I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 3rd, 2008, 11:10 PM

FUCKING Thieves

I am sure most of you had your share of the once a week snatcher. But tonight this is lame. Day before July 4th and we are busy as fuck. The rest of my co workers were up at the front while I was around the store, putting movies back. In the Core, I found 9 new release movies pried open. Some asshat came in either while I was there or that morning. Cause last night I went through the core and new release wall cleaning and making everything straight. The funny thing since March this dude or dudes have gotten about over 600 bucks worth of movies. We have no security,The store only has 3 cameras not even watching the store and when we can least be on the floor we have to go back up for a customer. It gets annoying after a while, so what you guys do least try to limit these assholes taking shit
Unread July 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM

The best you can do is just walk around and make sure people know you're there.
But when it's busy, yeah there's not much you can do.
Nothing pisses me off more than shoplifting.
Who do you think you are that you don't have to follow the rules of society and pay for stuff you want like everyone else?
Normally they take the crap movies, but when our copy of Silence of the Lambs was stolen, it just really pissed me off.
Unread July 3rd, 2008, 11:30 PM

What gets me is one, we cant do anything bout it and two the more it happens. The more LP will blame us for it and they are suppose to come to our store next week. Lovely
Unread July 4th, 2008, 07:57 AM
IHBB GOD

WE ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENUFF IN MY STORE AND HAVE BUSTED 2 PPL FOR SURE, handcuffed in store and taken away. and others in the past.

we kinda started concentrating on a few customers we thought were the ones and finally busted them. 2 seperate thiefs at different times.

so after we kinda zeroed in on who we susspected we kinda have one of those short stools and you can sit on it at a certain area of store and has a great eye level view of all the customers waist areas.

sure enuff we saw them take stuff and called cops, they were they like that and what a great suprise on there face it was....
Unread July 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM

Good for you dude. Teach those bastards, we have some suspects that we look out for but when one of them is not there at the store for a period of time, it happens again and we have another added on the list. I was at a friend store and he is suffering the same thing, but he actually had cameras all over the place and still he gets hit with thieves. I just dont get their concept for this, its not worth the risk. If they get caught just stealing one movie, it can still be pety larceny.
Unread July 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
WE ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENUFF IN MY STORE AND HAVE BUSTED 2 PPL FOR SURE, handcuffed in store and taken away. and others in the past.

we kinda started concentrating on a few customers we thought were the ones and finally busted them. 2 seperate thiefs at different times.

so after we kinda zeroed in on who we susspected we kinda have one of those short stools and you can sit on it at a certain area of store and has a great eye level view of all the customers waist areas.

sure enuff we saw them take stuff and called cops, they were they like that and what a great suprise on there face it was....

I used to work in a mall, at a store that was known for "turning the other cheek" when it came to shoplifters. I was only a CSR, and I started busting people. You want to know what happened? The stores shrink went way down. Once a store gets a reputation as being easy to steal from, the thieves come in droves. If you start busting them, then the shrink goes down, because your place has become "to hard to steal from.". The trick is to be consistant.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread July 4th, 2008, 09:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
Good for you dude. Teach those bastards, we have some suspects that we look out for but when one of them is not there at the store for a period of time, it happens again and we have another added on the list. I was at a friend store and he is suffering the same thing, but he actually had cameras all over the place and still he gets hit with thieves. I just dont get their concept for this, its not worth the risk. If they get caught just stealing one movie, it can still be pety larceny.
i know over movies jeez, but you know deep down its actually a mental thing. just in it for the thrill of the steal
Unread July 4th, 2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
I used to work in a mall, at a store that was known for "turning the other cheek" when it came to shoplifters. I was only a CSR, and I started busting people. You want to know what happened? The stores shrink went way down. Once a store gets a reputation as being easy to steal from, the thieves come in droves. If you start busting them, then the shrink goes down, because your place has become "to hard to steal from.". The trick is to be consistant.
How can anyone be consistant in a BBV store? We cant always be out on the floor, especially on Friday or Saturday night.
The problem I think most stores have is the layout. Some of them are big, like ours and many of the core shelves block the view from the front. I have communicated concerns about this to my co workers and most are like... Eh we dont care, cant catch him. Its like a one man battle aganist the world now for me. I still dont get how quick these guys can be, you got least 30 seconds to do something before either an employee walks around the corner, or another customer sees you doing something. I even tried doing it once, it cant be done.

Even one time I caught a CSR putting movies back on the shelve with out the lock. That just asking for thieves to take shit from us.

Last edited by Flantanella; July 4th, 2008 at 09:30 AM.
Unread July 4th, 2008, 11:15 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
How can anyone be consistant in a BBV store? We cant always be out on the floor, especially on Friday or Saturday night.
The problem I think most stores have is the layout. Some of them are big, like ours and many of the core shelves block the view from the front. I have communicated concerns about this to my co workers and most are like... Eh we dont care, cant catch him. Its like a one man battle aganist the world now for me. I still dont get how quick these guys can be, you got least 30 seconds to do something before either an employee walks around the corner, or another customer sees you doing something. I even tried doing it once, it cant be done.

Even one time I caught a CSR putting movies back on the shelve with out the lock. That just asking for thieves to take shit from us.
I know what you mean. The store that I worked at that was in a mall, you could stand behind the counter and look down almost all the isles in the store due to the layout. My former DM used to get pissed because we had such high shrink, and virtually no blindspots. Then I started busting people, and things turned around. Now that I think about it, I was the only one busting people for the longest time. I once busted a 12 year old girl, and she was bawling (going for the sympthay (sp)). I didn't fall for it because I wanted her to learn her lesson, and called the sheriff. Turned out that her and her friend were going from store to store shoplifting. The Deputy made her and her friend walk the mall and return all the product that they lifted. My store wasn't the only one to press charges against her. I hope she did learn her lesson.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread July 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Being an IVR we use a heavy duty rental case from RedTag. In the last 5 years we have only had 2 or 3 cases busted into