I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM

Yes, another one.

Another post about someone quitting Blockbuster! Woo-hoo! I know I had mentioned before that I was on a leave but I never wanted to say what for just in case someone on here wanted to figure out who I was. I needed the job at the time, so it wasn't a risk I wanted to take.. anyways...

I was on leave because I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, perfect in every way. She's a month old today and earlier this week Blockbuster started calling asking when I was coming back. I originally told them anytime after the 28th because that was my visit back with the doctor. Anyways, I kinda blew off the phone call and told them I'd call back after discussing with my husband. I had found a new job and wanted to make sure it would be ok before I officially quit.

I now have a great office manager position where I can bring my baby to work with me every day just so long as I remain efficient. I sit in front of a computer and work on a website, however many hours I feel like working. It's great. So this morning, I officially told Big Blue I wasn't coming back. I was so sick of not knowing if my store was even going to be open the next week - and all the lies from the store manager of the week. Seriously, I worked there just shy of 18 months and I had gone through 4 store managers, and at least 3 periods of 2 weeks where we didn't have a store manager at all... not to mention all the times I picked up slack and came in, but when no one would cover for me when I had genuine emergencies.

But yeah, it's whatever. Here's to being ecstatic at my new job!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to omg_bbv For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 23rd, 2011), Big Dog (June 24th, 2011), fireyjewels (June 27th, 2011), getoffmybeach (June 24th, 2011), Hot Head (June 23rd, 2011), muthaflippin (June 23rd, 2011), Veruka_Salt (June 24th, 2011)
Unread June 23rd, 2011, 01:28 PM

Just QUIT

Quitting blockbuster just feels right, Everyone should do it LOL !

I quit about a month ago and life is good. No more BS to deal with If you don't things will only get worse and the company will just keep screwing you over
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PartyGuy For This Useful Post:
fireyjewels (June 27th, 2011), omg_bbv (June 23rd, 2011)
Unread June 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Glad to hear you're on the right path.

Now if only we can get the rest of this people on this forum that are still employed with big blue new jobs.

Please join me in converting all your copies of the Riddick Trilogy as so.
Unread June 23rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
IHBB Freak

Congrats on the little one!
Big Dog (June 24th, 2011)
Unread June 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Congrats on the baby girl and awesome new job!
Unread June 23rd, 2011, 07:02 PM

Holy bejesus they make you folks go back to work fast after having babies. +1 for Canada!

Oh, and congrats on the whole quitting thing and becoming a mommy
Unread June 24th, 2011, 07:52 AM

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. All the best.
Unread June 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
IHBB GOD

Congratulation! Breaking away from Blockbuster must be relaxing.
Unread June 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
IHBB GOD

Another child + job or job?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread June 24th, 2011, 09:57 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by omg_bbv View Post
Another post about someone quitting Blockbuster! Woo-hoo! I know I had mentioned before that I was on a leave but I never wanted to say what for just in case someone on here wanted to figure out who I was. I needed the job at the time, so it wasn't a risk I wanted to take.. anyways...

I was on leave because I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, perfect in every way. She's a month old today and earlier this week Blockbuster started calling asking when I was coming back. I originally told them anytime after the 28th because that was my visit back with the doctor. Anyways, I kinda blew off the phone call and told them I'd call back after discussing with my husband. I had found a new job and wanted to make sure it would be ok before I officially quit.

I now have a great office manager position where I can bring my baby to work with me every day just so long as I remain efficient. I sit in front of a computer and work on a website, however many hours I feel like working. It's great. So this morning, I officially told Big Blue I wasn't coming back. I was so sick of not knowing if my store was even going to be open the next week - and all the lies from the store manager of the week. Seriously, I worked there just shy of 18 months and I had gone through 4 store managers, and at least 3 periods of 2 weeks where we didn't have a store manager at all... not to mention all the times I picked up slack and came in, but when no one would cover for me when I had genuine emergencies.

But yeah, it's whatever. Here's to being ecstatic at my new job!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you have 4 jobs(if your married) Wife, Houeskeeper, Mother and Work......That's a hell of a woman there...
The top Poster!