I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread January 21st, 2011, 12:28 AM

the 2 for $3, popcorn, all that are still bundles fyi. they are all tracked on a different report that isnt listed under 3/3 or 5/5 bundles.

they dont TELL you that, but in the current scheme of "bundles" it counts.

like someone earlier said, coke products are what they WANT you to sell and you have to in order to do a 3/3 or 5/5.. or, or, the 7/7!!!!! omg.
Unread January 25th, 2011, 07:44 AM

I used to really push the bundles, but not much anymore. It's very difficult to keep up the hard work when I find out that the new people they have hired are all making $2-3 an hour more than me. Pretty annoying that I was told by the SM that hired me there was almost no way to get more than minimum and I was lucky that they offered me $7.60.

I'm now a SL and got a raise to $8.60 but the new people from the last few months I have now found out are making much more. They just hired a new SL for $10 an hour. It's really annoying to sit there and train someone who is earning more than you and being a bit of an asshole at the same time...
Unread January 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post

I'm now a SL and got a raise to $8.60 but the new people from the last few months I have now found out are making much more. They just hired a new SL for $10 an hour. It's really annoying to sit there and train someone who is earning more than you and being a bit of an asshole at the same time...
That's how it is in most companies, external hires will get more than internal promotions on the average. Not saying its right but that's how it works. Ive been in your position before training someone making more than me in the same position and it sucks!
Unread January 26th, 2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOre View Post
That's how it is in most companies, external hires will get more than internal promotions on the average. Not saying its right but that's how it works. Ive been in your position before training someone making more than me in the same position and it sucks!
ya I understand that, but the fact that I was lied to about how much a new hire could get is the thing that is the biggest load of bull. And I was hired last spring before the big bankruptcy hit. This guy was hired a couple of weeks ago.

To be honest I have another job where I make a lot more at now, so it really doesn't make that much difference as far as money is concerned, but the lies are the thing that really burns me up. I've now found out that I'm not the only person this has happened to at my store. I want to quit but it would leave the ASM (who I really like) working every night and the new SM (also I like) having to work every day and I'm kind of a nice guy, you know? Anyway at least I get free rentals, it's nice to be able to rent stuff for my family without having them pay $4.99 a movie and not worry about bringing it back right away.
Unread January 26th, 2011, 03:48 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
It's really annoying to sit there and train someone who is earning more than you and being a bit of an asshole at the same time...
i had a very similar experience that really motivated me to get the fuck out of there.

another employee who made almost $2 more than me was told to sweep and mop before close WITH the SM. he refused and said that he wasn't being paid enough for that.

i never once hesitated to clean urine off the bathroom floors or wipe muck off the windows if i wasn't cleaning the store of my OWN volition, and here is this guy making more than me that gets away with blatantly refusing to do what he's told just because of his sales??!

thank god i got the fuck out of there.

=3
Unread February 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
i had a very similar experience that really motivated me to get the fuck out of there.

another employee who made almost $2 more than me was told to sweep and mop before close WITH the SM. he refused and said that he wasn't being paid enough for that.

i never once hesitated to clean urine off the bathroom floors or wipe muck off the windows if i wasn't cleaning the store of my OWN volition, and here is this guy making more than me that gets away with blatantly refusing to do what he's told just because of his sales??!

thank god i got the fuck out of there.
ya I think it's time to put in my notice. Like I said earlier I have another job, and now another opportunity to work a couple nights a week doing something I really like for a couple hours and getting paid twice what I am at BBV.

Last edited by underemployed; February 7th, 2011 at 06:12 PM.
Unread February 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy piven View Post
like someone earlier said, coke products are what they WANT you to sell and you have to in order to do a 3/3 or 5/5.. or, or, the 7/7!!!!! omg.
Coke sends BBV a big "kick back check" if we sell A LOT of their soda that is what these candy bundles are all about.