I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM

Unhappy 2 TAs for the week? This is not looking good...

This is not just my store but what I read on a letter that the DM sent out to all of her stores and she stated that the "flagged customers" are returning to the computer systems. What I don't like about TAs, besides they are a pain in the ass, is that our DM gets mad if we don't hit one a day even if we already hit out goal for the week.

So I was just wondering if anyone else is being asked for 2 TAs in a week? To me this is a very bad sign of things to come.
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
This is not just my store but what I read on a letter that the DM sent out to all of her stores and she stated that the "flagged customers" are returning to the computer systems. What I don't like about TAs, besides they are a pain in the ass, is that our DM gets mad if we don't hit one a day even if we already hit out goal for the week.

So I was just wondering if anyone else is being asked for 2 TAs in a week? To me this is a very bad sign of things to come.
Id be worried if it wasnt already like that for my district. I always wondered if DMs still get TA bonus money still. Were told all the time that we HAVE to get 7 TAs a week.
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
IHBB Freak

Yeah, we're 7 a week, too. IMPOSSIBLE. It doesn't seem like much, but it really is. Seems like now pretty much everyone in my store, if they're not already on it, they're honestly not interested.

Plus a store not too far is giving away free month long trials during their closure. Hard to compete with that.
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
Yeah, we're 7 a week, too. IMPOSSIBLE. It doesn't seem like much, but it really is. Seems like now pretty much everyone in my store, if they're not already on it, they're honestly not interested.

Plus a store not too far is giving away free month long trials during their closure. Hard to compete with that.
Impossible? And you want to be on the council?

I don't care for the TA goal myself, but we do have customers who come in our stores once every few months that should be talked into it, not to mention the customers who come in already on Netflix or commonly uses Redbox that could be lured away.

Our goal is 4 this week and was 8 last week. If you only pitch the 20-30 people that come in your store each week that asks for a title you don't have the goal is fairly easy. " I am sorry but we don't carry that title in our store but we can mail it to you for free!"
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
IHBB Freak

I'll be an excellent council member. I said the goal was impossible, not that we're not working our asses off to meet it. That's a majority of what this job is - take an impossible goal and figure out how to make it work. I don't need you to wag your finger at me.

As for the people that come in for something we don't carry, we do mention the free trial but I will always take $3 in direct access TNR over a free trial and a free in store rental that do nothing to help my store Make The Day. THEN, by the time they bring that back in to get $1 off their next rental, they're more comfortable with the whole "by mail" process and might be ready to do the TA trial then. (We put WRNs on the accounts.) Or maybe they just keep ordering the occasional DA and continue to help us MTD. Either way we win.
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
I'll be an excellent council member. I said the goal was impossible, not that we're not working our asses off to meet it. That's a majority of what this job is - take an impossible goal and figure out how to make it work. I don't need you to wag your finger at me.

As for the people that come in for something we don't carry, we do mention the free trial but I will always take $3 in direct access TNR over a free trial and a free in store rental that do nothing to help my store Make The Day. THEN, by the time they bring that back in to get $1 off their next rental, they're more comfortable with the whole "by mail" process and might be ready to do the TA trial then. (We put WRNs on the accounts.) Or maybe they just keep ordering the occasional DA and continue to help us MTD. Either way we win.
Being #1 in sales or on the score card is not a council requirement. I think when it comes to people pushing sales, your home office teams have that covered, just read this board. We are looking at ways to change the company NOW...

So do not let BBmanager get to you..

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 11:26 PM

I know one thing for sure I'm soo glad next week is my last full week at this job after that I'm going to be the on call/one day a week guy.

I'm really looking forward to a new job I really need a change I have been doing the same thing and putting up with these sales goals for the last 3 years.
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 11:28 PM

I stopped giving a rat's behind about TA's when the TA disbursement was going to be in the form of a group function rather than in our paychecks like we were told in the beginning. The people I work with are going to go paintballing, but I'm not physically not able to participate. I'm not in a wheelchair, mind you, but my knees cannot hold up to the running around. So, the (I've lost count how many months we've been at this TA drive) effort I put in to selling this program will go towards other people while I have nothing to show for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to max belmont For This Useful Post:
Veruka_Salt (March 3rd, 2011)
Unread March 2nd, 2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max belmont View Post
I stopped giving a rat's behind about TA's when the TA disbursement was going to be in the form of a group function rather than in our paychecks like we were told in the beginning. The people I work with are going to go paintballing, but I'm not physically not able to participate. I'm not in a wheelchair, mind you, but my knees cannot hold up to the running around. So, the (I've lost count how many months we've been at this TA drive) effort I put in to selling this program will go towards other people while I have nothing to show for it.
Working at BBV, or any job where you have to stand for hours, is not good if you have bad knees you need a job where you could take it easy on your legs. I bought me a bicycle a few weeks ago and the first day I thought I was superman and could ride anywhere boy was I wrong about that my legs and knees were killing me. My legs have been killing me now because I have biked some very loooong distances the last few weeks. I have read up about how to take care of my legs and found out that running in water, sitting in a hot tub, and taking fish oil is good for the joints.

We are going to spend our teams $1,300 of TA money on a movie, dave and busters, and shopping with whatever is left.
Unread March 3rd, 2011, 12:59 AM
IHBB GOD

my old store invited me to join their TA outing. fuckers better! i'd easily take responsibility for a FIFTH of that TA money...

but since we can't buy alcohol, drinks will be on me. =D

=3