I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
IHBB GOD

I think he's sound, and see above - another example of someone being fired over Internet ramblings.
Unread August 30th, 2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
I think he's sound, and see above - another example of someone being fired over Internet ramblings.
Gotta spread it around, apparently, but thanks. It's just a shitty situation. My friend really gave a lot to that company. He'd put in 50+ hours a week just to make sure that his store was in order. He always stayed fully staffed. But, he often challenged upper managements' decisions. He usually wound up doing exactly what they wanted, but he always shared his opinion.

But, he did also get customer complaints. Granted, he worked in Chapel Hill. Chapel Hill is a college town, very liberal, and most of the population in the part where his store is located is rich doctors, well off professors and their kids. They are accustomed to getting their way. A lot of them are your stereotypical I demand everything the way I want it right away and if you try to upsell them, they lose their temper every time.

Still, I think it is on BBV for not writing him up, and I really think that the reason he got let go is that this was on the internet. I also think the customer had a calling campaign, because apparently they called the store all day on Monday and then again on Tuesday.
Unread August 30th, 2007, 07:06 AM

my DL's latest comment to us is to get all our online members to join rewards, because 1 store who has the highest active member base in our district proclaimed that one third of his rewards sales hes getting are to online customers. Also is everybody on this 1.5% of our active member thing as our gage on how well we sell rewards. I do 75 a week but apparently thats not enough lol. Were on week 5 of our drive and now my DL has committed to our RDO that our district were get 2 % this week.

"WHEN DOES THE MADNESS STOP" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Unread August 30th, 2007, 07:50 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by farules27 View Post
my DL's latest comment to us is to get all our online members to join rewards, because 1 store who has the highest active member base in our district proclaimed that one third of his rewards sales hes getting are to online customers. Also is everybody on this 1.5% of our active member thing as our gage on how well we sell rewards. I do 75 a week but apparently thats not enough lol. Were on week 5 of our drive and now my DL has committed to our RDO that our district were get 2 % this week.

"WHEN DOES THE MADNESS STOP" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Our District goal has been 2% of actives since start. In fact we were under the impression everyones goal was 2%.
Unread August 30th, 2007, 08:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
Our District goal has been 2% of actives since start. In fact we were under the impression everyones goal was 2%.
Our district goals have been 1.5% although we have surpassed that everyweek, but the higher volume stores suck. I'm tired of carrying other stores. Everytime we have a new program we surpass it but stores that have higher volume just don't seem to try hard enough.
The top Poster!
Unread August 31st, 2007, 12:13 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Our district goals have been 1.5% although we have surpassed that everyweek, but the higher volume stores suck. I'm tired of carrying other stores. Everytime we have a new program we surpass it but stores that have higher volume just don't seem to try hard enough.
"Our district goal is to make a profit, although we have surpassed that every week, but the lower volume stores suck. I'm tired of carrying other stores. Everytime we have a profit goal, we surpass it but stores that have lower volume just don't seem to try hard enough"

Just showing it from another point of view

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread August 31st, 2007, 12:42 AM

It's never going to be enough. I actually had something happen recently that really put things into perspective. About a week ago, I was attending a recruting drive for the Atlanta Police Department, and one part of the process is, they have you answer a huge questionare and then sit you down for the actual job interview as one of the first things that you do before you take any tests.

Anyways, on the questionare, one of the questions was, "Have you ever been given a written repremand at work?" and since I actually got demoted from getting too many write ups from not getting enough up sales from back when we had to get people to sign up for online and it cost $10. So, I wrote on the questionare that I had been writen up "for failure to meet sales goals," and when I sat down for the interview, the officer doing the interview saw that, looked at me like I was nuts and said "Most biusnesses won't write employees up for not selling enough" to which I replied "That's Blockbuster for you."
Unread September 1st, 2007, 01:43 AM

You know what, at 9:30 at night, after getting off a 7:00 pm conference call with my DL, sitting at zero Rewards for my shift and two for the week.. And I'm not saying he DID curse at the customer.. But I so would understand if he did.

Is it right? No. Is it the customer's fault that we're asked to perform like trained selling seals? No. But we all know that girl wasn't Miss Mary Sunshine... C'mon, NO customer refuses that politely, especially not that many times. They were probably talking over him, ignoring him when he asked for their card.. Acting like n00bs.. We're people, too. And if you want a faceless automoton that dispenses DVDs, go to Red Box.

Lord, beer me strength.

Bill Maher: I'm like the anti-Pope. The Pope is very consistent about life: Don't fuck with it. I'm that way about death. I'm pro-death. I'm for the death penalty. I'm pro-choice. I'm pro-assisted suicide, and I'm pro-regular suicide. Whatever gets the freeway moving.