I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
IHBB GOD

Its coming the 10th of February I believe since they are letting go of a lot of people in January
Unread January 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Its coming the 10th of February I believe since they are letting go of a lot of people in January
break ups are never good.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread January 28th, 2012, 06:16 PM

In my area they only let go of half the DMs-they reassigned the others to new job titles and the RDO was NOT let go. The new DM for my area has my whole state plus other areas in neighboring states.
Unread January 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
In my area they only let go of half the DMs-they reassigned the others to new job titles and the RDO was NOT let go. The new DM for my area has my whole state plus other areas in neighboring states.
told u!!!!!! lol
Unread January 29th, 2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
That speaks volumes on the decision makers at Dish! If they can't see that RDO is quite possibly the biggest waste of money in the entire company then Kaw is right, it truly is "business as usual".
Unread January 29th, 2012, 05:34 AM

Maybe DJ or someone else in a "go forward" store can explain the new hierarchy because it seems like there are still alot of "upper management" positions. Yes the DM and RDO have more stores/states but there seems to be more support personnel in the new structure. I thought it was a SPLENDID idea to get rid of all the RDOs and get fresh blood-but that didn't happen.
Unread January 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

It's not being delayed. The payout was always going to be in February. If you guys remember correctly, we are going to get paid an extra bonus amount for any pass sold up to the end of December that is auto renewed for a 2nd month.

Example:

If I sold a pass on December 28th we wouldn't know if the customer kept the pass for a 2nd month until 30 days later.

Thus the need to wait until February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Unread January 29th, 2012, 11:20 AM
IHBB GOD

im about to get fing paid, im a superstar baby.
Unread January 29th, 2012, 11:55 AM
IHBB Freak

Actually, they got rid of a lot of the dm's and there was only 11 rdo's to begin with, there is now 7 rdos left, which are now called territory directors. The dm's that were kept, are watching over the closing stores until they close, then they too will move on. Leaving only about 35 out of 111 dm's to be having about 25-30 stores each.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread January 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
The dm's that were kept, are watching over the closing stores until they close, then they too will move on. Leaving only about 35 out of 111 dm's to be having about 25-30 stores each.
The fact that my idiotic, conceited, moronic, shortsighted, hateful, spiteful, douchbag of a DM made the cut to remain as one of these 35 Regional Sales Managers completely astounds me. I mean, not only does this guy not have a basic grasp of the English language, making deciphering his box office posts and conference calls a daily struggle, but he runs our market by humiliating and intimidating his employees. I've had many DMs in my Blockbuster career but you sir, Mr. S, you take the cake. Seriously, pat yourself on the back because the nosedive this market has taken in recent months can be directly attributed to your so-called ideas of "greatness!!". Is it any wonder that 90% of the stores that are closing in our newly combined disrtict are from your old district? And isn't funny how you're ass-breaking your neck to save those store managers while booting out the more experienced and successful store managers? I can't wait until I've found a new job and am out from underneath your reign of idiocy, and I guarantee you, on my last day, you will know exactly who I am and what I think of you, and I won't censor myself as I've done here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NowImNothing For This Useful Post:
kal-el (January 30th, 2012), moovies123 (February 22nd, 2012)