I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread January 21st, 2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreKeith View Post
Well, either

1) You're in the store a lot and would benefit from a progarm that would save you money
or
2) You're not in the store a lot, and therefore don't have to hear about it often
Like I stated above, I have my reasons for choosing Netflix over Blockbuster Total Access.
But for the record, I'm in the store a couple times a week, and I'm already saving money with the Rewards. That's fine enough for me, thank you.
Unread January 21st, 2007, 11:29 PM

I've got to laugh about this. Here we are off the clock, relaxing and reading a message board and we're STILL trying to get people to sign up for Total Access. Really, I don't think anyone can know how bad the pressure is unless you work for the company. My stores manager had to go to the hospital and get surgery from a stress related illness.

Anyways, welcome to the board ThomsonAutomatic, we hope you enjoy your stay and join us in b*tching about the wonderful world of Blockbuster and the dumb@sses that run it from the corporate office.
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 06:12 AM

yea, if only more customers were as understanding as you, but most are just " damnit quit offering me shit" To which I wanna say, " well I will Quit offering Shit to you if you are willing to pay my bills, car payment, insurance, put food on my table, and such for me losing my job for not doing my job."

but I will go more than likely " I apologize we are just required to ask everyone if they wanna try these promotions"
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
I've got to laugh about this. Here we are off the clock, relaxing and reading a message board and we're STILL trying to get people to sign up for Total Access. Really, I don't think anyone can know how bad the pressure is unless you work for the company. My stores manager had to go to the hospital and get surgery from a stress related illness.

Anyways, welcome to the board ThomsonAutomatic, we hope you enjoy your stay and join us in b*tching about the wonderful world of Blockbuster and the dumb@sses that run it from the corporate office.
Yeah, I do feel bad for you guys, which is why I still rent at the store and I try to be polite as possible. And no offense to hardcore keith, but even though I said I chose Netflix over BBonline for certain (and good enough) reasons he still tried to make a selling point about Total Access. That's what I'm talking about in this thread.

But thank you! I enjoy going over the threads and reading about stories and what not.
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 08:28 AM
IHBB GOD

yes automatic, it does suck. i have my days were im just flat out tired of telling the same people over and over about a deal they dont want. ughhhh.
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAutomatic View Post
The constant bombardment of customers.

I know, I know, Blockbuster employees are technically in retail, but I don't think corporate realizes how annoying it is to customers. I sometimes HATE having to go into Blockbuster because I know I'll be annoyed to buy stuff I don't want.

Not all customers are aware of certain programs, that's fine, but stop ramming the onlines down my throat. I also just walked through a little maze of a line, which leads me through endless amounts of pop, candy and popcorn. I'm PREEETTY sure if I wanted something, I would've grabbed it already.

I'm sorry if I come across as rude, but I find being bombarded by employees to be rude. I know its not your fault guys, its corporate, but I'd love to see a statistic, no matter how small, of people who choose not to go to Blockbuster because they hate being annoyed.
By the way do hate buying a burger because they always offer you french fries? It's part of retail and ever business does it. Just say no thank you.
The top Poster!
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
By the way do hate buying a burger because they always offer you french fries? It's part of retail and ever business does it. Just say no thank you.
That's what I'm sayin'. Or stop renting there. Especially since you already rent elsewhere.
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
IHBB Freak

Or this guy can get a note on his account telling the clerk not to push any more crap.

marc
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
They don't continue to try and make you order fries once when you've said no. As I've stated before, I DO say no thank you. It's when I get the pitch rammed down my throat afterwards. Are you reading ANY of my responses?

And besides, I can't remember the last time a fast food place asked if I wanted fries with that.
Unread January 22nd, 2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreKeith View Post
That's what I'm sayin'. Or stop renting there. Especially since you already rent elsewhere.
Are you really telling customers that?
If it's as simple as the customers to say "No thank you" when they don't want something, it should be just as simple for certain employees to stop the sales pitch.