I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Other Ranting and Raving

Unread April 8th, 2009, 02:32 AM
IHBB GOD

they actually sent us a brand new box of Bedtime Stories w/ about 120 copies today. at the end of the night, only about 30 left. was confusing because i don't ever remember that happening before (we already had like 140 that were all out). anyone have this happen before?

and yeah, people are getting more geared towards indie/obscure flicks. i have no idea how we rented out so many copies of 'In the Electric Mist'. a lot of customers had me straight perplexed with what they would come up with. 'Extreme Movie', 'Bangkok Dangerous', 'Quarantine' and, waddya kno, 'In the Electric Mist'. i presume it's because John Goodman was on the cover, they expected some comedy that can live up to 'Big Lebowski' but what about Tommy Lee Jones makes them think it's going to be anything less than serious?
Unread April 8th, 2009, 05:32 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Ghost..i have some saviors for you... 1. Transformers 2. harry potter 3. wolverine, on may 12th taken comes out biggest action film ive seen in awhile, and the new underworld. ICE age will be pretty big as well. Dont forget Watchmen this summer releasing will be quite huge for us. This summer will turn us around and with the fall and winter releases to come from a big summer of hits, I think we will be okay...the titles are coming around for us, Let us hope.
I hope so too. Maybe Dr. Manhattan's Big Blue Wang will be enough of a freak show to make the buying public reach for their wallets! (My husband went to see it in the local multiplex and it was wall to wall wang, according to what he saw.)

But yeah, between X-Men Origins and the new Ice Age, Harry Potter and Underworld (NEXT MONTH! YAY!), maybe, just maybe...
Unread April 8th, 2009, 07:22 AM
IHBB Freak

Choke was actually pretty funny. I laughed my ass off.

And I hated Watchmen. No action in there. I like my action movies.