I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Unread August 28th, 2007, 11:27 AM
MissHailstorm's Avatar
MissHailstorm MissHailstorm is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 7,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbait View Post
Anyone surprised at this companies actions has been living under a rock. I just wish that once they would do things the right way. It is like they go out of their way to screw things up.

I'm sure they could have found a lot of reason to fire him, but find those reason, follow the proper channels. Don't just jump in and fire someone because of a consumer report online.
It is scary, yeah... theoretically, it could happen to any of us, I suppose.

I mean, I'd like to think I'm very good with customers, and the only time I argue back, it's because they are being completely unreasonable. But that's not to say that some customer couldn't just go off and write-up a completely unfair account of what happened, and accuse me of all sorts of crap, post it online with my name, my store, the lot.

But I would also like to think that I'd get a fair hearing.

I guess since he admitted that he'd been a little rude, albeit without swearing, they figured it was enough. Also, the fact that the customer implied they were whiter than white in the situation...
__________________
Phone number is WRONG. Update it NEXT TIME or I will eviscerate you.
  #22  
Unread August 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM
powerbait powerbait is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
It is scary, yeah... theoretically, it could happen to any of us, I suppose.

I mean, I'd like to think I'm very good with customers, and the only time I argue back, it's because they are being completely unreasonable. But that's not to say that some customer couldn't just go off and write-up a completely unfair account of what happened, and accuse me of all sorts of crap, post it online with my name, my store, the lot.

But I would also like to think that I'd get a fair hearing.

I guess since he admitted that he'd been a little rude, albeit without swearing, they figured it was enough. Also, the fact that the customer implied they were whiter than white in the situation...
I can just imagine that he wishes he had said something now. They didn't even ask the other employees who were there what happened.

He's handling it pretty well, but just knowing how people are fired in this district, it makes me think that he had pissed someone off further up the chain.
  #23  
Unread August 28th, 2007, 02:39 PM
The Cleaner The Cleaner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 102
I wish I could just discount it out of hand, but in our district the DL is more or less putting a revolver to people's heads and politely asking them to sell a bajillion rewards if they want to live. It wouldn't surprise me.
  #24  
Unread August 28th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Propoxy Propoxy is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
Seriously Rewards should be handled differently. You should be able to get a new release for free when you sign up... that or they should drop the price to $4.99. I mean it's there to increase customer loyalty. Why not give a little. I mean these are actual paying customers... unlike those online trading douches.. Just my 2 cents.
I disagree. Rewards is a great deal at its current price. Customers need only get two or three (depending on rental fees) free before it has paid for itself.

Even if they only use the monthly coupon, they've saved (on average) $38. Same goes for those customers who only rent New Releases. Assuming they rent at least 6 per month, that's the $38 savings right there.

Rewards doesn't need to be priced less or include any different perks. Employees just need to be more able to show the value to the customers.
  #25  
Unread August 28th, 2007, 06:44 PM
ClutztomerControl's Avatar
ClutztomerControl ClutztomerControl is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South of Heaven, West of Hell
Posts: 1,448
Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?Really? Are you that bored that you are reading my old post on here? Do you have a life of your own?


Well ARE YOU!!!????????

Last edited by ClutztomerControl; January 14th, 2009 at 02:01 AM.
  #26  
Unread August 29th, 2007, 04:29 AM
MissHailstorm's Avatar
MissHailstorm MissHailstorm is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 7,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
I disagree. Rewards is a great deal at its current price. Customers need only get two or three (depending on rental fees) free before it has paid for itself.

Even if they only use the monthly coupon, they've saved (on average) $38. Same goes for those customers who only rent New Releases. Assuming they rent at least 6 per month, that's the $38 savings right there.

Rewards doesn't need to be priced less or include any different perks. Employees just need to be more able to show the value to the customers.
I really wish we did Rewards here in the UK - I don't understand why we don't. It sounds like a great promotion, and although you guys seem to be under a lot of pressure to sell, I always quite enjoy selling something that is good value.
__________________
Phone number is WRONG. Update it NEXT TIME or I will eviscerate you.
  #27  
Unread August 29th, 2007, 04:39 AM
orbitdvd orbitdvd is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,302
Methinks there's more to this story. If this store is truly in the top 10 for rewards sales, and nothing else happened besides this exchange, the manager should have only gotten a write-up.

If this is truly a knee-jerk reaction from BBV top brass, then this sets a dangerous precedent. What if you have an argument with a customer, and then they complain on a public forum and bend the truth. Will you also be fired?


marc
  #28  
Unread August 29th, 2007, 04:47 AM
MissHailstorm's Avatar
MissHailstorm MissHailstorm is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 7,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Methinks there's more to this story. If this store is truly in the top 10 for rewards sales, and nothing else happened besides this exchange, the manager should have only gotten a write-up.

If this is truly a knee-jerk reaction from BBV top brass, then this sets a dangerous precedent. What if you have an argument with a customer, and then they complain on a public forum and bend the truth. Will you also be fired?


marc
That's what I'm wondering.

Do you recall that 'Manager calls me an idiot and it's on my receipt' debacle?

It's still on Google cahce (but not for long!): http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a


Quote:
oltranzista
December 16th, 2005, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Does anyone known what the link to this newssite is if one wanted to find out what store this happened at? I believe that this happened at a store very close to me. Everyone has been talking about it because the SM has been fired! I found one link: http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000150070336/, that gives the zip code the event occurred in, which is probably confirmation enough, because it matches up. I know this former store manager and the staff at this store!
The only other site I posted this thread on was at www.teamxbox.com. What happened was the other posters from that site took this story and ran with it sending this to other sites like joystiq and digg among others.

I really wasn't planning on getting anyone fired but I thought that the people involved should have been spoken too or given refresher training on reading the system history so other customers don't have to go through the same hassle I did.

FYI: I actually never sent in a formal complaint about this but I did receive a voicemail from the district? manager for Tulsa about it. I returned the call today and left a voicemail with her and told her what times are best to call me.
The manager got fired after that news story was posted, and the customer says here that he never made a formal complaint or even wished for the staff to be fired over it.

Now that, to me, is kind of scary. It does make me think that generating interest online certainly has something to do with it. Even if no-one of much interest picks the story up, someone somewhere will have probably made use of the contact details.
__________________
Phone number is WRONG. Update it NEXT TIME or I will eviscerate you.
  #29  
Unread August 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM
BBVcasualposter's Avatar
BBVcasualposter BBVcasualposter is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Methinks there's more to this story. If this store is truly in the top 10 for rewards sales, and nothing else happened besides this exchange, the manager should have only gotten a write-up.

If this is truly a knee-jerk reaction from BBV top brass, then this sets a dangerous precedent. What if you have an argument with a customer, and then they complain on a public forum and bend the truth. Will you also be fired?


marc
'I know someone said they knew the person who did this and got fired. But has anyone actually checked the validity of that?

I to find it very hard to beleive someone would get canned off some lame internet comment that 99% of the time are faked or exaggerated.
__________________
Kawliga: You know my uncle Jerry Sandusky
  #30  
Unread August 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
powerbait powerbait is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
'I know someone said they knew the person who did this and got fired. But has anyone actually checked the validity of that?

I to find it very hard to beleive someone would get canned off some lame internet comment that 99% of the time are faked or exaggerated.
I mean, I don't know how much more validity I can give you other than to say, has anyone else seen something from me here that they think I was lying about?

As I understand it, it's not cool to announce your district here, and I pretty much announced my former district right there. But I don't really care, as I don't work for the company anymore.

That said, the former store manager has a sit down meeting with the RDO tomorrow to talk about it.

But, I do believe that this is all that he was fired for. I don't know, there may be more to the story, but I can say that firings in our district without proper procedure being followed are not out of the ordinary.

Just before my friend was fired, my former store manager (and I just left the company at the start of August) was forced out by the DL leaving. They didn't exactly follow procedure there either, but my former SM already had a new job and was leaving anyway.

If you choose to discount what I say, that's fine. But it doesn't make it any less or more true, it is just what you choose to believe.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:27 PM.


vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.