I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 25th, 2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Let me just say this..it is okay to vent and it is okay to dog the company, but there is ways to go about it..and not wish thousands of people out of work.
David, no one wants anyone out of a job, Its just I think sometimes you would like to believe everything is gonna be as it was but things have changed so much and the reason people are saying things about Blockbuster not being around, Is because Dish is in control now and they can do there PR thing all they want but at the end of the day if they dont like whats going on with the stores they will not keep them, theres people right now combing over leases I promise you some are making red lines through them and its not just 200

Last edited by Just Breathe 09; April 25th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Breathe 09 For This Useful Post:
fireyjewels (April 25th, 2011)
Unread April 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM

I have been with the company for a very long time. I don't wish harm to anyone. I do think that there are some people who deserve to be brought down a notch or two. Does that mean I want to see them go up in flames? Hell no, I am not that type of person. However, I have been used, abused, bruised (don't ask)by this company. I have put blood, sweat, and tears into this effin' company - so if I want to vent, I am going to vent. I don't like to be talked to like I am an idiot - quite the opposite - I hold a degree that tells me otherwise. You don't see me getting on here and flaunting my shit for everyone to see. I do not think that I am better than anyone but the people who think their shit don't stink need a face palm to the freaking forehead!!

If Dish continues in the same way BB was going - I don't give a shit how damn deep their pockets are, they will fail. Realistically, chopping off hundreds of stores is what they will need to do to gain some ground. That is just to get started in the right direction. That doesn't mean that I sit in a corner and pray that people will lose their jobs - the key word here is REALISTICALLY. I have sit and read you all fight back and forth and it has been very entertaining. I don't want to know why someone lost their job, that is their business. So for those who think the majority of us sit and wish for everyone to be jobless, stop and think exactly what type of person you are to constantly ask why the hell someone else did lose theirs.

**Group Hug** Bahahahaha...I suppose the bottom line to the story is that none of us are perfect. Everyone of us has busted our ass for this company and at one time we loved it. If we didn't we would not be on this website at all. That is what I meant by a love/hate relationship. Blockbuster was the ish at one time and it could be again with the right amount of money, leadership, and passion from the workers. Unfortunately there isn't a endless supply of all three. The money eventually will run thin, all the great leaders are just about gone, and the passion was stripped away a long time ago.

I hope that people keep their jobs, the ones who want to anyway. I can't see the company succeeding, taking on dead weight stores that aren't making a penny on some days. I just hope the CEO of Dish knows what he just got himself into is all.

Last edited by fireyjewels; April 25th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fireyjewels For This Useful Post:
angrYbird (April 25th, 2011), easy1234 (April 26th, 2011), Freemason220 (April 25th, 2011), Just Breathe 09 (April 25th, 2011), muthaflippin (April 25th, 2011)
Unread April 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoma View Post
By your rationale, anybody who ever got fucked over or felt they got the shaft should have just given up and let it go. Well, I for one am very pleased that isn't the case. Just think about how many things in this world that are good that we wouldn't have had people just 'moved on'...lets start with this country shall we? If the people who founded this country had just tucked tail and moved on, you probably wouldn't be here right now telling us all to fuck off and get an education.

It is human nature to want justice from injustice, real or perceived. Just because you don't like the fact that people still badmouth the company you work for doesn't give them any less right to come here day after day to do it, just as you have the right to come here day after day to defend it.

Yah, I want justice just like alot of the other people who come here. I want my shit stain of a former SM to get thrown out on his ass like he deserves instead of continuing to snow his superiors into thinking he's deserving of anything let alone continued employment. He abuses and bullies his employees, steals from the company and still manages to come out smelling like a rose. And he's not the only one. And it's because of this company's continued delusional mismanagement that people like him are still allowed to draw a paycheck and made to think that their behavior is acceptable and, worse yet, desirable.

So with all due respect (which quite frankly is none), once again I pray you shove your sanctimonious self serving attitude straight up your ass and sit and spin on it. Maybe you'll get dizzy enough that when the world stops spinning and your inner ear fluid settles, you'll see just how skewed your world view really is.
LMAO at you and the six idiots that so far thanked you for this nonsense!

My world is skewed but yet you are the one comparing this group's pity party over a freaking job to saving our great nation?

None of you were slaves! You chose to work for this company!

And what great work are you doing here in the midst of your pity party to insure your justice for injustice? What does attacking every person who defends this company and the constant whining and complaining here do to achieve the justice you so desperately seek?

And what great injustice have you suffered? Oh my gosh, you had a horrible SM? You didn't get a raise the last few years from a company bleeding money? You didn't get your unemployment and its BB's fault while it was the state you live in who ultimately made the decision based on the facts presented?

Any therapist worth a damn would tell you how unhealthy and unproductive this is! Those that have been here posting their hate for this company for years is not venting, they are wallowing. You continue to live the misery day in and day out. And for what purpose? You feel better? You won't feel better til you make it a distant memory and move on with your life.

Until then, attack me all you want. I enjoy what I do. I will continue to do it until I am no longer wanted or until I don't have a place to do it. I will continue to provide to those above me my opinions and suggestions. However, I don't own the company. I just work for it. In the end, I am paid not to do what I think should be done but for what I am asked to get done. If I ever decide I can't emotionally, ethically, or morally do the job, I will move on to something else. In the mean time, I'll just be the blind idiot who chooses in his life to look for what is right rather than always looking for what is wrong.

Things are neither good nor bad. Thinking makes them so. I am sure there are a lot of homeless and jobless people in this world that would gladly switch their misery for the unconceivalbe misery of working at Blockbuster.
Unread April 25th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireyjewels View Post
I hold a degree that tells me otherwise. ....... I have sit and read you all fight back and forth and it has been very entertaining.
You may want to ask for a refund. I believe it should be that you have SAT and read. Just saying....
The Following User Says Thank You to BBStoreMgr112233 For This Useful Post:
Mushroom Employee (April 25th, 2011)
Unread April 25th, 2011, 08:58 PM
IHBB Freak

There is one person on this board..and if u missed all his posts about us being out of work...then u arent exactly reading the board..but im not here to argue...it is what it is..we all get tormented.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread April 25th, 2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post

My world is skewed but yet you are the one comparing this group's pity party over a freaking job to saving our great nation?

And what great work are you doing here in the midst of your pity party to insure your justice for injustice? What does attacking every person who defends this company and the constant whining and complaining here do to achieve the justice you so desperately seek?

And what great injustice have you suffered? Oh my gosh, you had a horrible SM? You didn't get a raise the last few years from a company bleeding money? You didn't get your unemployment and its BB's fault while it was the state you live in who ultimately made the decision based on the facts presented?

Any therapist worth a damn would tell you how unhealthy and unproductive this is! Those that have been here posting their hate for this company for years is not venting, they are wallowing. You continue to live the misery day in and day out. And for what purpose? You feel better? You won't feel better til you make it a distant memory and move on with your life.

Until then, attack me all you want. I enjoy what I do. I will continue to do it until I am no longer wanted or until I don't have a place to do it. I will continue to provide to those above me my opinions and suggestions. However, I don't own the company. I just work for it. In the end, I am paid not to do what I think should be done but for what I am asked to get done. If I ever decide I can't emotionally, ethically, or morally do the job, I will move on to something else. In the mean time, I'll just be the blind idiot who chooses in his life to look for what is right rather than always looking for what is wrong.

Things are neither good nor bad. Thinking makes them so. I am sure there are a lot of homeless and jobless people in this world that would gladly switch their misery for the unconceivalbe misery of working at Blockbuster.
To me it seems like you've completely missed the point of this website, this community, and the common bond we share -- that at many times transcends Blockbuster. If you don't get it, quite honestly you shouldn't comment on it.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread April 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post

I am not an idiot and neither is anyone else, we all can have our point of view, if I dont like something thats said I know how to respectfully say why and so do alot of other people on here.
Unread April 25th, 2011, 09:18 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
To me it seems like you've completely missed the point of this website, this community, and the common bond we share -- that at many times transcends Blockbuster. If you don't get it, quite honestly you shouldn't comment on it.
Not everyone shares the same opinions, or even the same bond, and he has his opinion as well, so he is free to comment, as am I.

Needless to say, I understand what everyone is saying, but even remotely mentioning how u want blockbuster to go down, etc..is in essence wishing the people who work for it, (the good employees atleast), out of a job.

Sadly, KAw is the only one...the rest have valid points.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread April 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Not everyone shares the same opinions, or even the same bond, and he has his opinion as well, so he is free to comment, as am I.

Needless to say, I understand what everyone is saying, but even remotely mentioning how u want blockbuster to go down, etc..is in essence wishing the people who work for it, (the good employees atleast), out of a job.

Sadly, KAw is the only one...the rest have valid points.
The thing is the name calling needs to stop, we can all share our view with respect. We can all be mature about our opinion about blockbuster, its a hot topic right now, I am very proud Ive been with this company almost 8 yrs but I also see its flaws and hope if it does stick around that it changes for the better, and the people who say they think Blockbuster should blow up into the atmosphere arent referring to anyone that works for the company, there talking about the way in which the company as a whole has ignored things that have happened because no one was paying attention
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Breathe 09 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (April 26th, 2011)
Unread April 25th, 2011, 09:30 PM

I'm gonna go against the grain and tell the customers the TRUTH...... so I'll probably be another EXemployee