I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 27th, 2007, 01:05 PM
IHBB Freak

Seriously Rewards should be handled differently. You should be able to get a new release for free when you sign up... that or they should drop the price to $4.99. I mean it's there to increase customer loyalty. Why not give a little. I mean these are actual paying customers... unlike those online trading douches.. Just my 2 cents.

sorry for the multi post.
Unread August 27th, 2007, 02:51 PM

A friend of mine is the store manager at that store and he got fired today. I should say that I know him well and he does not use that word, but he does badger customers. I am thinking this is why he got fired.

I am glad I no longer work for this company.

I just read the article and the whole thing sounds exactly like my friend, but as I said, he does not use that word. I am really sad that he got fired over this. That district just got a new DL and I think he's probably on the war path. The store manager of that store frequently got customer complaints because of similar things, but I just can't see him swearing in front of a customer. Slamming down DVDs, maybe if he was really mad, but not swearing.
Unread August 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbait View Post
A friend of mine is the store manager at that store and he got fired today. I should say that I know him well and he does not use that word, but he does badger customers. I am thinking this is why he got fired.

I am glad I no longer work for this company.

I just read the article and the whole thing sounds exactly like my friend, but as I said, he does not use that word. I am really sad that he got fired over this. That district just got a new DL and I think he's probably on the war path. The store manager of that store frequently got customer complaints because of similar things, but I just can't see him swearing in front of a customer. Slamming down DVDs, maybe if he was really mad, but not swearing.
It's really sad that this company has put so much pressure on in terms of sales. I can understand getting angry but they should not have to say no more then three times. I always let go after that or when i can see them getting majorly annoyed. No amount of sales is worth getting complaints over. It makes me wonder how many you'd have to have before you get fired.
Unread August 27th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
Seriously Rewards should be handled differently. You should be able to get a new release for free when you sign up... that or they should drop the price to $4.99. I mean it's there to increase customer loyalty. Why not give a little. I mean these are actual paying customers... unlike those online trading douches.. Just my 2 cents.

sorry for the multi post.
I don't really agree on the the free NR part but I do think that the rewards should be changed. I've always thought that they should maybe change the monthly coupons to a NR, discounted PRP or Snack item instead of just bsi. Alternating coupons would be awesome and it would give the customers something to look forward to.

Last edited by Thursday's Child; August 27th, 2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Sorry for the double post
Unread August 28th, 2007, 04:58 AM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to SL_600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday's Child View Post
I don't really agree on the the free NR part but I do think that the rewards should be changed. I've always thought that they should maybe change the monthly coupons to a NR, discounted PRP or Snack item instead of just bsi. Alternating coupons would be awesome and it would give the customers something to look forward to.
If they can give NRs for the monthly coupon, what's the harm in giving it as a bonus for signing up? When we used to do it, it worked wonders as the customer could see instant value in one of their movies free today, instead of nothing or merely a BSI. I agreed with the other ideas in you post though.

WWGD ....What Would Gord Do?
Unread August 28th, 2007, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday's Child View Post
It's really sad that this company has put so much pressure on in terms of sales. I can understand getting angry but they should not have to say no more then three times. I always let go after that or when i can see them getting majorly annoyed. No amount of sales is worth getting complaints over. It makes me wonder how many you'd have to have before you get fired.
Well, according to the new DL, just two. I talked to my friend last night, and he told the new DL that he would not swear at a customer, or around them. The DL said that he'd gotten two complaints about him in the last month and that was that.

No write ups, no nothing. Just got rid of him, didn't even give him a second chance. They asked him if he would change his ways, he said he would but then the sales results wouldn't be there and that the would be down his throat about that. So, they let him go.

He sold more than double the number of rewards of the next store a week. His store was actually in the top 10 in the company in rewards while I worked there. His store was meticulous, and was map compliant. He just pushed customers too hard and one finally made up a story that was just believable enough.
Unread August 28th, 2007, 08:22 AM
IHBB GOD

My take on it is that most of what the customer said was true, but I bet he didn't say, "fucking customers", but I can believe he made a remark about customers not understanding the offer.

I can understand that it's frustrating when a customer does not want an offer where they'll save money, or if they don't even seem to understand your point, but there really is no excuse for speaking to someone that way; it simply shouldn't happen.

You have to swallow your frustrations, and move on to another customer.

Quote:
Well, according to the new DL, just two. I talked to my friend last night, and he told the new DL that he would not swear at a customer, or around them. The DL said that he'd gotten two complaints about him in the last month and that was that.

No write ups, no nothing. Just got rid of him, didn't even give him a second chance. They asked him if he would change his ways, he said he would but then the sales results wouldn't be there and that the would be down his throat about that. So, they let him go.

He sold more than double the number of rewards of the next store a week. His store was actually in the top 10 in the company in rewards while I worked there. His store was meticulous, and was map compliant. He just pushed customers too hard and one finally made up a story that was just believable enough.
It sounds to me like this is really just a symptom of the pressure to sell, yet again. That said, it sounds like he'll get on better at another job. Despite the pressure, we can't treat our customers like that.
Unread August 28th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
My take on it is that most of what the customer said was true, but I bet he didn't say, "fucking customers", but I can believe he made a remark about customers not understanding the offer.

I can understand that it's frustrating when a customer does not want an offer where they'll save money, or if they don't even seem to understand your point, but there really is no excuse for speaking to someone that way; it simply shouldn't happen.

You have to swallow your frustrations, and move on to another customer.

It sounds to me like this is really just a symptom of the pressure to sell, yet again. That said, it sounds like he'll get on better at another job. Despite the pressure, we can't treat our customers like that.

I agree that he took things too personally sometimes, and was too aggressive. And he got a lot of customer complaints. But, the way it was handled by his manager was just wrong. They didn't offer him a second chance or write him up, they came there to fire him and they did. They even had the audacity to ask him what he was going to do to save his job. When he asked what he could do, they skirted the question and fired him.

I am not condoning or demeaning his actions, but I will say the way he was treated really pisses me off.
Unread August 28th, 2007, 10:12 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I agree that he took things too personally sometimes, and was too aggressive. And he got a lot of customer complaints. But, the way it was handled by his manager was just wrong. They didn't offer him a second chance or write him up, they came there to fire him and they did. They even had the audacity to ask him what he was going to do to save his job. When he asked what he could do, they skirted the question and fired him.

I am not condoning or demeaning his actions, but I will say the way he was treated really pisses me off.
I agree, it's a poor way to treat someone, but I'll bet its only because this has been posted online. The company are bound to be aware of it, and we've seen instances before on this board where some disgruntled customer has posted stuff online, with specific details of who/where it was, only for them to be 'let go' shortly afterwards.

Since they had the excuse to get rid, they did so. Not at all surprised, I'm afraid.
Unread August 28th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
I agree, it's a poor way to treat someone, but I'll bet its only because this has been posted online. The company are bound to be aware of it, and we've seen instances before on this board where some disgruntled customer has posted stuff online, with specific details of who/where it was, only for them to be 'let go' shortly afterwards.

Since they had the excuse to get rid, they did so. Not at all surprised, I'm afraid.
Anyone surprised at this companies actions has been living under a rock. I just wish that once they would do things the right way. It is like they go out of their way to screw things up.

I'm sure they could have found a lot of reason to fire him, but find those reason, follow the proper channels. Don't just jump in and fire someone because of a consumer report online.