I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM

Customer Surveys - New Urgency?

I know customer service is incredibly important - and it should be. And I know that the survey process is horribly flawed (someone receiving all 4's gets 0%). But is there suddenly a reason for a rabid desire for 100% surveys, or is my district the only one?

Checking box office, and there is an action to do regarding surveys:

"RESEARCH CUSTOMER NAME AND FIND OUT WHICH EMPLOYEE CHECKED OUT CUSTOMER AND/OR MOD ON SHIFT. YOU MAY FIND A PATTERN IN YOUR STORE BASED ON CSR'S OR MOD'S WORKING. CCTV SHOULD BE WATCHED ON SHIFTS THAT RECEIVE LOW SCORES TO ENSURE THE RIGHT BEHAVIORS ARE IN PLACE. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE EACH EMPLOYEE PICK UP THE STAPLER TO ATTACH THE SURVEY CARD TO EACH TRANSCATION."

On top of that, there are three boxes to write comments:

"For each survey under 100% on the Top 3 questions, list the employee who checked out the customer and the MOD on shift. Example: Response 7603471 Checkout: John MOD: Betty

For each response, convey your finding from the CCTV. Ex: Response 7603215 CSR John was standing at the counter waiting for customers, not performing the BB Way. Survey was not being stapled to receipt. MOD Betty was working on a project on the floor.

What action will be taken as a result of the findings? Fax to me any corrective action."

... Really? Someone should get a corrective action because some random customer didn't give 3 5's? They felt one thing was a 4? Are you kidding me? I could see if there were 1s and 2s - one report had that - but...

Seriously?

Excuse me guys, brb, checkin' tapes.
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 08:28 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme83yo View Post
I know customer service is incredibly important - and it should be. And I know that the survey process is horribly flawed (someone receiving all 4's gets 0%). But is there suddenly a reason for a rabid desire for 100% surveys, or is my district the only one?

Checking box office, and there is an action to do regarding surveys:

"RESEARCH CUSTOMER NAME AND FIND OUT WHICH EMPLOYEE CHECKED OUT CUSTOMER AND/OR MOD ON SHIFT. YOU MAY FIND A PATTERN IN YOUR STORE BASED ON CSR'S OR MOD'S WORKING. CCTV SHOULD BE WATCHED ON SHIFTS THAT RECEIVE LOW SCORES TO ENSURE THE RIGHT BEHAVIORS ARE IN PLACE. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE EACH EMPLOYEE PICK UP THE STAPLER TO ATTACH THE SURVEY CARD TO EACH TRANSCATION."

On top of that, there are three boxes to write comments:

"For each survey under 100% on the Top 3 questions, list the employee who checked out the customer and the MOD on shift. Example: Response 7603471 Checkout: John MOD: Betty

For each response, convey your finding from the CCTV. Ex: Response 7603215 CSR John was standing at the counter waiting for customers, not performing the BB Way. Survey was not being stapled to receipt. MOD Betty was working on a project on the floor.

What action will be taken as a result of the findings? Fax to me any corrective action."

... Really? Someone should get a corrective action because some random customer didn't give 3 5's? They felt one thing was a 4? Are you kidding me? I could see if there were 1s and 2s - one report had that - but...

Seriously?

Excuse me guys, brb, checkin' tapes.
That's rediculous on so many levels

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 3rd, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (May 2nd, 2011)
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
IHBB Freak

I didn't know the CCTVs and recorders even worked. I don't think they've bought new VHS tapes since 2007. LOL

Anywho, how is standing at the counter waiting to check out somebody not the BB way? If there are no tasks to be run, movies to check in and run or, hell, even customers in the store, then what are we to do? Run the vacuum cleaner?
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
IHBB GOD

You can be behind the counter, just has long as you later on go and talk to that customer.

Your DM is just making up stuff just to get surveys lol.
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM

This is where I have a problem with Blockbuster management on the DM & RDO level. I am assuming this was sent to the entire district and not your individual store. Why should this be a requirement of a store who consistently has good numbers? Why punish the good stores for the behaviors of a few?

I actually have no problem with this being asked of a store consistently receiving poor survey results. The statement you quoted states you are looking for a pattern of behavior that does not support the Blockbuster way and behaviors that may be leading to poor scores. I don't see anywhere your DM asking you to write people up for a score less than 100%. I only see your DM asking you to look for people not doing their job and for them to be disciplined accordingly.

However, too often these type of things are required of all stores, regardless of performance. With districts as large as they are these days, I doubt the DM will even fully analyze these results when there are so many to go through which makes the task a waste of time.

A perfect recent example of this occured last week. Every week I have to complete a Box Office task about TC shrink. For the last several weeks, I have had a large positive amount from a transfer that I received from a closing store that for some reason the system never recognized as being sent. For the the previous 3 or 4 weeks, I had stated in the Box Office task this information. Then this past Friday, my DM decided to go through TC shrink totals on our conference call. When he got to mine he questioned me about it. I so badly wanted to just say, "Don't you already know the answer since I've told you the same thing the last 3 or 4 weeks in your Box Office task or do you just waste my time with that task and not even review what I submit?"

My point is mass management does not work. Manage the stores on a store by store basis. Don't punish the masses for the mistakes of just a few.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBStoreMgr112233 For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (May 2nd, 2011), justme83yo (May 2nd, 2011)
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 09:03 AM

[quote=Veruka_Salt;347700]I didn't know the CCTVs and recorders even worked. I don't think they've bought new VHS tapes since 2007. LOL

Anywho, how is standing at the counter waiting to check out somebody not the BB way? If there are no tasks to be run, movies to check in and run or, hell, even customers in the store, then what are we to do? Run the vacuum cleaner?[/QUOTE
We have a "fake" camera in one section of my store- the one part that needs cameras because you can't see anything that goes on if your behind the counter. Guess where all of our theft happens..........
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
This is where I have a problem with Blockbuster management on the DM & RDO level. I am assuming this was sent to the entire district and not your individual store. Why should this be a requirement of a store who consistently has good numbers? Why punish the good stores for the behaviors of a few?

I actually have no problem with this being asked of a store consistently receiving poor survey results. The statement you quoted states you are looking for a pattern of behavior that does not support the Blockbuster way and behaviors that may be leading to poor scores. I don't see anywhere your DM asking you to write people up for a score less than 100%. I only see your DM asking you to look for people not doing their job and for them to be disciplined accordingly.

However, too often these type of things are required of all stores, regardless of performance. With districts as large as they are these days, I doubt the DM will even fully analyze these results when there are so many to go through which makes the task a waste of time.

A perfect recent example of this occured last week. Every week I have to complete a Box Office task about TC shrink. For the last several weeks, I have had a large positive amount from a transfer that I received from a closing store that for some reason the system never recognized as being sent. For the the previous 3 or 4 weeks, I had stated in the Box Office task this information. Then this past Friday, my DM decided to go through TC shrink totals on our conference call. When he got to mine he questioned me about it. I so badly wanted to just say, "Don't you already know the answer since I've told you the same thing the last 3 or 4 weeks in your Box Office task or do you just waste my time with that task and not even review what I submit?"

My point is mass management does not work. Manage the stores on a store by store basis. Don't punish the masses for the mistakes of just a few.
I agree with you - and this is upsetting me because we're a store that almost always gets 100s. We go out of our way to make sure the customer is happy. Last week we had a report to "investigate" because once, just once, we got 2 5s and 1 3. Yeah...

And this doesn't help that some customers, as seen on comments, are sometimes rating the company and not the store. We're the face of Blockbuster, and so they're going to rate all of Blockbuster. Some people may love the store, and the employees, and what we try to do, but hate the pressure of sales, hate the late fees, hate the low copy depth - things outside of our control, yet we're the ones who not only hear it from the customer end, but from middle-management!

But what "infuriates" me is all the positive stories not being mentioned. It is ONLY the problems that is addressed. Why not investigate all the MODs or CSRs that are always 100 and ask "What are you doing so GREAT that people love you? How are you doing so GOOD?"

Nothing. If you do bad, you're called out. If you do good, middle, great, whatever - nothing. Nothing at all.

Loyalty, I hardly knew thee.
The Following User Says Thank You to justme83yo For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (May 3rd, 2011)
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
[
We have a "fake" camera in one section of my store- the one part that needs cameras because you can't see anything that goes on if your behind the counter. Guess where all of our theft happens..........
Do you think the employees know about it being fake? Might make you wonder...
The top Poster!
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM

It's stuff like this that makes me glad to not work at Blockbuster anymore.
Unread May 2nd, 2011, 11:54 AM

In my district we are being told that we HAVE to tell customers to give us 5's on the first 3 questions and the rest of the survey they can answer how they please.

Is this happening in any other district?

This just blows my mind because I thought the purpose of customer service surveys were to give honest feedback and how we are doing and what we can do to improve. How is that going to happen if we are forced to tell them to give us 5's and the customer doesn't feel we deserve 5's?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chargersgirlyfan For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 3rd, 2011), Big Dog (May 3rd, 2011)