I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 23rd, 2006, 05:53 PM

Refunds/Exchanges

I got bit of a question for BB employees. When i first started with the company and for as long as i can remember the upper management has told me that we do NOT give cash refunds for trade/prp product. They can exchange for another copy of that movie or game unless we dont not have any then they can get something else. Now here is my problem i've come into this situation a few times esp. recently the customers will see the Return Policy board where it clearly states all used products can be refunded for full amount of payment within 7 days with receipt. Now which one is true? Do we just have the wrong return policy posted at the store? or are my high ups just idoits?
Unread October 23rd, 2006, 06:26 PM

As I understand the UK policy BBI do not want us to ever offer a cash refund on PV/Trade products, but if the item is faulty then we kind of can't refuse. Generally though it's an exchange for another copy of the same title since that is the title the customer wanted to buy in the first place. If we don't have another copy then most customers are happy to look for another item, but there's no way that I, nor anyone I know, will force them to take something they don't want after they have already paid us money for defective goods.

The exception is, of course, multi buy offers. In this instance a customer will either have to choose something else from the offer, or else return ALL of the purchased goods for their refund.

Generally with BBI though you have to make up your own rules, or at least follow the rules of your individual SM, since the higher ups in this company don't really know what rules they have implemented anyway.
Unread October 23rd, 2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adornedatom View Post

Generally with BBI though you have to make up your own rules, or at least follow the rules of your individual SM, since the higher ups in this company don't really know what rules they have implemented anyway.
thanks.....i definately agree with the higher ups not knowing what the hell is going on haha
Unread October 23rd, 2006, 06:48 PM
IHBB GOD

The no refund is more bluff than fact, the board does state that we will refund it.99% of the time bluff works, but you really need to use you discretion.
The top Poster!
Unread October 23rd, 2006, 07:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripGRUSH View Post
I got bit of a question for BB employees. When i first started with the company and for as long as i can remember the upper management has told me that we do NOT give cash refunds for trade/prp product. They can exchange for another copy of that movie or game unless we dont not have any then they can get something else. Now here is my problem i've come into this situation a few times esp. recently the customers will see the Return Policy board where it clearly states all used products can be refunded for full amount of payment within 7 days with receipt. Now which one is true? Do we just have the wrong return policy posted at the store? or are my high ups just idoits?
The policy states that retail items in an unopened state may be returned for a full refund in the manner they were paid for. That means, if it's paid for with cash, you can refund it as cash or credit (credit or credit card) but obviously not if it was paid with a giftcard.

The policy states that previously viewed items may be exchanged if they are defective, or if they are mislabeled, in exchange for another copy of the same item.

I can't exactly remember the wording, but there is a comma in the sentence explaining the return policy, which, if interpreted one way, basically rules out the possibility of getting a cash refund.

It prevents people from claiming an item is defective when it isn't.

Trust me - read it, and pay attention to that comma, as it makes a world of difference.
Unread October 23rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Like Zoo said, it's more of a bluff than anything. I've very seldom been in a situation where I absolutely have to give a cash refund, though. But, like you said, sometimes you don't really have much of a choice. We had little posters up a while back promoting the PPG that said "Plays like New or your money back!" yet we're told by the guys upstairs to never do cash refunds. I'm sorry, but if a customer points out something that blatantly says they can have a cash refund if its defective, we don't have much of a choice there.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread October 23rd, 2006, 09:16 PM
IHBB GOD

if someone bitches enough i will just do the refund. most of the time i have about a million other things to do that fight over a piece of 7.99 prp.
Unread October 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
if someone bitches enough i will just do the refund. most of the time i have about a million other things to do that fight over a piece of 7.99 prp.
I once did the biggest no-no of all.....I REFUNDED FOR A RENTAL!

Reason being, the guy had just rented it, walked outside and got in his car, walked back inside and said he didn't realize his wife had it at home already with BBO. I offered to let him pick out a different movie but he said he was in a huge hurry (and seemed nice enough about it) so hell, I just refunded him back his 4.64. Mistakes happen, we're only human.

Now, when someone comes in more than two hours later saying that shit, fuck you.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread October 24th, 2006, 11:10 AM

Sometimes it feels like the return policy on PRP is always irrelevant, case IE:

Day 1: Idiot buys Date Movie, thinking it's gotta be good, at $12.99.
Day 3: Idiot returns and tries to get something else. I tell him no, I can only give him another copy if it doesn't play.
Day 4: Idior returns and insists on a refund. My SL co-worker refuses, and I follow up when he tries it on me and I refuse him also.
Day 6: Call from DL = give him the damn refund.
Day 7: I wonder why we even have a return policy if everytime somebody bitches to corporate results in permission to break policy and be ripped off.
Unread October 24th, 2006, 01:09 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
I once did the biggest no-no of all.....I REFUNDED FOR A RENTAL!

Reason being, the guy had just rented it, walked outside and got in his car, walked back inside and said he didn't realize his wife had it at home already with BBO. I offered to let him pick out a different movie but he said he was in a huge hurry (and seemed nice enough about it) so hell, I just refunded him back his 4.64. Mistakes happen, we're only human.

Now, when someone comes in more than two hours later saying that shit, fuck you.
Whats wrong with refunding a rental. Although not your stated situation, if someone rents a title that is faulty, surely they are intitled to their money back in the US, not just a credit?

Gone!