I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread November 29th, 2010, 05:29 AM
IHBB Freak

Am I the only one that missed the leap of logic involved with "I want a job there, I didn't get it, therefore fees are outlandish and Blockbuster sucks"? I mean, you don't have to be a prospective employee to notice, but I'm not seeing how the dots connect. You hate late fees because you didn't get a job there?

As an aside, you're 17 if I gather correctly. You can't even start your own account, why are you worried about late fees?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 9th, 2011), BUYMECAR (November 29th, 2010)
Unread November 29th, 2010, 01:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
Am I the only one that missed the leap of logic involved with "I want a job there, I didn't get it, therefore fees are outlandish and Blockbuster sucks"? I mean, you don't have to be a prospective employee to notice, but I'm not seeing how the dots connect. You hate late fees because you didn't get a job there?

As an aside, you're 17 if I gather correctly. You can't even start your own account, why are you worried about late fees?
he can not get an account because he can not legally contract. You must be 18 to legally contract. You can be employeed and have an account per se but you wouldn't be able to rent out anything totally 100 dollars if it autocharged or a Video Game. If you were an employee you must have an account so they age is waived, it is part of the employement procedure.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM
IHBB Freak

I know all of that, but someone who hasn't, and is trying to get a job there, does not. So, knowing he's not getting hired, he can't get an account. Therefore, he can't accrue his own late fees. Therefore, isn't it a tad... dumb to say, and I quote, this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morazar
and brought back late fees (although they try not to call it that) This is why I now use Netflix and will never go back.
Or do you use Netflix because you're not old enough for a Blockbuster membership? C'mon, man, that's like claiming to be a stoner when you're too scared to even smoke cigarettes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 9th, 2011)
Unread November 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
17 yearolds can work 40 hours a week but can not work all 7 days out of the week only 5 or 6. Also if we ever had enouph hours 17 year Olds can not work over 40 hours a week
Not in California...
Under 18 can work up to 20 hours per week...no more than 4 hours per day Mon-Thurs (Fri-Sun can work up to 8 hours.)
(Also, Mon-Thurs, they cannot work past 10:00pm)

p.s. We are ALL missing the the most important aspect of her wanting to work at BB...
And that question is... "Is she hot"?

Or even more important..."Is she hot...AND ASIAN??!!" .. OH HELL NO!!! Dude I would hire her in a motherfuckin[' HEARTBEAT!!!
Unread November 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Isn't everyone sad that this guy won't be your coworker? At least for another couple of months?
Unread November 30th, 2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourapplepucker View Post
Isn't everyone sad that this guy won't be your coworker? At least for another couple of months?
....i'm not...........
Unread November 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusx7 View Post
....i'm Not...........
What The Fuck Mother Fucker>>>>>>>>...............................

I Can Be A Retard To ............................................

Shut The Fuck Up You Stupid Motherucker Your Stupid Son Of A Bitch

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourapplepucker View Post
isn't Everyone Sad That This Guy Won't Be Your Coworker? At Least For Another Couple Of Months?

Your Seasonal

Shut The Fuck Up

Unread December 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM

In California a minor who has graduated from high school can legally work full-time, and does not need a work permit. I had been renting movies from Blockbuster with my mom's card for years, until they raised their rates and brought back late fees, which caused us to switch to Netflix. What bothered me more than that I couldn't work at Blockbuster is that treated me like a fucking CHILD
Unread December 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM

Obviouisly they were right to NOT hire you!

With an attitude like yours ask yourself this question ------> Why would they want to hire you?

I hear NetFlix is hiring. You just have to sit in a MAILBOX and sort their mail.
The Following User Says Thank You to OverTenYearsAtBBV For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (March 9th, 2011)