I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 17th, 2010, 10:16 AM
IHBB Freak

I don't know how many people this will come in handy for. One of my old coworkers was in school for something perfectly relevant (business management if I recall correctly) and BBV told him he wasn't eligible for tuition reimbursement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread January 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM

I am majoring in Digital Media and minoring in Film. 3 of my classes are Film classes this semester and I'll find it as incredible irony if Blockbuster doesn't reimburse for Film classes.
Unread January 18th, 2010, 04:17 AM
IHBB GOD

the new Reimbursement program is not major-specific, by the way.
Unread January 18th, 2010, 09:36 AM
IHBB Freak

No, but I imagine it's "Good luck getting a dime from us" specific.
Quote:
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread January 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM

I'm wondering how your coworker didn't get it. The new tuition reimbursement works at all accredited institutions. Maybe it wasn't accredited? Not only that, you have to submit the form within 60 days of completing the class and it just started January 1, so I don't know of any classes that are already completed.

Also, I used the old one, too, and none of my classes were job related, but I still got the full amount.
Unread January 19th, 2010, 10:53 AM
IHBB Freak

Again, from my understanding, in order to be eligible, your major must in some way pertain to Blockbuster. I would think that his did, being business management and all, but they still refused him.
Quote:
Unread January 19th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
Again, from my understanding, in order to be eligible, your major must in some way pertain to Blockbuster. I would think that his did, being business management and all, but they still refused him.
That was with the old reimbursement. My major is completely unrelated and I got the full amount with the old one. Also, with the new one, it says "The benefit is now available for all classes taken at an accredited school, regardless of your major".
Unread January 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM

When i did tuition reimbursement...many years ago...i was majoring in something completely unrelated to bbv and was approved for the full amount. so...i would double check as to why they denied your employee. that doesnt make sense.
Unread January 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM

I printed the forms out yesterday. Can anyone tell me if I need an official transcript from my school or can I just print out an unofficial one. Same thing with the receipt for tuition?

Also my SM has never told anyone about this and I didn't see this in any com updates, am I supposed to submit this through her? She's going to wonder how I know about the program especially if she doesn't now herself.
Unread January 23rd, 2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxnl1090 View Post
I printed the forms out yesterday. Can anyone tell me if I need an official transcript from my school or can I just print out an unofficial one. Same thing with the receipt for tuition?

Also my SM has never told anyone about this and I didn't see this in any com updates, am I supposed to submit this through her? She's going to wonder how I know about the program especially if she doesn't now herself.
An unofficial one is fine for both. Don't submit it through her. At the top of the form is an address you can mail it to, but I would suggest just faxing it.

I'm sure she knows about it if she's been keeping up with her updates. It was a separate attachment in the December 15 update.

Edit: A picture of the separate attachment I'm talking about was posted in the first post of this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to empbal For This Useful Post:
Mxnl1090 (January 23rd, 2010)