I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Game Talk

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread December 19th, 2010, 07:55 AM
ClutztomerControl's Avatar
ClutztomerControl ClutztomerControl is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South of Heaven, West of Hell
Posts: 1,448
L.A. Noire (Pure Awesome!)

Rockstar's latest offering L.A. Noire is going to be an epic game with a great cinematic feel. I am literially counting down the days until it's Spring Release. PS3 and X360.


Check out this awesome video of the realism in character design! Its like nothing I've seen before! Not just great voice acting! NO! REAL ACTING! HOLY SHIT! Check out the vid below and you will understand!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...irectElement=1


  #2  
Unread December 19th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Hot Head's Avatar
Hot Head Hot Head is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my car
Posts: 3,106
I can't wait to play also. I believe it will be the shit.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
╭∩╮(︶__︶)╭∩╮

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
  #3  
Unread December 20th, 2010, 01:21 AM
MaximusX7's Avatar
MaximusX7 MaximusX7 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 265
You guys let me know how that plays out. I'm on the fence...
  #4  
Unread December 20th, 2010, 03:37 PM
wheresmikey's Avatar
wheresmikey wheresmikey is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The internets
Posts: 1,226
Lol, looks good except...

This game looks like it falls in the valley so hard its not funny.

Have I mentioned my favorite psychological hypothesis called "the uncanny valley" before?

I think I have. Especially in the world of video games, creators have been struggling with this for a long time. Its creepy but its a good thing. It means progress. We're slowly but surely working our way around it and improving. Here are links to some of my favorite most recent stories about it.


The wikipedia page for your definitions and examples.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

An article written just a month ago from my favorite website cracked.com
http://www.cracked.com/article_18867...valley_p2.html

A youtube video of a tech demo of some of the latest digital technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiX5...layer_embedded
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't believe in yourself - believe in ME! Believe in the KAMINA who believes in YOU!
The Following User Says Thank You to wheresmikey For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (February 25th, 2011)
  #5  
Unread February 25th, 2011, 07:42 AM
LeaderOfShifts LeaderOfShifts is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 49
The more I see about this the more excited I get, though I'm still a little weary of Rockstar after Red Dead Redemption and what a massive pile of shit it was.

Worst case scenario, I'll be able to say I witnessed first hand how 5 years of 'new' motion capture technology failed to make a decent game..
The Following User Says Thank You to LeaderOfShifts For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (February 25th, 2011)
  #6  
Unread February 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Kreen-Akrore Kreen-Akrore is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Here, There, Everywhere
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmikey View Post
Lol, looks good except...

This game looks like it falls in the valley so hard its not funny.

Have I mentioned my favorite psychological hypothesis called "the uncanny valley" before?

I think I have. Especially in the world of video games, creators have been struggling with this for a long time. Its creepy but its a good thing. It means progress. We're slowly but surely working our way around it and improving. Here are links to some of my favorite most recent stories about it.


The wikipedia page for your definitions and examples.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

An article written just a month ago from my favorite website cracked.com
http://www.cracked.com/article_18867...valley_p2.html

A youtube video of a tech demo of some of the latest digital technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiX5...layer_embedded
fuck this, I always come into this thread thinking it is something new to say about L.A. Nior and I always read this fucking post and go on a info spree off wikipedia reading one page to another, and its all you damn fault

haha..
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreen-Akrore For This Useful Post:
OzMan (April 11th, 2011)
  #7  
Unread February 27th, 2011, 11:58 PM
ClutztomerControl's Avatar
ClutztomerControl ClutztomerControl is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South of Heaven, West of Hell
Posts: 1,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreen-Akrore View Post
fuck this, I always come into this thread thinking it is something new to say about L.A. Nior and I always read this fucking post and go on a info spree off wikipedia reading one page to another, and its all you damn fault

haha..

i want to see some actual game play footage. The lack of any is discouraging.
  #8  
Unread February 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Kreen-Akrore Kreen-Akrore is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Here, There, Everywhere
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutztomerControl View Post
i want to see some actual game play footage. The lack of any is discouraging.
Yeah, but that's R* for you, always hiding it until a couple months before release.

Bastards
  #9  
Unread March 1st, 2011, 05:22 PM
ClutztomerControl's Avatar
ClutztomerControl ClutztomerControl is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South of Heaven, West of Hell
Posts: 1,448
Spoke to soon.

Hands on Preview.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...&mode=previews

x
  #10  
Unread March 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Kreen-Akrore Kreen-Akrore is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Here, There, Everywhere
Posts: 175
Excuse me, while I jizzzzz all over the damn place.

The game looks beyond amazing. And the new motion capture thing, I didn't notice too much until the scene of the interrogation where he said some words that flipped the bottom lip and the in-game character did that, amazing.

The searching and interrogating for clues sounds cool, maybe it'll be something like go at your own pace. And if you miss one day of following someone you have to find another contact.
Pretty excited
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreen-Akrore For This Useful Post:
ClutztomerControl (March 4th, 2011)
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:41 AM.


vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.