I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 31st, 2011, 08:05 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Ice Mountain is saying that BBI owes over $150k while BBI claims they only owe $70k
Wait until Ice Mountain finds out that they'll be paid in stale gummi bears.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 08:37 AM
IHBB GOD

The Blockbuster Way -------and how to lose $68 million in 60 days.
The top Poster!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 31st, 2011), Big Dog (March 31st, 2011), Hot Head (March 31st, 2011), OzMan (March 31st, 2011), Spohiesmom2008 (March 31st, 2011)
Unread March 31st, 2011, 10:12 AM

Waiting for my kid to fall asleep so I can take a nap before work so I started browsing the claims filings...in March alone, various entities filed in excess of $16.4 million dollars in claims against Blockbuster...I hope whoever buys this company knows what they're getting into with BBI's fudged up books and lack of scrupulous business practices...
Unread March 31st, 2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoma View Post
Waiting for my kid to fall asleep so I can take a nap before work so I started browsing the claims filings...in March alone, various entities filed in excess of $16.4 million dollars in claims against Blockbuster...I hope whoever buys this company knows what they're getting into with BBI's fudged up books and lack of scrupulous business practices...
I'm sure they do. And I'm sure they're putting on a great face but I'd be that no matter who the winner is we will be in liquidation by the summertime.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
If you can find the time, could you provide some specific examples of where BBI has fudged their books and shown lack of scrupulous business practices?

And I hope you realize that unless specified otherwise, the new owner does not inherit any of these claims. They all fall against the current ownership and will be settled through the bankruptcy sale process and revenue from such.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 11:17 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
If you can find the time, could you provide some specific examples of where BBI has fudged their books and shown lack of scrupulous business practices?

And I hope you realize that unless specified otherwise, the new owner does not inherit any of these claims. They all fall against the current ownership and will be settled through the bankruptcy sale process and revenue from such.
-Invalid Credits

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post

I cannot cite specific examples of anything with regard to how and where BBI has fudged or hidden anything with regard to their financial reporting practices as I am not privy to such information. I think it speaks volumes, however, regarding their shady dealings and lack of fiscal honesty and responsibility that there have been so many claims made against the company in the last few months, so many objections to cure amounts set forth in OFFICIAL court documents and so many employees across the company who's TA bonuses were, shall we say, less than correct in their payout?

482 himself has indicated in the past that the only reason the original TA drive bonus store payout was made at all was because he took the comments that were being posted here to someone in corporate and they finally realized that the employees were not going to let it go away.

And lets not even get started on how many class action lawsuits the company has had filed against them in their history regarding their late fee assessment practices...

Try and spin it if you want to, I understand your desire to do so. But at least look at it honestly and see that so many of these things would not be popping up with there were not something rotten in Denmark.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 02:28 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Try And Spin It If You Want To, I Understand Your Desire To Do So. But At Least Look At It Honestly And See That So Many Of These Things Would Not Be Popping Up With There Were Not Something Rotten In Denmark.
Pull Out Your Middle Fingure And Tell Him To Sit And Spin

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 31st, 2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Pull Out Your Middle Fingure And Tell Him To Sit And Spin
but i don't know where his orifice has been
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 31st, 2011), Hot Head (March 31st, 2011)
Unread March 31st, 2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
Strangely, the open Po has like 50 pages, but most of it shows old Pepsi and candy orders, and NRs. Not much sell thru listed. I totally get how you guys feel.... this uncertainty is very stressful. I'm a worry wart anyway, so of course I'm really worried now! I love my job... and I'd like to keep it. Has there been any word on how the auction will affect the Cdn operations?
I totally agree with you about the whole uncertainty factor. I seem to remember what happened to Movie Gallery- it said in their bankruptcy filing that it didn't include their Canadian operations - and then 2 months later they all closed up here

I think it would be a shame if we closed. I too love my job. We still make money and are debt free (or so I've been told anyways). I actually think we may have a shot at the kiosk/online/onDemad thing as it's really not that prevalent here yet.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks