I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 29th, 2010, 02:05 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheFacts View Post
Well we all learned something here. Blockbuster has learned the mastery of the

RENIG.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
MaximusX7 (November 30th, 2010)
Unread November 29th, 2010, 10:20 PM

Speaking of hiring and firing, I'm pretty sure that my evil sales manager threatened my job today. Can anyone explain this document to me?

He came up and handed this to me. It had my name written on the top, which I cropped out. I also blacked out the job code part because it seemed like a good idea at the time. I also added #8 for the lulz.

ANYWAY, he drew a line around the "job duties" portion and asked me if I could do it. I said yes. Then he told me to read it. So I did. It was a very awkward moment and I'm not sure what his point was. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of implied threat. He wanted to watch me squirm.

None of the job duties or minimum requirements are ever done or met by anyone but me. So I'm not quite sure what's going on. I'm confused and frustrated and not just sexually.

Last edited by Sourapplepucker; November 29th, 2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: making that big-ass picture slightly smaller
The Following User Says Thank You to Sourapplepucker For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (November 29th, 2010)
Unread November 29th, 2010, 11:42 PM
IHBB GOD

if any of the SLs or ASM or SM did that to me, i would print theirs out and do it back to them in retaliation.

i clean up after people's shit nonstop, go without breaks, handle the store on my own while they're off taking 30 min smoke breaks up to 3 times a shift... and yeah, that would just be the birth of a serial murderer.

=3
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
Sourapplepucker (November 30th, 2010)
Unread November 30th, 2010, 12:19 AM

This guy is pretty impeccable. I'll never catch him doing anything wrong.

I forgot to mention that he's the guy that I constantly talk shit about here... the "backstabbing cheerleader" from the meme thread. I'm sure that he found out about it. So it's basically over for me at Blockbuster. Big loss.
Unread November 30th, 2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post

i clean up after people's shit nonstop, go without breaks, handle the store on my own while they're off taking 30 min smoke breaks up to 3 times a shift...
I thought thats what "performs other duties as assigned" was? LOL

But seriously, who needs 30 minutes to smoke? I'm out and back in in 3 minutes flat. Sometimes less if i see a line inside.
Unread November 30th, 2010, 07:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourapplepucker View Post
Speaking of hiring and firing, I'm pretty sure that my evil sales manager threatened my job today. Can anyone explain this document to me?

Are you really that stupid? That you need an explanation?
I can see why he handed it to you then....
The top Poster!
Unread November 30th, 2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Are you really that stupid? That you need an explanation?
I can see why he handed it to you then....
Congratulations on spelling everything correctly for once.

It's fine that you're a hateful asshole all day every day, this is the place for it, but it's laughable when you call other people stupid, especially when you then turn around and beg people do things such as sign up for a premium membership. That seems pretty stupid to me. Beg for dick, stupid bitch. I'll pay for this site when all you fucking cunts stop shitting your pants whenever I bump a thread that's older than a month. What a crock of shit for real.

Last edited by Sourapplepucker; November 30th, 2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Furthermore.
Unread November 30th, 2010, 10:03 AM
IHBB Freak

If I may-

For my part, I could care less if you bump an old thread as long as it serves a purpose. No one will disagree with you if you drudge up something old that's newly relevant, or if you add a new insight that no one since has had. Even if it's old business with a new spin, and you have that new, useful spin, by all means.

But you bring up old threads and add a single sentence with a random one-off remark. This contains no new useful imformation (save your own opinion, and if your opinion is that general, it will fit in a newer thread) nor is it any longer relevant. It's like science has marched on, and it has proven the sky is blue because of light being scattered in the sky's molecules. The thread about the sky dies, and you bump it back up after science has proven it and marched on with "No, ZEUS makes the sky blue!" Not only is it wrong and outdated, but counterproductive.

Most of us are ex-employees making suggestions about what we hated about the job and suggested improvements, or current employees trying to vent and gaining insight from some of the ex-employees (we may not love Blockbuster, but we can help some of you newbs, say, sell Rewards better.) Some of us even post in the hopes that Corporate read it and pull their heads out of their asses and finally reads common sense suggestions. That gets lost in a sea of old ass bumped threads containing nonsense. I dare say it may render some legitimate improvement ideas invalid, because someone may read your bumps instead, laugh the site off as the ravings of an idiot, and therefore pass judgement on all of us ("How can these improvements work? They're being suggested by some yahoo who still believes in Zeus!")

Yes, it can be fun to post here, and no, this forum is not completely serious fucking business, but there's etiquette for a reason. No one likes an asshole in real life, why would we on forums? That's like being one of these jerks who punches people in their dicks with that stupid "BANGKOK" joke and then comes back and says "Why aren't you guys hanging out with me? You guys are assholes!"

OK, in short, no one cares if you bump old threads, but if you're gonna, at least add something worth your own and our time to make it worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (November 30th, 2010), almondSM (November 30th, 2010)
Unread November 30th, 2010, 11:39 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourapplepucker View Post
Congratulations on spelling everything correctly for once.

It's fine that you're a hateful asshole all day every day, this is the place for it, but it's laughable when you call other people stupid, especially when you then turn around and beg people do things such as sign up for a premium membership. That seems pretty stupid to me. Beg for dick, stupid bitch. I'll pay for this site when all you fucking cunts stop shitting your pants whenever I bump a thread that's older than a month. What a crock of shit for real.
Awww... did the little third grader get his feelings hurt? Had to throw a temper tantrum didn't you.
One of the reasons I promote people to become a premium member so ass wipes like you can come here for free and post useless shit.

Enjoy it, I don't mind if you don't pay. Your posts just remind me of the idiots in the world out there.

Hey HotHead fell free to chime in here
The top Poster!
Unread November 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM

A holiday worker gets to replace me, yay

Went to drop some movies off a few days ago and the first thing my ASM said,

ASM: Do you want to work Christmas or New Years Eve?
Me: Actually, neither, putting in my two weeks today.

Felt so damn good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBBlows For This Useful Post:
CoffeeCup (November 30th, 2010), Hot Head (November 30th, 2010)