I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread June 9th, 2006, 08:55 PM

Blockbuster sucks!!!!

Hollywood Video is just as bad, though. I returned a movie once and the next ten times I went they kept telling me that the movie was still out, no matter how many times I went over to the shelf and showed them that it was already in their possession.

They also like to leave up signs with the old rental price on it. When you get up to the register the price has doubled and they refuse to honor the posted price. Isn't that illegal?

Personally, I think all Hollwood Video and Blockbuster do is provide rationalization for pirates. After all, I don't mind stealing from thieves. Do you?

Thanks for creating this website! Now if you could just do one for Earthlink and AOL. And Orbitz!
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:06 PM

Which is more likely here?

1) Five different international corporations are tring to screw you.

or

2) You believed their marketing BS and naively thought that you were going to get a much better deal than you did and/or made an honest mistake and are unwilling to explore that possibility.

Ten times eh? Something don't add up.
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
IHBB GOD

holy exaggeration batman!!!!

ten times? surely if that were the case it would have auto charged. here's a clue, we have a report that we process daily that is for movies that are FOUND ON SHELF.

The price doubled huh? sure it did. that is not possible. we raise prices by the cents, not the dollars....

and if, IF any of this is actually true, complain to the Store Manger....not us......
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:11 PM

I'm sorry, I don't really understand your question, but I think I'm gonna go with number one.

Thanks for caring!
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf4321
I'm sorry, I don't really understand your question, but I think I'm gonna go with number one.

Thanks for caring!
i was merely attempting to prove that you are full of shit. thats all, no caring involved.
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM

Is this website run by Hollywood Video? Just curious.
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Hollywood Video is just as bad, though. I returned a movie once and the next ten times I went they kept telling me that the movie was still out, no matter how many times I went over to the shelf and showed them that it was already in their possession.
Bullshit. The Found on Shelf report, run at least weekly, would have caught this... and if not, they would have correctedit when you pointed it out on the 2nd or 3rd time. Not tenth.

Quote:
They also like to leave up signs with the old rental price on it. When you get up to the register the price has doubled and they refuse to honor the posted price. Isn't that illegal?
Prices go down the longer the product is on the shelf. New Releases cost more than Favorites. Secondly, in every State I've done business in, what you describe is illegal, and retailers do everything in the power to prevent mismarked merchandise (the fines are huge!)

You probably just can't tell the difference between which products are marked as what. (Tip: the sign on the frontof the rack is forthe movies onthe frontof the rack, not the back!)

Quote:
Personally, I think all Hollwood Video and Blockbuster do is provide rationalization for pirates. After all, I don't mind stealing from thieves. Do you?
Then stop shopping there, asshat.
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Let's see how long it takes everyone to realize that he's talking about Hollywood.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks for caring!
Yeah, video store employees can make mistakes but how can an international corporation stay in business if their policy is to screw over thier customers? They have an extensive system of daily checks that is designed to catch those mistakes that includes a complete inventory of everything in the store each quarter. I couldn't possibly calculate the number of times that in my 16 year history of working in this industry that I have dealt with customers that honestly believe they are correct when they claim to have returned a rental item only to later find the item in the 'one' place they didn't look.

Also, many times I have returned a customers call to let them know that in fact it was our mistake and that the item in question was Found On Shelf. That is the long and short of it. If it is the video stores error then 99 out of 100 times it is easily correctible. The rest of the time, chalk it it up to scatterbrained or disorganized or uninformed customers.

Just double check every place you can think of. You might be surprised what you find. If you had a sincere interest in discovering the truth you might well be searching right now for a recipie for serving crow.
Unread June 9th, 2006, 09:41 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys
Let's see how long it takes everyone to realize that he's talking about Hollywood.
it's called selective reading. apparently everyone is so used to BBI-bashing that they zeroed in on that and ignored the fact that OP was mainly bashing Hollywood. oh, well.

by the way asdf4321, look at the homepage. this is an anti-BBI customer run site.

RIP Dawd March 08, 2008