I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 27th, 2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitdvd View Post
Since Family Video is privately owned, we'll never know what's fully going on there. They used to fund their expansion through their real estate holdings, but with that market cooled, who knows? I do know that they are looking for a partner to share store spaces with, like a pizza or ice cream chain, so the BIG brick and mortar video store concept is probably dead.
I only know what I know from having managed a store with them. That's why I know about how they expand. They have always looked for places to partner next to them. They have some buildings they built to have the retail space next to them. I remember going out and trying to market the spaces with my DM & RDO. The building I was in didn't have the extra space but others in our district did. They now also offer because of a partnership with a pizza joint (if it's not their own that they have started lol) to have it to where at select locations order pizza and rentals online and have them delivered. I like that idea lol.
Unread March 28th, 2013, 01:22 PM
IHBB GOD

boomshackala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 28th, 2013), inkedangel (March 29th, 2013)
Unread March 28th, 2013, 01:57 PM
IHBB GOD

Who really cares anymore, no stores here, only redbox,/ they win!!
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 28th, 2013), johnlow71 (March 29th, 2013)
Unread April 7th, 2013, 04:39 AM

surprise surprise. They will never keep customers because they are always changing things.
Unread April 7th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedangel View Post
I only know what I know from having managed a store with them. That's why I know about how they expand. They have always looked for places to partner next to them. They have some buildings they built to have the retail space next to them. I remember going out and trying to market the spaces with my DM & RDO. The building I was in didn't have the extra space but others in our district did. They now also offer because of a partnership with a pizza joint (if it's not their own that they have started lol) to have it to where at select locations order pizza and rentals online and have them delivered. I like that idea lol.
It's funny that you mention that. I was just at the Family Video in my town and they just started renovations to put in a pizza place. Much as I hate Family Video's prices, the convenience of having food and movies brought to me is awful tempting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FZappa For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (April 7th, 2013), johnlow71 (April 8th, 2013)
Unread April 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
IHBB GOD

We have no locla rental places, would be nice though....
The top Poster!