I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread March 5th, 2012, 07:28 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
We've had several long time online customers who have come in last week to tell us they canceled because it is taking forever for BBV to sent them a movie-not days but weeks- and nothing is available-everything is long wait or short wait-even older stuff. 1 guy said he read online that BBV was trying to bend over backwards to keep all the new "free" accounts being set up in the stores right now hoping to turn them into paying customers by sliding existing members to the back of the line. Anyone else notice they turned off our free employee online account?
Yes! I notice that. In order to rent movies you have to re-activate it again.
Unread March 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
LOL you have to re-activate the online membership if this is the case my hat is off to Blockbuster troll 1000

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM

My store and many others are closing in 2 1/2 weeks so what did we get this week? Our closing store DM wanting all the stores who didn't sign up at least 10 people for TA last week to submit a report explaining why quota wasn't hit last week and how they were going hit their goal this week. Too funny-what will they do if we don't sign people up- fire us? If there are stores closing in your area and your store is staying open-don't think your job is safe-they just fired a SM to make room for a closing store SM in my area.
Unread March 7th, 2012, 08:57 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
My store and many others are closing in 2 1/2 weeks so what did we get this week? Our closing store DM wanting all the stores who didn't sign up at least 10 people for TA last week to submit a report explaining why quota wasn't hit last week and how they were going hit their goal this week. Too funny-what will they do if we don't sign people up- fire us? If there are stores closing in your area and your store is staying open-don't think your job is safe-they just fired a SM to make room for a closing store SM in my area.
Demoralizing to the very last day.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
fireyjewels (March 8th, 2012)
Unread March 8th, 2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
And...Pay for it, not free anymore.
Unread March 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
Quote:
I went thru the very same thing last year. At first they tried to keep us in line with severance. When it was revealed that there was to be no severance, we stopped. Until they threatened to fire my manager. Best boss I ever had. That was my kryptonite. We towed the line until our DL chose to leave. After that, it was over. We watched movies all day every day and didn't give a rat's ass about sales, appearance, theft. We were done. Sorry for just about anyone else having to go thru it. It sucked. And sounds like Dish is no better than BBV was under the reign of Keyes. :/
Unread March 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM
IHBB Freak

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Firefly View Post
I went thru the very same thing last year. At first they tried to keep us in line with severance. When it was revealed that there was to be no severance, we stopped. Until they threatened to fire my manager. Best boss I ever had. That was my kryptonite. We towed the line until our DL chose to leave. After that, it was over. We watched movies all day every day and didn't give a rat's ass about sales, appearance, theft. We were done.
I was fired in March 2010, and the store closed exactly a year later. I was not surprised in the least whenever the generic clearance signs went up, because my last year with the company, as an assistant manager, was me by myself all day. Only a few pass and TA customers would roll in, never spent money, and even during Christmas, it was usually just me alone. I'd do whatever signage, pulls, transfers, etc. needed to be done, then it was just me, alone. The store stayed clean, because no one was ever there.

How slow was the store the last year I was there?
I have seen the original Twilight movie a grand total of 154 times, all in the store.
I have seen the extended Twilight trailer on the Penelope DVD a grand total of 718 times, all in the store.
I have seen all the teams play on the demo for Madden '10.

I could go on, but you get the point. Even when we were instructed to tell our DM how many RedBox machines were around our store (last count: 4, all within a block), he said we could overcome it. Even when I explained how many transactions I had during my shift---1---he would ask why I didn't sell them a (promo item), I would have to explain I was buying a Coke, and didn't have money for anything else! I think the worst thing I can think of was the final week I worked, when I got fired: two folks working all night, cussing like sailors (me and our crazy cat lady)----because we could. Horror movies on the PS3, because no one would see it but us. Deposits put together at closing, in just a few small bills. Because of the dark tinting on the windows, the few customers who straggled in claimed they didn't even know we were open!

And when I went back that last day in March 2011, all stripped to the bare walls, with a few tables left. It used to be my dream job, and it was fun while it lasted. But I don't miss the bullshit, the harassment, the micromanagement, and the non-stop lying from our "supervisors".

Last edited by Ghost of AtlanticVamp; March 20th, 2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: because I suck at math!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost of AtlanticVamp For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (March 21st, 2012)