I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 20th, 2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post
Just a request, since we were told that our manager could be written up for not getting 80 bundles this week...
Can we get some better signage? Something with pictures instead of just text? People are super lazy and don't want to take time to read all that nonsense. I've tried drawing the $3 and $5 bundles out on our white erase board (actual pictures of a coke, a box of candy etc), and people pay much more attention to it. But, alas, my drawing skills are not the best.
I made a whole new display today, with the word "specials!" in bright construction paper bubble letters and hung it along the interior glass wall that lines the entrance way, but i need something other then my messy handwriting and hand-drawn pictures. I tried taking the pictures from fliers and coupons we get in our e-mail, cutting just the coke, or just the bundle pictures out, and blowing them up, but they're generally too small, and come out way pixellated. If corporate could make up a pretty picture with the things included in the bundles, or the individual items so we can mix and match (cut out a letter '2' and tape it next to the pic of a coke etc) i think it would do wonders for our bundle sales.
That's actually what i did for the 6 for $6 last week. I cut out a couple of numbers on bright construction paper, and got a fellow SL (who is a much better artist ) to draw out a bottle of coke, and some squares with the words 'popcorn' and 'candy' and hung it up on our big (now pretty empty since the rental terms change) sign above the back counter. People notice it a lot, and it's helped.
And not tiny pictures please! Big ones. Those are what get people's attention. The tiny 4 inch coupon-like things are not cutting it. I need to be able to point to the pictures from my register and have people see them clearly. Graphical representations do wonders for helping people to convince themselves to get something. They're much more inclined to go for it if they can SEE what they're getting, not just read it. Tangibility, folks = )
Any chance I can get a picture of this?
Unread April 20th, 2010, 09:11 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
I am all ears. Please tell me what you want to carry. Please do not be vague. What type of displays? What ones do you not like?
ok, when we carry shirts, how about something to display what the shirt is, or at the very least realize we don't have displays for anything, everthing is on tables. when something is given to us to put on our movie racks, they have a picture superimposed over a picture of the rack, and it rarely if ever fits that way unless you use your foot to persuade it into place.
Unread April 20th, 2010, 09:40 AM

I wonder, how hard would it be to make up a direct access plug for our trailer cd's? Coke has one on there this month, as does Tivo. People are much more willing to do something when they come to their own conclusions without someone goading them into it. Besides, it would get their minds working before they make it up to the checkout. Saying 'oh by the way, if you can pull some obscure movie title out of your ass in the next 30 seconds, and are willing to pay for it then wait a few days, i can totally get it for you" isn't exactly an effective way to go about things. It's not like we don't talk to customers out on the floor about DA but it's basic psych that they're expecting me to try to sell them something, and they shut down.

Perhaps we could make up lists of commonly sought after movies that we don't have. I know this would differ by store, but people keep asking for "It" and "The Lion King," neither of which my store has. Perhaps a little inspiration, something to get them to really think about it. Personally, i tend to ignore those empty cases interspersed on the edges of rows in the category section with the various 'witty' puns (can't find the drama you were looking for? don't be sad... etc.). Maybe if we changed it up a bit, instead of having the same damn thing on every row people would notice it more.
Unread April 20th, 2010, 10:00 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
ok, when we carry shirts, how about something to display what the shirt is, or at the very least realize we don't have displays for anything, everthing is on tables. when something is given to us to put on our movie racks, they have a picture superimposed over a picture of the rack, and it rarely if ever fits that way unless you use your foot to persuade it into place.
Omen, you don't work for them anymore..............
The top Poster!
Unread April 20th, 2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:

I agree on the shirt. Did the hanger thing that was sent with Alice help with the display?

On the movies..each of the displays you see set up in the Map have been put up in the Home Office. I worked in stores were the shelves were a little off and that made them not fit. Also Blue Keepers will cause them not to fit.
Unread April 20th, 2010, 02:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Omen, you don't work for them anymore..............
i know, but sometimes you just want to be heard
Unread April 20th, 2010, 02:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
i know, but sometimes you just want to be heard
Kinda scared me there ................
The top Poster!
Unread April 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I agree on the shirt. Did the hanger thing that was sent with Alice help with the display?

On the movies..each of the displays you see set up in the Map have been put up in the Home Office. I worked in stores were the shelves were a little off and that made them not fit. Also Blue Keepers will cause them not to fit.
Sorry, been in 3 stores and didn't see the alice shirts..........
Have seen the standees over on the side, maybe they need to put one out. Might make a better display. That's what we did. We always put one in the window with a price tag. Helped sell some. Although I think they could do without them.....feild destroy 97% of them.
The top Poster!
Unread April 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
So how about a Instore Pass, 2 out at a time, Online account, 1 Free DA a Week, 1 free Download a week, 1 Free Kiosk Rental a week, and two addtional store rentals.
Is this still happening?
Just curious
Unread April 20th, 2010, 08:33 PM
IHBB GOD

no, but we get a free DA and 10 in-store rentals.

that's more than enough.