I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread February 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Firefly View Post
The newest games are never available, so most people I know do the Gamefly thing. And as for convenient locations for the Redboxes, you can't turn around without walking into one of the damn things around here. LOL
Is Gamefly good in certain states or something? I heard they sucks with new releases. example: you have to wait 3 months
Unread February 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Is Gamefly good in certain states or something? I heard they sucks with new releases. example: you have to wait 3 months
I tried gamefly, not only is it hard to get popular games, turnaround time was way to long. Mail in game monday get another 7 to 8 days later.
The top Poster!
Unread February 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
No, it just goes to show people rather rent online than at the stores. Some people use the online just to exchange movies but some don't. Even if all the stores close, Blockbuster online will still be a big hit and will increase on subscribers because they have the newest movies and games. Netflix doesn't compare to Blockbuster when it comes to new movies and games. Redbox is another solution but its just going to turn out like the video store unless its really in a good covenant location. But people are still are going to complain about returning their movies to the Redbox, complain late fees and get lazy. The only differents between Redbox and Blockbuster is when a customer gets mad, they can't yell at an employee, just at the box lol. And talk about the lines at the redbox just to pick out a movie. It might take a customer 20 minutes
Yes and no... I've seen people pissed that were regulars because they don't see the overall value of the program without the instore part. They did cancel their subs because they aren't going to drive over an hour to swap, they like the instant gratification of that exchange. I've had people come in upset because they signed up in the store then saw online about exchanges and why don't we do that... they don't keep it, even have us pull up the site so they can cancel. Not everyone sees the value, yes it's a good deal, yes it's cheaper than gamefly if you do games, no they don't charge extra for blu ray, yes redbox raised prices and their game pricing is 2 bucks a day but the customers like that instant satisfaction of having the product in their hands. I agree that the program is good but I don't think it's the answer either, a lot of our customers are old school and like that whole thing with the chit chat with employees and asking for advice on movies, can't get that out of a box or from a computer. If I had the funds I would open a store and knock it out, it would be a great success.
Unread February 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
I'm not a gamer, so I don't know from personal experience...but the gamers I do know all seem to prefer GF to BB, with the same complaints about BB as you all are expressing about GF. Maybe when it comes to games, they ALL suck? LOL
Unread February 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Firefly View Post
I'm not a gamer, so I don't know from personal experience...but the gamers I do know all seem to prefer GF to BB, with the same complaints about BB as you all are expressing about GF. Maybe when it comes to games, they ALL suck? LOL
Games are harder to deal with than movies

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (February 29th, 2012)
Unread February 28th, 2012, 05:39 AM

We've had several long time online customers who have come in last week to tell us they canceled because it is taking forever for BBV to sent them a movie-not days but weeks- and nothing is available-everything is long wait or short wait-even older stuff. 1 guy said he read online that BBV was trying to bend over backwards to keep all the new "free" accounts being set up in the stores right now hoping to turn them into paying customers by sliding existing members to the back of the line. Anyone else notice they turned off our free employee online account?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (February 29th, 2012), inkedangel (February 28th, 2012)
Unread February 28th, 2012, 07:36 AM
IHBB GOD

mines still active, soooo dont tell anyone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
D Money (March 1st, 2012), inkedangel (February 28th, 2012)
Unread February 28th, 2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
We've had several long time online customers who have come in last week to tell us they canceled because it is taking forever for BBV to sent them a movie-not days but weeks- and nothing is available-everything is long wait or short wait-even older stuff. 1 guy said he read online that BBV was trying to bend over backwards to keep all the new "free" accounts being set up in the stores right now hoping to turn them into paying customers by sliding existing members to the back of the line. Anyone else notice they turned off our free employee online account?
They have been shutting down those accounts over the last few months. Not all at once
Unread February 29th, 2012, 07:16 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
1 guy said he read online that BBV was trying to bend over backwards to keep all the new "free" accounts being set up in the stores right now hoping to turn them into paying customers by sliding existing members to the back of the line.?
While the store employees are told to bend over forward.....
The top Poster!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (February 29th, 2012), D Money (March 1st, 2012), fireyjewels (March 8th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (March 9th, 2012)
Unread March 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
While the store employees are told to bend over forward.....
Time to grab rear o dear....._

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 9th, 2012)