I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 10:28 AM
DavidNewlySL's Avatar
DavidNewlySL DavidNewlySL is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,807
Question for all the other sm's

Do your Rdo's and dm's make you drive out of ur way to another store at 8am in the morning, to go look at another store for an hr and a half to see what a store should look like, then drive back to your store and work there to wait for the RDO to come visit your store?

I nthe past 3 weeks, we have had to go to PA for the meeting for the CEO, go to the DBr which was an hr away in dunkirk, and of course now this, and we do not get reimbursed for the gas we are using.
__________________
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
  #2  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 10:34 AM
BBVcasualposter's Avatar
BBVcasualposter BBVcasualposter is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,682
This happens generally if your RDO or DM arent exactly impressed with your store. Its kind of their attempt to say get yours looking like this, as opposed to writing someone up and putting them on an action plan. Paperwork can be a bit of an annoyance especially when they could use their time more constructively. From my personal experience, 25% of the SM's and DM's pay for what the other 75% just cant or wont do right.

My store used to be one everyone else had to visit, lol
__________________
Kawliga: You know my uncle Jerry Sandusky
  #3  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 10:37 AM
DavidNewlySL's Avatar
DavidNewlySL DavidNewlySL is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
This happens generally if your RDO or DM arent exactly impressed with your store. Its kind of their attempt to say get yours looking like this, as opposed to writing someone up and putting them on an action plan. Paperwork can be a bit of an annoyance especially when they could use their time more constructively. From my personal experience, 25% of the SM's and DM's pay for what the other 75% just cant or wont do right.

My store used to be one everyone else had to visit, lol
Well no that isnt true, they havent been to my store in awhile and my last non-negotiable was almost flawless, I am saying that they want all 15 store managers in our district to go to this store and look around, It is merely a waste of time.
__________________
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
  #4  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Ridge's Avatar
Ridge Ridge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mount Clemens, MI
Posts: 447
Wonder what your DM would do if you called him and said "Sorry, can't make it. I don't have the money for gas."
  #5  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 10:51 AM
BBVcasualposter's Avatar
BBVcasualposter BBVcasualposter is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,682
Non-negotiables only cover a limited few areas, [another of BB's (this bb isnt blockbuster)babies im surprised didnt go with him] . They dont exactly cover overall store appearance and condition just some areas.

They obviously dont think the other 14 meet the overall beauty and marketing standard of this one store, otherwise all 14 wouldnt be going.
__________________
Kawliga: You know my uncle Jerry Sandusky
  #6  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Propoxy Propoxy is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,251
Is this that "Model Store" BS my DM was babbling about awhile ago?

You should be paid mileage, though.
  #7  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
powerbait powerbait is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 815
Yeah, we had a model store in our district when I was there.
  #8  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 08:28 PM
DavidNewlySL's Avatar
DavidNewlySL DavidNewlySL is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
Non-negotiables only cover a limited few areas, [another of BB's (this bb isnt blockbuster)babies im surprised didnt go with him] . They dont exactly cover overall store appearance and condition just some areas.

They obviously dont think the other 14 meet the overall beauty and marketing standard of this one store, otherwise all 14 wouldnt be going.
lol I dont think this is by far a model store, they got a 35% at the last audit of the store. Im not sure, it is the DTSM store tho.

Well, my store included, was visited by the Vice President, and the only problems he could find were just placement of the que towers, which was where my rdo told me to put them, and the "U" code rentals, 2 of them had 2 day stickers on them, when they came out that week, so i dont think i need to go look at another store.
__________________
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
  #9  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 08:30 PM
DavidNewlySL's Avatar
DavidNewlySL DavidNewlySL is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,807
Plus this is a volume 1 store that I am quite surprised is still open, it is right between four volume 2 stores, it is probably easy as pie to run, so if they did have everything in line i wouldnt be surprised, not to mention they get trainees and extra hours and employees to do it all in. they can go over 60 hrs and it is okay.
__________________
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
  #10  
Unread November 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM
BBVcasualposter's Avatar
BBVcasualposter BBVcasualposter is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,682
Seems like you have all the answers. So I wont comment anything else for you to refute.
__________________
Kawliga: You know my uncle Jerry Sandusky
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:41 AM.


vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.