I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 6th, 2011, 06:45 AM

It has been 18 days since I was laid off and I miss my store, staff and customers terribly. However while visiting with my daughter I decided to rent a movie. We tried 2 local BBV in the Lexington area and neither had the movie we wanted reluctantly I sidled up to the RedBox outside the local grocery store. This was my first time and I have to say it was very user friendly I was able to pick the movie we wanted and it was in at check out I was offered another movie 1/2 price! Well yes who does not want a movie for .50c. So I walked away with 2 brand new releases for $1.59, muttering to myself that it was no wonder I did not have a job. And as I don't have a job the prices cannot be beaten.
Dish is going to have to come up with something spectacular to keep the doors open. Im afraid the opportunity has been missed and sadly BBV will be going the way of the dinosaur.
http://www.theonion.com/video/histor...f-how-m,14233/
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spohiesmom2008 For This Useful Post:
DeDampkring (May 6th, 2011), Glass Half Empty (May 6th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (May 9th, 2011), johnlow71 (May 6th, 2011), muthaflippin (May 6th, 2011), Ninja (May 6th, 2011), prettyinpink (May 6th, 2011)
Unread May 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM

Dear Dish,

I'm sitting here watching TV through Dish, just killing time before going in to work this afternoon, and I have to say, if I see one more promo for Dish On Demand advertising The Green Hornet and The Dilemma, I think I'm gonna lose it.

Do you have any idea how many of our loyal customers have walked out of our stores empty-handed for the past two weeks? People who have visited us for years...Gold Members, Pass customers, patrons who have continued to give us business through every term change and test market, are telling me and my employees that if we don't have next week's releases in store ON TIME next Tuesday, they're taking their business elsewhere. At this point, I can't say I blame them. Why pay $29.99 for a pass when there's nothing new to rent?

I really hope you can be honest and upfront with us as to what your plans are. We've been slowly bleeding customers for a long time now, and if we continue to mislead our customers into believing we'll have new movies for them, that slow bleed is going to turn into a hemorrhage. I mean, we have signs on our windows advertising the "newest releases"...how much more misleading does it get?

Please tell me what I'm supposed to tell my customers this weekend, just so long as it isn't telling them to subscribe to Dish where they can watch the newest releases instantly.

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NowImNothing For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (May 10th, 2011), underemployed (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
Honestly, to me it's just a societal trend. It may not happen today, or tomorrow, but it will happen. Everything is moving as technology advances. DVDs are going to go the way of checks. We have credit cards and internet banking now and stubborn people are still killing trees just so they can write their amounts on wasteful little pieces of paper and waste more paper maintaining checkbooks unnecessarily. DVDs are the same, such a waste of raw material. If people weren't so stubborn and resistant to positive change Blockbuster would have died a decade ago. The same way people ridiculously cling to checks and checkbooks...
Uh, I'd much rather have a physical check made of recycled paper than have my cash go immediately into a bank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

...just sayin'. There are worse things than the use of paper.
Unread May 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spohiesmom2008 View Post
I've seen the video before but it never fails to crack me up. I love the Onion. And the funniest aspect is that video came out like a year or two ago. How very prescient ... Kawliga would be proud.
Unread May 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM

You all understand they will close the stores. They need employees to stay at the stores until they can get them closed so that the invetories to go missing, and the landlords dont padlock the doors. They still have the courts protection against collection until july. They will sell off the stores (or at least most of them). Dont wait until it is to late. They are just using you.
Unread May 6th, 2011, 08:16 PM

So just to let you guys know that you should go stealth again as Dish is updating the internet policy to attempt to prevent you from posting information about Blockbuster...Under federal law you have the right to do this, but like many other companies I believe they will try to enforce this policy one way or the other...

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
angrYbird (May 9th, 2011), Big Dog (May 7th, 2011), djblade (May 6th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (May 9th, 2011), Hot Head (May 7th, 2011), Just Breathe 09 (May 7th, 2011)
Unread May 6th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
So just to let you guys know that you should go stealth again as Dish is updating the internet policy to attempt to prevent you from posting information about Blockbuster...Under federal law you have the right to do this, but like many other companies I believe they will try to enforce this policy one way or the other...
Sadly we're only trying to help... how dare us.
Unread May 7th, 2011, 04:09 AM
IHBB GOD

FUCK DISH people will post regardless. You guys should delete your posts on this introduction

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 7th, 2011, 05:21 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
I'm pretty sure anyone that cares that much about anonymity has been careful not to say too much about themselves. Anyone who has posted personal info has done so either after being fired or when they were about to quit or be fired and no longer gave a rat's ass.
Unread May 7th, 2011, 05:40 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
I'm pretty sure anyone that cares that much about anonymity has been careful not to say too much about themselves. Anyone who has posted personal info has done so either after being fired or when they were about to quit or be fired and no longer gave a rat's ass.
Yes true but you never know. I have negative respect for dish now, instead of no respect.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 8th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (May 7th, 2011)