I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
I can just imagine what kind of hellafied sales push they're gonna demand once GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 hit the horizon. Wii rentals and customers are well and good but the bread and butter of our next gen rental and retail is PS3 and Xbox 360, so there's gonna be a HUGE push for this.

On the flipside, they'll probably also be much easier to sell.
I could sell the hell out of GTA4, all the little kiddies parents let them rent it. But we need some kind of incentive.Free rental could work.
Oh, and I hope we require a Credit Card like Madden, since it is a high theft item.
The top Poster!
Unread March 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
IHBB Freak

are they making GTA4 for PS2? We are taking pre-orders on it but the flyer listed PS3 and xbox 360 only.
Unread March 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM
IHBB GOD

I think it's only for the ps3 and x360. A least that's what I was told today.
The top Poster!
Unread March 4th, 2008, 11:31 PM
IHBB Freak

Correct. PS3 and X360 only. Go Next Gen or Go Home!
Unread March 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
IHBB GOD

the problem with the wii, lets be honest, its a family game system. and most hard core gamers, own the wii, but don't just buy games for it. a kid that works for me, has every system under the sun, he went right out and bought assasins creed the day it came out, prolly had it pre-ordered for months. he occasionally rents wii games, but not on a regular basis.

so the GTA will be hella easier to presale, because I rent more 360 games than i do anything else. GTA will have online capabilites, so that makes it an easier sell to the hard core gamers.

from what i understand, the goals will be huge on this. good luck everyone.

(and i am a 11pm store, i will not be having a midnight sale.)
Unread March 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM

The game stop near me has 250 copies of SSBB preordered. They are having a tournament that starts at 9:30. They expect about 30 people to show up. This is a small game stop.

Blockbuster has never been equipped to handle games and is mishandling this market. Preordering games from Gamestop gets you free stuff. Everytime. I have never preordered a game where I didn't get something on the release for the preorder. Top that off, I can preorder any game from Gamestop/EB, can't do it from BB.

Also, a thief can just steal a game from blockbuster. WHY DO THEY KEEP HOT PRODUCT LIVE ON THE FLOOR?! Such a terrible idea.
Unread March 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
IHBB Freak

Blockbuster is trying to get more into the game market. We are trying to get presales but we don't want to give away any more than we already are (Online exchanges anyone?). So they figure whatever we can pre-sell w/out any freebies is good for us, and if we don't get alot, oh well. But they are really pushing us to get these presales.

And we don't keep new retail games live on the floor, but PPGs (some costing $49.99-54.99) are live and frequently stolen (and never-ever sold until they get marked down to $19.99).
Unread March 6th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorehoppin View Post
Blockbuster is trying to get more into the game market. We are trying to get presales but we don't want to give away any more than we already are (Online exchanges anyone?). So they figure whatever we can pre-sell w/out any freebies is good for us, and if we don't get alot, oh well. But they are really pushing us to get these presales.

And we don't keep new retail games live on the floor, but PPGs (some costing $49.99-54.99) are live and frequently stolen (and never-ever sold until they get marked down to $19.99).

Yeah, why would you buy a previously viewed game from Blockbuster when they don't have the selection and they don't have an edge card to knock 10% off the price.
Unread March 6th, 2008, 08:22 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbait View Post
Yeah, why would you buy a previously viewed game from Blockbuster when they don't have the selection and they don't have an edge card to knock 10% off the price.
good point, but my point was that we keep retail games deadboxed, but PPGs that are the same price point are live and always get ripped off. I did have a customer the other night saying how our used Wii game prices are a lot cheaper than Gamestop, but he did complain about our selection (we only have 2 Wii games left since the rest got stolen).
Unread March 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorehoppin View Post
good point, but my point was that we keep retail games deadboxed, but PPGs that are the same price point are live and always get ripped off. I did have a customer the other night saying how our used Wii game prices are a lot cheaper than Gamestop, but he did complain about our selection (we only have 2 Wii games left since the rest got stolen).
I know how it works. That is what ticked me off more than anything, having live product on the floor is brutal.

Sure, PRP is almost all profit, so it's not a huge loss, but PPG is a huge loss. Especially since they so rarely sell.

Blockbuster is such a poor player in the video game market. It is a billion dollar industry and BB manages to lose money on it.