I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 30th, 2011, 09:33 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
ugh, sorry. Should I edit it?
Nobdo not edit if you aren't a premium member you wouldn't get it

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I thought the same thing. "Yay, now the sales pressure is off!". Switched our focus to raising money for CMN, as it's a great cause, and far less pushy
HAHAHAHAHA (holding my sides doing my sarcastic laugh)
What makes you think they still won't force the priorities down our throats? The time when Doug McHose (sp?) told us differently our DM still made us call with sales numbers every few hours and when when we supposedly didn't have goals and were just supposed to sell anything our DM still made us keep the same goals....ugh...my DM does what he wants..
The Following User Says Thank You to UnderPressure For This Useful Post:
getoffmybeach (May 1st, 2011)
Unread April 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
. We don't use that approach! We ask nicely once, then let it go if they say no. No biggie. But your reply make me lol.
I've actually used that line with some of my customers, my customers are awesome. It's definitely not something I would say to everyone, only those really good people who you know you can joke with.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPressure View Post
HAHAHAHAHA (holding my sides doing my sarcastic laugh)
What makes you think they still won't force the priorities down our throats? The time when Doug McHose (sp?) told us differently our DM still made us call with sales numbers every few hours and when when we supposedly didn't have goals and were just supposed to sell anything our DM still made us keep the same goals....ugh...my DM does what he wants..
only 1 priority left: passes. And there's no set # we have to obtain. As long as we get over 10 a week they leave us alone. We've never hard totally hard targets like you guys did.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM

Thanks for posting that MamaSmurf. Let's hope that someone buys us and it turns out ok.

Speaking of passes lol, I heard rumors of a new release pass being tested in some stores. Not sure what the price point on it is though. With someone having a new release pass, there wouldn't be much point in having rewards...except for the spend $50- get a $5 e-coupon.

I do like getting paid on a weekly basis though, money more often
Unread April 30th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbemp_can View Post
Thanks for posting that MamaSmurf. Let's hope that someone buys us and it turns out ok.

Speaking of passes lol, I heard rumors of a new release pass being tested in some stores. Not sure what the price point on it is though. With someone having a new release pass, there wouldn't be much point in having rewards...except for the spend $50- get a $5 e-coupon.

A few years back they tried to find a buyer for Movie Gallery in Canada and there were no takers. They ended up liquidating the entire Canadian operations. That was without their being any liens registered against their Canadian stores. Blockbuster US pledged the assets of Blockbuster Canada against money owing to the studios and that is in excess of $100 million the last I heard.

Dish has no need at all for Canadian stores as they don't operate Dish Network in Canada. I can't see them paying the studios an additional $100+ million just to keep the Canadian stores alive. Sure they are making a profit, but somehow I doubt it is enough to justify Dish Network paying that off.

I imagine they will be looking for a buyer and if none is found, they will either just hand control over to the studios or the stores will be liquidated in order to pay off the debt.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM

With only passes and candy bundles left to rank my store is going to sky rocket in the rankings. Everyone here loves their pop & popcorn and favorite passes!
And I hate weekly pay cheques. I had to redo all my budgeting. blah.
Unread April 30th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbemp_can View Post

My sister store is a test market. The 1-out pass is $19.99, the 2-out is $29.99

WAY TOO CHEAP. That alone would sink a low volume store... as you know the favorite pass customers don't spend shit in the stores. "We have a popcorn bundle for $2....*cuts us off mid-sentence*..."No, thanks just my free movie"

Kinda glad I'm off until Monday. I really don't want to deal with all the questions that hordes of idiots will inevitably ask
Unread April 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilviolentj View Post
With only passes and candy bundles left to rank my store is going to sky rocket in the rankings. Everyone here loves their pop & popcorn and favorite passes!
And I hate weekly pay cheques. I had to redo all my budgeting. blah.
At first glance, getting an extra cheque in May might seem cool, but you're so right... it messes with mortages that need 2x as much as one shitty little cheque will cover.
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaSmurf For This Useful Post:
D Money (April 30th, 2011)
Unread April 30th, 2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
My sister store is a test market. The 1-out pass is $19.99, the 2-out is $29.99

WAY TOO CHEAP. That alone would sink a low volume store... as you know the favorite pass customers don't spend shit in the stores. "We have a popcorn bundle for $2....*cuts us off mid-sentence*..."No, thanks just my free movie"

Kinda glad I'm off until Monday. I really don't want to deal with all the questions that hordes of idiots will inevitably ask
Hey hey, low volume store here, and yeah that would totally screw us. We're still making money, but not much.
It really would be nice if they would actually let us manage the stores we run. I could be making the store much more money if I didn't have to carry the stupid stuffed toys, and the candy of the month, and any hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to evilviolentj For This Useful Post:
bbemp_can (April 30th, 2011)