I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 28th, 2010, 02:02 PM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

Actually if a store accepts stuff without a receipt, I'm sure it knows people return stuff they didn't buy there. My wife returned a gift CD this weekend to BB, and we got store credit. Am I a thief?

What if someone returns a iPod they got free (still sealed) for credit and buys food with that? Walmart probably makes out OK on that, as they took in a item with LOW profit margin and sold stuff with much HIGHER profit.

Now if asked, did you get this here and you LIE, then...But my wife said "This was a gift, here is my rewards # (We spend a lot) and they said no problem"
Unread June 28th, 2010, 02:18 PM
IHBB Freak

All retailers have some idea when something doesn't belong to them, but that's a huge matter of "The Customer Is Always Right." I'm all for excellent customer service, but common sense suggests the complete opposite of this corporate mantra you get from any retail environment. In a "Customer Is Always Right" mentality, most stores are effectively betting that eating it on some returns is worth keeping a customer (and more importantly, a customer's spending money) happy.

Granted, you're taking advantage of a loophole in the system, and it's impossible to close all loopholes. For survival? Maybe, but I define survival as just that-- take this option, or quite literally die. Was the person scamming Wal-Mart on the literal verge of death? No. Were the people he cared about on that verge? No. In desperation, I can justify it, but because you can't be forced to get your fat ass off the couch and work a couple of hours? I know school doesn't leave a lot of time for employment, but hey, people do that all the time. I did it. Many of you could have.

Maybe it's just morals, pride and a decade of customer service employment talking, but I really do take offense to scams, lies and theft. I work my ass off to get everything I have. Why does someone who simply feels like they're entitled to it get to swipe it?

So, apologies if I take a serious stance on it, but it's essentially a non-verbal way of saying "I don't deserve it, but I'm sure as hell getting it", and with most laws set up the way they are, there's not really a damn thing you can do about it except call the cops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread June 28th, 2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
These two need to get a room..............
WTF?! I'm not here to make friends I'm here to complain about my sorry ass job.
Unread June 29th, 2010, 08:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
WTF?! I'm not here to make friends I'm here to complain about my sorry ass job.
That's obvious............
The top Poster!
Unread June 29th, 2010, 12:00 PM
The Owner & Grand Poobah

closing...per request.