I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 15th, 2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderOfShifts View Post
Think of all the people who have ever flipped out about a $1.25 restocking fee, a $1 "ADR", $9.99 for a movie that they swear they returned but magically can't be found anywhere in the store (even after multiple inventories), or any other minor inconvenience that can occur at a Blockbuster.

This is the customer base of Netflix. If you've read the fine print, the new pricing isn't really that bad (If you don't mind dealing with the random assortment of crap they have available to stream...) but seeing "Prices raised 60%" (even if it won't apply to them) makes people act indignant and irrationally. Even if they don't decide to come back to Blockbuster, one less customer is still one less customer. I'm interested to see how many subscribers are left after September 1st when this goes into effect, or if Netflix might cave to all the negativity.
you're an idiot. The biggest customer base of Netflix is people who are tech-smart, smart enough to find the best deal on stuff and who want unlimited streaming. There is a reason netflix streaming is a major part of internet traffic now.
Unread July 15th, 2011, 10:53 AM

I agree,

People that where netflix customers or still are don't want to go to a store, There just pure lazy and good lazy shoppers. I hate to say it but rental media is almost dead it's all going digital. More & more stores are selling tv's and other equipment that people can buy with so many different digital rental options that make it easier then driving to a store.

Even older people that don't have the latest tech want digital media there too lazy to put in a dvd or blu ray.

dvd,blu ray Media will never be replace by digital content when it comes to buying a movie but when renting it no one cares it's a one time watch so digital is the way to go.

People say there going to cancel netflix and some might but I doubt all of the people claiming to cancel will. I think netflix is trying to kill the dvd rental service off and use that extra postage money and mailer material to fund more content. Only time will tell

Blockbuster better offer streaming service like netflix and not call it on demand. Other wise it will be dead in no time. Too many company's are offering better and cheaper options then Blockbuster.
Unread July 15th, 2011, 12:29 PM

If Blockbuster were to introduce flat rate on demand streaming to their services, they could have a golden opportunity right now.
Unread July 15th, 2011, 12:32 PM
IHBB GOD

Source Code is on On demand before its DVD release. That's weird? Studios beta testing something here? A new attack on Netflix's streaming?

http://www.blockbuster.com/download
Unread July 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Source Code is on On demand before its DVD release. That's weird? Studios beta testing something here? A new attack on Netflix's streaming?

http://www.blockbuster.com/download
Sony movie store is offering this also not just Blockbusters but there testing something.

I have seen movies on the Playstation store that are available for rent before there even released or blockbuster got a hold of them. I always wonder how sony got away with it. I guess blockbuster found away to do what Sony has been doing for awhile
Unread July 16th, 2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
you're an idiot. The biggest customer base of Netflix is people who are tech-smart, smart enough to find the best deal on stuff and who want unlimited streaming. There is a reason netflix streaming is a major part of internet traffic now.
You pay a monthly fee for a mediocre selection of outdated movies, but I'm the idiot? Right...
Unread July 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM

actually, I pay $9.99 a month so that my daughter can watch Dora, Gabba, Backyardigans and a host of other shows whenever she wants. I love tv shows and have no time to watch them so I get to watch them when it's convenient for me. I'm not lazy, I rent from Redbox and that's far more movement intensive than Blockbuster ever was assuming I don't want to pay more than the initial $1 rental fee.

Do I wish they had more newer movies on streaming? Obviously. Am I willing to wait until movies are available at Redbox and quit getting the DVD in the mail from Netflix? Absolutely. I'll be dropping the DVD portion and sticking with streaming. At $7.99 a month and an occasional rental from Redbox at $1 a pop (seeing as the current crop of "New Release" offerings is shitty at best), I'm more than happy to stay with that plan.

Also, because we're watching every penny, I literally cannot *afford* to pay $15.98 a month on the off chance I'll actually want to watch the shitty New Releases that are coming out. Yet another reason to drop the DVD portion and switch to $7.99 a month. Netflix is actually saving me $2.00 and that's probably about how many New Released I'll watch in a month.
Unread July 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
You pay a monthly fee for a mediocre selection of outdated movies, but I'm the idiot? Right...

thank you for informing us all Mr. Keyes.
Unread July 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Don't forget to add that you don't have to worry about your older movie being scratched like almost every movie in the BSI section at Blockbuster. Kids movies are the worse. Netflix is still golden in some ways
Unread July 18th, 2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
....for a mediocre selection of outdated movies...
Sounds like a Blockbuster store earlier this summer.