I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Arrow Experiences working at more then one store

Naturally, I need to pick up more hours. I am a SL. Can anybody tell me the pros/cons of working at two stores at the same time? I usually pick up anywhere from 25-30 hours at my current store. Will I still get nailed if I go into overtime even though my hours are divided at two locations?
Unread May 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday's Child View Post
Naturally, I need to pick up more hours. I am a SL. Can anybody tell me the pros/cons of working at two stores at the same time? I usually pick up anywhere from 25-30 hours at my current store. Will I still get nailed if I go into overtime even though my hours are divided at two locations?
yes you still get into OT.

pros hours/money

cons- usually the new store isntused you to you and normally thinks you didnt do that great of a job. What ive always scene is is it takes 2-3 weeks for a new guy to fit in and everyone get comfortable and see their true abilities.
Unread May 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday's Child View Post
Yes. Getting OT is a big no-no. However, if both the stores that you work at bonus - then you get the money.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread May 14th, 2008, 07:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
Yes. Getting OT is a big no-no. However, if both the stores that you work at bonus - then you get the money.
not in the states anymore. there were SMs running two locations and they were only given one bonus, thats why i quit running two locations, what benefit to me is it?
Unread May 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
IHBB GOD

It's terrible. Don't ever do it. You'll have situations like this:

You're called in by the SM of the other store. You benevolently agree to it because he promises he'll be there as well. You show up, and he hands you the keys and leaves. You only have 1 CSR instead of 2, and he's new and hardly speaks English. There's a line to the back of the store the whole fucking night, right up until closing time, at which point you have to physically throw people out. The drop box is overflowing and clearly hasn't been emptied fully in a few days. You try to get around to it, but the aforementioned customer and understaffing issue means you only get to check in about 200 movies, which is something like 5% of the amount that's there, not to mention all the ones stacked up in piles of 40 on, near, next to, below, and around the drop box now as well. You leave the store in slightly more of a mess than it was before and vow never to agree to work at another store ever again.
Unread May 14th, 2008, 07:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreKeith View Post
It's terrible. Don't ever do it. You'll have situations like this:

You're called in by the SM of the other store. You benevolently agree to it because he promises he'll be there as well. You show up, and he hands you the keys and leaves. You only have 1 CSR instead of 2, and he's new and hardly speaks English. There's a line to the back of the store the whole fucking night, right up until closing time, at which point you have to physically throw people out. The drop box is overflowing and clearly hasn't been emptied fully in a few days. You try to get around to it, but the aforementioned customer and understaffing issue means you only get to check in about 200 movies, which is something like 5% of the amount that's there, not to mention all the ones stacked up in piles of 40 on, near, next to, below, and around the drop box now as well. You leave the store in slightly more of a mess than it was before and vow never to agree to work at another store ever again.
That's pretty detailed, speaking from experience?
Unread May 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
That's pretty detailed, speaking from experience?
Yep. It's actually much worse than I describe. The store was in shambles. That was actually a Thursday. A couple months later I heard that SM had been fired and it took 2 days for a group of SMs to clean that store up.
Unread May 14th, 2008, 07:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreKeith View Post
Yep. It's actually much worse than I describe. The store was in shambles. That was actually a Thursday. A couple months later I heard that SM had been fired and it took 2 days for a group of SMs to clean that store up.
As a SM I hate going into to oher stores to clean up messes. It ruins my labor, I am out of my store, and unless my stores is fucked who is going to help me out?
Unread May 14th, 2008, 07:42 PM

I have to open another store in the morning and I am sooo dreading it. Im only doing it as a favor to MY SM and because it means more hours for me .

I have worked at this store, and its twice as big as mine if not bigger, and im going to be the only one there since the staff is having some party or something during the day

there is only one store that I would call if I needed hours but thats only if I get really really really desperate.
Unread May 14th, 2008, 07:53 PM
IHBB GOD

i pick up hours at different store but i never get over 40 and im just a csr so its not too bad thou.