I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 22nd, 2011, 03:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowImNothing View Post
Even better! I'm all for a good deal as long as it can't be easily abused (my customers will always try to find a loophole). That actually is kind of exciting, especially if they advertise it as a way to get people back into the stores for Memorial Weekend.
This sounds straight from a Blockbuster hand book. They were speaking in tandum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
What I mean is that no one will want them, you will have to destroy them.

Hey Hothead, you may want to take a break and re-read some of this thread. I don't see what you are seeing from this poster. It seems to me he's just still pro-BBV, not corporate mole.
The post above is what set me off. Its like coaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
Thanks Abandoned, am just a manager. Figure some people might want a heads up in some changes coming up.
Why aren't any other sm's posting about this?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 04:20 AM

Good question, i was informed during an emergency call by our DM. when i called a Sm from another district he had no idea about the changes coming up, so maybe most will know by Monday or Tuesday, when regular conference calls take place.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 05:05 AM

So what about all the three day stickers with prices on every DVD and Blu-ray in the store. l guess they all have to come off.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 05:11 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
The poster that set you off and the guy you were being snarky to are not the same person...?
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 05:35 AM

We were told things are happening yesterday, but our DM would not reveal what exactly. I love that I learn things here before I hear anything at our store.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme83yo View Post
We were told things are happening yesterday, but our DM would not reveal what exactly. I love that I learn things here before I hear anything at our store.
We haven't been told anything other than Terms Change-cause on next weeks schedule it has 4 people working Thursday night with the notation stickering written at the bottom.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
This sounds straight from a Blockbuster hand book. They were speaking in tandum.

The post above is what set me off. Its like coaching.

Why aren't any other sm's posting about this?
I for one am just a lowly store employee. If you go back and read my other posts on this site you'll see that not only am I just as pissed off at Blockbuster/Dish as most of the other employees on this site, but you'll also see that my excitement about a term change that might actually bring customers back into the store is the first remotely positive thing I've said since I started posting.

As far as why no one else is posting info, we didn't hear anything until our DM sent us a note in box office last night and all it said was that there may or may not be a term change coming next week but that we wouldn't know more until after our DM's regional conference call on Monday. I'll bet other DMs are being just as discreet and not all of them are sharing as much as the OP's DM.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 07:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
The poster that set you off and the guy you were being snarky to are not the same person...?
Correct lol

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 22nd, 2011, 07:01 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowImNothing View Post
I for one am just a lowly store employee. If you go back and read my other posts on this site you'll see that not only am I just as pissed off at Blockbuster/Dish as most of the other employees on this site, but you'll also see that my excitement about a term change that might actually bring customers back into the store is the first remotely positive thing I've said since I started posting.

As far as why no one else is posting info, we didn't hear anything until our DM sent us a note in box office last night and all it said was that there may or may not be a term change coming next week but that we wouldn't know more until after our DM's regional conference call on Monday. I'll bet other DMs are being just as discreet and not all of them are sharing as much as the OP's DM.
I did there wasn't enouph posts to really get a firm belief that is what you thought.

Unread May 22nd, 2011, 08:13 AM

$3 when Redbox is $1? Great move!