I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
i just wish it wasnt 29.99. that is a hard sell. rewards was easy...10 bucks and you're done.

I believe in the Movie Pass. I have the Movie Pass. I heart my Movie Pass. But, i am willing to spend the 29.99 a month, because I know the value.

but the average customer doesnt. all they hear is 29.99. now are most of them spending more that that a month? sure. But it doesnt matter how much you tell them they have rented. they only hear 29.99.

i would sell the shit out of movie pass with intro rates. I cant remember a time when we had a movie pass drive WITHOUT an intro rate. we did it with total access. hell we gave em a whole month for free. we even did it with rewards..remember those 90 free trials?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give us an intro rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well we were told 25 rewards, 10 movie passes, 6 game passes, 10 pre-sales, and a positive comp. We were also told we would be written up if we do not make the presale goal.
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 06:46 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via Yahoo to URBAN_COWBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
i just wish it wasnt 29.99. that is a hard sell. rewards was easy...10 bucks and you're done.

I believe in the Movie Pass. I have the Movie Pass. I heart my Movie Pass. But, i am willing to spend the 29.99 a month, because I know the value.

but the average customer doesnt. all they hear is 29.99. now are most of them spending more that that a month? sure. But it doesnt matter how much you tell them they have rented. they only hear 29.99.

i would sell the shit out of movie pass with intro rates. I cant remember a time when we had a movie pass drive WITHOUT an intro rate. we did it with total access. hell we gave em a whole month for free. we even did it with rewards..remember those 90 free trials?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give us an intro rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd have to disagree with the intro rates. To me, you are devaluing your product and causing confusion. With the discount rate you are telling your customers, "normally we are going to charge you $29.99 per month, but for one month we will give you $5 off." The next question I am going to ask you as a customer is, if it's only worth $24.99 this month, why is suddenly worth $29.99 next month? I believe if the service is truly worth $29.99, and your employees believe in it, it will sell itself at that price. BBI has given away enough money over the last few years, might be time to stop that practice.

"Girl, you're making me harder than chinese algebra."-Craig Shoemaker

Cowboy, I'm all yours Always have been, always will! -WrongHeaven

Royal Executioner
Unread December 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN_COWBOY View Post
I'd have to disagree with the intro rates. To me, you are devaluing your product and causing confusion. With the discount rate you are telling your customers, "normally we are going to charge you $29.99 per month, but for one month we will give you $5 off." The next question I am going to ask you as a customer is, if it's only worth $24.99 this month, why is suddenly worth $29.99 next month? I believe if the service is truly worth $29.99, and your employees believe in it, it will sell itself at that price. BBI has given away enough money over the last few years, might be time to stop that practice.
I agree, all goes in line with the spoiling customers too much.
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM

At 30$ you are automatically into a fairly small piece of the market. I think the average customer is centering around the 16$ range. Netflix could never sign up many people at their higher price plans despite the crapload of value that delivers either.

Ok, so why not introduce a program that is 10$ a month and gets you 1$\day rentals on anything in the store...?

This is perfectly crafted for the high use, high traffic customer that Movie Pass appeals to without having the 30$ hill to climb. Also, if the customer scales up to 30$ total he will only have kept product off the shelves for 20 days rather than the 60-90 days on MoviePass (2 or 3 titles x 30 days).

PLEASE GOD TELL ME THAT'S SIMPLE ENOUGH!!!
Unread December 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM
IHBB Freak

We were told last week, don't sell Rewards because they are working on a new Rewards program and don't want to get any more customers on the current program because it will be different....so we didn't push it at all and tried for passes...we got 3 passes and a decent number of Rewards, but today we're told that we need at least 20 Rewards and 15 passes per week!

I'd love to have every customer paying $30 a month for the movie pass...but it's just not gonna happen. I have a guy that comes in every Tuesday and rents 4-6 BSI movies, sometimes a new release, and he refuses Rewards every time...I actually don't care anymore, we are making lots of money from him more than we would if he was getting 3 free every week.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 07:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorehoppin View Post
We were told last week, don't sell Rewards because they are working on a new Rewards program and don't want to get any more customers on the current program because it will be different....so we didn't push it at all and tried for passes...we got 3 passes and a decent number of Rewards, but today we're told that we need at least 20 Rewards and 15 passes per week!

I'd love to have every customer paying $30 a month for the movie pass...but it's just not gonna happen. I have a guy that comes in every Tuesday and rents 4-6 BSI movies, sometimes a new release, and he refuses Rewards every time...I actually don't care anymore, we are making lots of money from him more than we would if he was getting 3 free every week.
Scuse me, but if he rents 4 bsi movies , make him a rewards member, it won't cost him a dime he will get 2 free right away. I do this all the time,
"Congratulations you just qualified for a rewards membership no charge."
The top Poster!
Unread December 10th, 2007, 08:31 PM
IHBB Freak

I have tried that...I told him he'll save money today if he does it, but the guy truely thinks it's some sort of scam and doesn't trust us. So hey, keep paying $20 every week, I'm happy with that.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 08:41 PM
IHBB Freak

Customers who sign up for a new Movie Pass (oops, I mean Total Access In Store) will receive a $5 giftcard.

Apparently. I haven't seen the details yet, but this is what I heard yesterday.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
I'm going to print this and post it in my office at work
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread December 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Sorry for the double post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Scuse me, but if he rents 4 bsi movies , make him a rewards member, it won't cost him a dime he will get 2 free right away. I do this all the time,
"Congratulations you just qualified for a rewards membership no charge."
That type of thing is harder to pull off at my store. Our BSI movies are Rent 2 for $5 - always. It's been that way for the past, eh, year and a half, maybe.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!