I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 26th, 2007, 11:05 AM
IHBB GOD

bummer.....................
Unread September 26th, 2007, 11:14 AM

LOL I thought you could whare it too. Thats dumb..

A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better.
Unread September 26th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyj View Post
LOL I thought you could whare it too. Thats dumb..
"whare" ??? That's far from typo-ville..
Unread September 26th, 2007, 12:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adornedatom View Post
I dunno if I'd be so harsh to the company though. It's not like they didn't order enough copies for you, it's just that it was a 'limited edition' game designed for people who like to get rich of Ebay. Microsoft are simply not going to produce enough copies of that for everyone, or else nobody would rush out to buy it to feel special. Everyone whose ever worked at blockbuster for more than a few months knows that anything of a hard to get nature (launch consoles, rare copies of games, special edition consoles ect...) is going to be far from guaranteed with a pre-order. Best course of action when preselling them is to explain to the customer that they are entitled to the first copies we can get. Take just a 1 deposit but explain to the customer in advance that if you can't get the game/consdole before they purchase it somewhere else then the deposit will be refunded in full. It's a lot safer than allowing customers to assume (however wrongly) that they are actually ordering a copy of the game for the launch day.
But didn't Blockbuster tell us when to stop taking presales? That kind of implies that they knew how many copies they were getting, so every presale should've been guaranteed.

Also, Mr.M mentioned further up this thread that he was given 4 extra copies, on top of his presales. Why weren't those extra copies dispatched to cover other stores presales?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomithrandel View Post
its just a statuette, not wearable

i got the limited edition version and the discs are fine
I was thinking it might be a headset... that'd be sweet.
Unread September 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM
IHBB GOD

my store presold 7 of the limited edition version, but we got almost 20 copies of it, presold 10 of the regular, but got 30

Unread September 26th, 2007, 12:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomithrandel View Post
my store presold 7 of the limited edition version, but we got almost 20 copies of it, presold 10 of the regular, but got 30
Damnyoulomithrandel... presold 45, got 60 !

Then again, I do rock at presales, so, with any luck, we got each and every customer that was ever intending to buy it our store... less 15.
Unread September 26th, 2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
But didn't Blockbuster tell us when to stop taking presales? That kind of implies that they knew how many copies they were getting, so every presale should've been guaranteed.

Also, Mr.M mentioned further up this thread that he was given 4 extra copies, on top of his presales. Why weren't those extra copies dispatched to cover other stores presales?
Sorry I missed the post where a store got 5 extra copies (possibly recieved another stores delivery? It's happened before and few managers are willing to fess up and send the stock to the store that needs it. ) but I notice that Sav's presold copies did arrive, they were just delivered a little late so no real harm there.

Still, I don't think the company telling us to stop preselling meant they new exactly how many they were getting, so much as it shows they weren't sure how many they were getting and told everyone to stop offering them lest we can't meet the demand. The same thing happened with XB360 consoles, as I found out when I had to leave 300 of trade credit on my account for 3 months before I got one. The company came out of the blue and told us to stop preordering those too, and in the end we weren't the only company that couldn't honor their presales on it, pretty much everyone was in the same boat. I seriously doubt the Halo 3 LE will be any different, some companies who ordered them in good faith will be unable to meet demand because Microsoft haven't produced enough units. I think gamers come to expect it with microsoft products these days.
Unread September 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Sorry I missed the post where a store got 5 extra copies (possibly recieved another stores delivery? It's happened before and few managers are willing to fess up and send the stock to the store that needs it.) but I notice that Sav's presold copies did arrive, they were just delivered a little late so no real harm there.
I just noticed... cheeky git edited his post!

Quote:
Still, I don't think the company telling us to stop preselling meant they new exactly how many they were getting, so much as it shows they weren't sure how many they were getting and told everyone to stop offering them lest we can't meet the demand. The same thing happened with XB360 consoles, as I found out when I had to leave 300 of trade credit on my account for 3 months before I got one. The company came out of the blue and told us to stop preordering those too, and in the end we weren't the only company that couldn't honor their presales on it, pretty much everyone was in the same boat. I seriously doubt the Halo 3 LE will be any different, some companies who ordered them in good faith will be unable to meet demand because Microsoft haven't produced enough units. I think gamers come to expect it with microsoft products these days.
The 360 was a total cock-up! Thankfully, Blockbuster have actually been quite good with presales since. I've always been reluctant to say anything is 'guaranteed', even when the company say so. As it happens, I don't remember any problems with presales since the 360 fisaco. As far as I know, they do have a number they cap us at, and it's been a reliable figure of late. Something I feel they've learned their lesson on!

I'm glad we didn't do any of the LE - just one less headache for us, really. Imagine if one of those came back defective?
Unread September 26th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
Damnyoulomithrandel... presold 45, got 60

Then again, I do rock at presales, so, with any luck, we got each and every customer that was ever intending to buy it our store... less 15.
presold 16 regular edition, got over 60. Recieved about presale quantity +10 on the collectors edition. Didn't recieve any LE tho. (course we never preordered any anyway)

I think it's because the store I work at does well in games sales (a good display works wonders) but has a population of the tightest chavs to ever refuse a deposit.

Still, I can't believe I'd be the only one to have this phone conversation 100 times over.
Chav "Ere mate, you got ini of dat Halo in?"
Me "Yeah loads man."
Chav "Ya wouldn' put one side for me like, to get after work like."
Me "Sorry, because of the popularity on this one we have to do it first come first served. It's the only fair way."
Chav "Awe, cumon man, I'm like, in your store all da time."
Me "Oh. Hadn't you noticed we were doing preorders on this game for the last 6 months. It would have guaranteed you one."
Chav "Yeah, but I dinna wanna put a preorder on it before ya know."
Me "Which is why, I'm afraid, we can't put one on hold for you now."
Unread September 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
presold 16 regular edition, got over 60. Recieved about presale quantity +10 on the collectors edition. Didn't recieve any LE tho. (course we never preordered any anyway)
Whaaaaat? Now I'm really annoyed - aren't you express? We're the biggest games store in our district (since the only 1 debatably bigger than us got bumped off to another district), we presold loads. WTF did they base our stock levels on?

I'm going to squeam and squeam until I make myself sick!!!!

Quote:
I think it's because the store I work at does well in games sales (a good display works wonders) but has a population of the tightest chavs to ever refuse a deposit.

Still, I can't believe I'd be the only one to have this phone conversation 100 times over.
Chav "Ere mate, you got ini of dat Halo in?"
Me "Yeah loads man."
Chav "Ya wouldn' put one side for me like, to get after work like."
Me "Sorry, because of the popularity on this one we have to do it first come first served. It's the only fair way."
Chav "Awe, cumon man, I'm like, in your store all da time."
Me "Oh. Hadn't you noticed we were doing preorders on this game for the last 6 months. It would have guaranteed you one."
Chav "Yeah, but I dinna wanna put a preorder on it before ya know."
Me "Which is why, I'm afraid, we can't put one on hold for you now."
Presales on games are especially easy, I find. The deposit is 5 and they get a free rental, so all you need to do is target everyone renting a 4.95 game. I simply inform them they can pay exactly the same (give or take 5p), but put a game on order, and effectively get 5 off if they choose to buy the game. If they decide they don't want it, we can just cancel the presale, and take the deposit as payment for the rental they got free. We don't lose anything, neither do they (except for the aforementioned 5p).

Anyone with any ounce of intelligence takes it up, but you still get the moronical fuckwits who decide it's "too complicated".

I was pissed off yesterday, trying to sort out the presales, when I came across one that just had a name written on it, but no presale. Damned CSR just reserved it for someone, didn't even indicate if they were coming on release day. I nearly put it back out, but eventually left a note saying to hold until the close of business (I figure some will have cancelled their presales anyways, so it's not a huge deal, I suppose).