I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM

i don"t understand what's so hard about asking for emails? about the easiest thing employees have to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to incaroca For This Useful Post:
D Money (June 20th, 2011), Woodstock (June 20th, 2011)
Unread June 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
i don"t understand what's so hard about asking for emails? about the easiest thing employees have to do.
It's VERY easy to ask each customer for their email address..... it blows chunks when the SM stands behind you telling you that you're doing it wrong
Unread June 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM

the activation barcode only has to be "on." it doesn't have to be the first time you've scanned it. Or at least that's what we've been told. Also, if you really wanted to, and you knew the customer has a facebook account, or "probably" does: customername@facebook.com. I think that works now. It'd be a bit back handed though...and I probably wont' do it. If the cust sees it though, they'd probably just think its from the blockbuster fb page.
Unread June 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM

The SM is telling you, you are doing what wrong? how you are asking? or the process which you need to follow in order to get the 1 dollar for each email?
Unread June 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM

So is it true if u override a drawer that's not assigned to u, u don't get credit for the email? That kinda sux for mods that jump on the help with the line on a drawer that's not assigned to them. Just sayin.
Unread June 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Dear Blockbuster Employees,

We are going to need you to collect all the emails that you possibly can. It will be used as future reference for the company to mail items out to our customers to keep them loyal. However, you all won't be around long enough to see it because you will be gone due to store closings. We plan to pay out Mid July, but we may forsee some complications and have to push the payment back. You will receive some communication in the near future regarding this promotion. Once again, thank you for all of your hard work, without it we wouldn't be able to screw you over so easily.

Thanks - Blockbuster
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fireyjewels For This Useful Post:
Glass Half Empty (June 20th, 2011), Gonzo (June 22nd, 2011), itirnitii (June 20th, 2011)
Unread June 20th, 2011, 07:49 PM

My store was not prepared for the fallout of summer/free rental program. We are being slammed like it's a major holiday-with the volume everyday of the Fri/Sat night crowds from years ago. We seriously need an extra person just to do the drop and run movies -forget about getting any projects done. I don't know if they've upped labor for this but it's becoming a nightmare. Seriously, when you can't even clock out to eat because there are that many people in the store-it's a joke. What's not funny however, is the bottom line. We are making practically nothing for all the work this program is causing and I know July 5th the store will not see 95% of these people again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
itirnitii (June 20th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (June 22nd, 2011)
Unread June 20th, 2011, 08:22 PM

What amuses me here as well Glass is that they throw in serious reprice reports, multiple store to store shipments, and let's not forget..... it's time to resticker the entire store again! They do plan to give us labor for the stickering but as you said, it's alot busier than normal lately due to the free promo and it makes it a major pain in the ass getting any projects done. And you are correct about the TNR, it WILL suffer greatly as we push this. PRP helps bridge the gap some but not much. They hope the actives will remain afterwards but I have my doubts. I've heard about the other summer promotions they plan to run (at least 3 in July) and ALL have little benefit to TNR and carry on the "give a huge discount and see what happens" strategy. The best word for all this I can think of....... Clusterfuck.
Unread June 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
IHBB Freak

Okay, wtf, guys? Today I was told to give the thank you promo to EVERYONE - online, movie pass, people who are just purchasing... Quote "Because the barcode doesn't really require a $2.99 rental. Or any rental at all!"

AND to tell people to come back multiple times a day for a free rentals because, again, direct quote, "You can scan the barcode more than once a day. It doesn't limit you."

I'm pretty sure that's called coupon fraud. I mean, we have a shitload of barcodes that will work multiple times. And we have even more employees who've been termed for exploiting that fact!

Has anyone else heard this? Or has my DM been hitting the crack pipe?
Unread June 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM

Need to rent $2.99?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Okay, wtf, guys? Today I was told to give the thank you promo to EVERYONE - online, movie pass, people who are just purchasing... Quote "Because the barcode doesn't really require a $2.99 rental. Or any rental at all!"

AND to tell people to come back multiple times a day for a free rentals because, again, direct quote, "You can scan the barcode more than once a day. It doesn't limit you."

I'm pretty sure that's called coupon fraud. I mean, we have a shitload of barcodes that will work multiple times. And we have even more employees who've been termed for exploiting that fact!

Has anyone else heard this? Or has my DM been hitting the crack pipe?

I was told my by SM to give the pass to anyone except Online and Pass people. But yes I was told it didn't mater if the customer rented at $2.99 movie. And I have the same concern that this is gonna be considered "coupon fraud". BUT my SM directly told me this, after she was told by our DM. So I'm assuming it's ok.