I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 7th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Seems to me he wasn't so great, didn't meet company goals, if your looking for a freind, try going to church.

On a side note for BB482, why does corp have to change the wall every year. It gets more confusing each time and makes it hard on your employees. What's wrong with good old alpha order. At least I can find something.
I have always wondered this myself.
Customers never know how to find anything and they complain about it all the time. Who knows how many potential transactions we have lost because customers can't find what they're looking for.

There are so many restrictions and rules to follow that it always takes us the whole day to get the wall done. We do the wall on Sundays and a ton of stuff just ends up being pushed off to the Monday crew who of course doesn't have any time to do it either
Unread May 7th, 2010, 12:52 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxnl1090 View Post
I have always wondered this myself.
Customers never know how to find anything and they complain about it all the time. Who knows how many potential transactions we have lost because customers can't find what they're looking for.

There are so many restrictions and rules to follow that it always takes us the whole day to get the wall done. We do the wall on Sundays and a ton of stuff just ends up being pushed off to the Monday crew who of course doesn't have any time to do it either
sorry to point this out to you...but if you see someone leaving empty handed, you should say, "Was there something I could help you find?"
Unread May 7th, 2010, 02:27 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
As for our Blockbusterstore482, I think he or she might have other things to deal with
Like bending those Q1 results...
Unread May 7th, 2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Seems to me he wasn't so great, didn't meet company goals, if your looking for a freind, try going to church.

On a side note for BB482, why does corp have to change the wall every year. It gets more confusing each time and makes it hard on your employees. What's wrong with good old alpha order. At least I can find something.
You are right he wasnt so great with the sale goals but he knew how to treat the little people unlike the rest of these idiots. He would actually stand up for the workers. When I worked for him I actually wanted to work and tried everything I can for this fucking company. Sorry I dont go to church, i dont need the morals

Yea I am out of line, then prove me wrong. I always had someone nice come from the company say they understand our issues. All of them just ended up stabbing you in the back. It happend to me and it will happen to you all that still have jobs with BBV. You think the company cares about you? You are a fool. When the time comes to cut costs, they will cut you like a turd to save their asses.
Unread May 7th, 2010, 05:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
You are right he wasnt so great with the sale goals but he knew how to treat the little people unlike the rest of these idiots. He would actually stand up for the workers. When I worked for him I actually wanted to work and tried everything I can for this fucking company. Sorry I dont go to church, i dont need the morals
Now I see the problem here..................
The top Poster!
Unread May 7th, 2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
sorry to point this out to you...but if you see someone leaving empty handed, you should say, "Was there something I could help you find?"
Ya, because that always works.

The point is that wall is always bogged down with pointless tie-in and temporary categories. And then we switch up the alphabitization on a regular basis.

It's annoying to employees and customers. And if you're able to snag every customer on the way out there door when running the store by yourself all day and trying to finish multiple projects and helping actual paying customers then you're a better employee than I.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mxnl1090 For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (May 8th, 2010), katiebell (May 8th, 2010)
Unread May 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxnl1090 View Post
Ya, because that always works.

The point is that wall is always bogged down with pointless tie-in and temporary categories. And then we switch up the alphabitization on a regular basis.

It's annoying to employees and customers. And if you're able to snag every customer on the way out there door when running the store by yourself all day and trying to finish multiple projects and helping actual paying customers then you're a better employee than I.
Thanks for the compliment
And it usually does.

In my store, there are a lot of people who walk by, come in and look around.
In other stores there are people who have to drive to the store, with a purpose...1 out of 10 people to those stores didn't go just to glance around...that's for sure.
Unread May 8th, 2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Now I see the problem here..................
really? thats is your best argument. You all came to defend blockbusterstore482 cause I said some very mean things. Oh dont attack him cause he may provide us some information that maybe useful for the rest of the little guys here. Do you honestly think he gives a damn about you? Or the big boys do?He said the same bullshit to me as the same to you. The sad thing is you all bought it, I didnt.

Yea I am out of line. I call on any of you here to prove me wrong. If i end up being wrong. I will apologize here to him and the rest of you
Unread May 8th, 2010, 10:19 AM
IHBB GOD

Such an angry young person, I suggest you find another job. it's obvious you hate your present one.
The top Poster!
Unread May 8th, 2010, 01:01 PM
IHBB GOD

yeah, if your sanity about your job lies on one person whom you don't really know apart from a thread on a site that generally despises the company you work for, you should probably find a job that gives you less BS.