I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 1st, 2011, 03:19 AM
IHBB GOD

message of the week

Can someone post the new message of the week for next week or one from last week or tell me what it said as I get a kick out of them

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread July 1st, 2011, 03:47 AM

Do these still exist without Dunlap and Keyes?

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 1st, 2011)
Unread July 1st, 2011, 07:05 AM

Smile

Yes, I haven't watched this weeks but I commented on here about the last one. Some guy named Jeff G-can't remember last name-is doing them. The last one has him trying to explain why we're doing the June free rent program and basically sugar coating everything about why we didn't get movies on time and how that's all over but it's not because we still aren't getting some pre-streets until Mondays. He had the hilarious moment when he said "Customers have been asking if your store is closing and you can tell them No,...not today." The Ticket has turned out to be a joke-BBV version of trying to suck it's own dick. Let's highlight all the super awesome West Coast employees with a picture and a blurb for why their so above and beyond and maybe everyone else won't notice we haven't had a raise in 4 years and job security is zilch-wow, 1 guy popped popcorn for a customer to take home because his microwave was broken??? And another csr talked a family-I mean helped-buy 2 $5 bundles before a birthday sleepover ???? It took a frickin tornando to even get a East Coast store mentioned! Before someone posts-No, I'm not jealous -BBV is my job, being a wife and mother is my career and No, HH, I am not now or have ever received any government assistance because I have kids.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (July 1st, 2011), inkedangel (July 1st, 2011), muthaflippin (July 2nd, 2011), Ninja (July 1st, 2011), omg_bbv (July 4th, 2011), PickleBundle (July 1st, 2011), underemployed (July 3rd, 2011), wowurrcool (July 2nd, 2011), zooworker (July 1st, 2011)
Unread July 1st, 2011, 10:15 PM

The Ticket did make me laugh. "Carl from Oakland, California saw a family in dire need of help at his store recently. It was 'Family Movie Night' at the Wilson family household so they had come to Carl's store to get some movies for their evening, and Carl saw that little Susie was having a hard time determining which candy product to get. Carl not only helped Susie decide which candy to get, but he also drove to the Wilson family home after his shift was over to have a look at and see if he could repair the family's secondary DVD player, since Mr. Wilson had mentioned to Carl at the register that the last few movies that he had rented from Blockbuster had skipped when they were attempted to be played on that player. Way to go, Carl!".
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBundle For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (July 2nd, 2011)
Unread July 1st, 2011, 11:02 PM

I wish the Ticket was around about 5 years ago. Maybe I could have gotten mentioned for the one time when 2 uh.... ladies started a brawl in my store over who was first in line. It went something like this: "Bitch, you was checking out the milk duds when I came up, ain't my fault you wasn't payin attention!" Response, "Better shut your mouth you skanky hoe afore I come ova and kick your ass! I was here LONG before your ass!" Proceed to spittle spraying from faces being 2 inches apart, finger pointing, and then on to the shoving. I then planted myself between them, got some leverage (They REALLY wanted at each other), and just said, "Hey, we've got more than one register open, so we can solve this problem by checking you both out right now QUIETLY or you can just step outside and mess each other up. I don't really care which but you WILL be doing one or the other right now." They shut up, checked out quietly.... then went to their cars in the parking lot, saw each other and....... GAME ON. Fight lasted about 3 minutes before the police got there. Suck on that Carl from Oakland!
Unread July 2nd, 2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleBundle View Post
The Ticket did make me laugh. "Carl from Oakland, California saw a family in dire need of help at his store recently. It was 'Family Movie Night' at the Wilson family household so they had come to Carl's store to get some movies for their evening, and Carl saw that little Susie was having a hard time determining which candy product to get. Carl not only helped Susie decide which candy to get, but he also drove to the Wilson family home after his shift was over to have a look at and see if he could repair the family's secondary DVD player, since Mr. Wilson had mentioned to Carl at the register that the last few movies that he had rented from Blockbuster had skipped when they were attempted to be played on that player. Way to go, Carl!".
The Wilson Family was later found massacred in their home, the family car and dvd player
suspiciously missing. Carl was questioned but never convicted.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to muthaflippin For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (July 2nd, 2011), Baby Firefly (July 2nd, 2011), Darkfall28 (July 2nd, 2011), Fuzzy (July 2nd, 2011), Glass Half Empty (July 2nd, 2011), itirnitii (July 2nd, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (July 2nd, 2011), KateOTomato (July 2nd, 2011), MaximusX7 (July 2nd, 2011), PickleBundle (July 2nd, 2011), underemployed (July 3rd, 2011), Veruka_Salt (July 2nd, 2011)
Unread July 2nd, 2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthaflippin View Post
The Wilson Family was later found massacred in their home, the family car and dvd player
suspiciously missing. Carl was questioned but never convicted.
And has since been promoted to DM. Way to go, Carl!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lucky me For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 2nd, 2011), Glass Half Empty (July 2nd, 2011), itirnitii (July 2nd, 2011), KateOTomato (July 2nd, 2011), muthaflippin (July 2nd, 2011), PickleBundle (July 2nd, 2011)
Unread July 2nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleBundle View Post
Carl tied up the family, stole all the valuables and gave everything to his overlord, the Dish Network. This procedure, now called "The Carl Method," is now in place at every Blockbuster and will be used to weed out employees that do not comply.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (July 2nd, 2011), Gonzo (July 4th, 2011), inkedangel (July 2nd, 2011), itirnitii (July 2nd, 2011), KateOTomato (July 2nd, 2011), MaximusX7 (July 2nd, 2011), muthaflippin (July 2nd, 2011), PickleBundle (July 2nd, 2011)
Unread July 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
IHBB Freak

Damn, Mutha and Orbit -- I was about the same joke. LOL
Unread July 2nd, 2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfall28 View Post
I wish the Ticket was around about 5 years ago. Maybe I could have gotten mentioned for the one time when 2 uh.... ladies started a brawl in my store over who was first in line. It went something like this: "Bitch, you was checking out the milk duds when I came up, ain't my fault you wasn't payin attention!" Response, "Better shut your mouth you skanky hoe afore I come ova and kick your ass! I was here LONG before your ass!" Proceed to spittle spraying from faces being 2 inches apart, finger pointing, and then on to the shoving. I then planted myself between them, got some leverage (They REALLY wanted at each other), and just said, "Hey, we've got more than one register open, so we can solve this problem by checking you both out right now QUIETLY or you can just step outside and mess each other up. I don't really care which but you WILL be doing one or the other right now." They shut up, checked out quietly.... then went to their cars in the parking lot, saw each other and....... GAME ON. Fight lasted about 3 minutes before the police got there. Suck on that Carl from Oakland!
My district deserves mention! We only had customers try to pee in the store on the floor and when chased out they were caught by the cops peeing on the building, a csr who clocked out while whipping off his shirt threatening to kick the customers ass out in the parking lot-said customer ran out of the store, and we had a huge confrontation with white trash biker wannabees picking on a same sex couple in front of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Darkfall28 (July 2nd, 2011)