I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 2nd, 2011, 07:36 AM
IHBB Freak

So for you closing stores there are no new releases for 1/4?
Unread January 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
IHBB Freak

In recent weeks we have had two stores close, and now I just heard that three more are closing in my district this month. We once had I think 16 stores, and it seems to be about eight now in a larger (combined) district. I'm pretty sure my own store is safe and just about everything within 10 miles has already been closed or targeted and my hometown is too large to have no BB stores. I feel really bad for two former SMs who've been bounced around and are now demoted or out of work after YEARS AND YEARS of faithful, good service.
Unread January 2nd, 2011, 09:17 AM

182 does seem really low... seems like they have to go month by month as lease terms come to an end.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread January 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM

i got the new releases for this coming tuesday. not sure about the tuesday after that.
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
IHBB GOD

There trying to extend bankruptcy for the NEW PROMOTION!!!! Didn't anyone watch the MOTW?

They are pushing the streaming. So they don't want to close a lot of stores. They want to promote this streaming to many stores as possible.

-extend the bankruptcy (to keep many stores open)
-promote the streaming/online service
-sell as much as possible to stay in business before most of the stores close down.

I'm not sure if this is possible....if the online and other services besides the stores are extremely profitable. Can this help the stores stay a float?

online: profitable
bluebox: profitable
steaming phones/bluray players/others: profitable
stores: lossing money

can 3 out 4 keep a company sailing?
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 10:12 AM

Remember that BB only gets like 4% of what the kiosks make. Pretty much just a licensing thing
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 10:31 AM

I still can't watch the MOTW!!!!! Haven't been able too since the update. My compass is fucking retarded!!!!!

I had it all wrong, buying a bundle won't save a job. Who knew?
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM69 View Post
I still can't watch the MOTW!!!!! Haven't been able too since the update. My compass is fucking retarded!!!!!
I think if you have the new compass, you have to open the program, then file>open and select it from the actual folder that its in.
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
IHBB GOD

I told everyone quite a while back it would be close to 700 stores in Q1. Hold on to your pants.

The reason BBV is pushing the window on telling stores is they are afraid everyone will have time to find jobs and quit before closeouts are finished. This was with short notice they figured you have to hang around for the 4-6 weeks it takes your store to closeout.

Its a sucker hedge bet but they found its easier to do this. This is how Hollywood did it also. Remember who is now one of your Executive Vice Presidents.
Unread January 3rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
I told everyone quite a while back it would be close to 700 stores in Q1. Hold on to your pants.

The reason BBV is pushing the window on telling stores is they are afraid everyone will have time to find jobs and quit before closeouts are finished. This was with short notice they figured you have to hang around for the 4-6 weeks it takes your store to closeout.

Its a sucker hedge bet but they found its easier to do this. This is how Hollywood did it also. Remember who is now one of your Executive Vice Presidents.
182 will close the Q1