I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 8th, 2009, 08:21 PM
IHBB Freak

A Crazy Idea.

I can not take credit for it. But, Someone suggested that Blockbuster should do the Redbox Rental Pricing Structure. Just think about it. One Dollar a day.. for 20 Days and then movie is yours...Special rules would have to apply to T.V. series... Just keep it simple and black and white as possible. Yes, it is a lesser value for your lazy customers...Why punish those that would bring their movies back the next day? Think about it... $1.00 rentals would bring in customers to your stores.. where you can continue to expand on your electronics and video games and such..... Money is tight. $5.00 rentals are ridiculous.
Unread March 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
I can not take credit for it. But, Someone suggested that Blockbuster should do the Redbox Rental Pricing Structure. Just think about it. One Dollar a day.. for 20 Days and then movie is yours...Special rules would have to apply to T.V. series... Just keep it simple and black and white as possible. Yes, it is a lesser value for your lazy customers...Why punish those that would bring their movies back the next day? Think about it... $1.00 rentals would bring in customers to your stores.. where you can continue to expand on your electronics and video games and such..... Money is tight. $5.00 rentals are ridiculous.
I think yer a little late or a little misinformed. I havent worked there in almost 2 years and even i've paid attention enuf to not of missed out on this one.
Unread March 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
I think yer a little late or a little misinformed. I havent worked there in almost 2 years and even i've paid attention enuf to not of missed out on this one.
Gee, That's swell.
Unread March 8th, 2009, 08:46 PM
IHBB GOD

Thanks Wally
Unread March 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Thanks Wally
You're welcome Francis.

Last edited by ClutztomerControl; March 8th, 2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: durrrr
Unread March 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
You're welcome Francis.
anytime Malcolm
Unread March 8th, 2009, 08:54 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
anytime Malcolm
X or In the Middle?
Unread March 8th, 2009, 09:04 PM
IHBB GOD

No freaking way that would work lol. You have to be crazy. Its already hard enough to keep the popular movies in stock. People are lazy now days =( takes them like 2-3 weeks to brings a movie back
Unread March 9th, 2009, 01:45 AM

The thing to notice is here in the uk we charge £3.95 ($5.52) for 1 film for 1 night and then charge £2.00 ($2.80) for every night extra they keep it, which seems a lot compared to US pricing but yet we are one of the few retail stores making profit during a recession so we must be doing something right!
Unread March 9th, 2009, 05:54 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Redbox can do this because they don't have the overhead of rent, personnel, etc. I don't think that they would completely work for a brick and mortar, but I do something similar that pays the bills.