I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM

They took away all the hours they told us we could have to market/prepare for this event and now SMs are the only ones who can go run around picking up items for this because it is working off the clock if we do it! We have 2 people scheduled MAX for this Sunday family day crap-and during our busiest time on Sunday daytime we only have 1 person working!!!!!! Our dropbox has been BAD on Sat/Sun lately-when will we have time for games, coloring, crafts, bouncey houses, playing hostess, giving tours and filling empty food bowls and still be able to do what we are there to do-rent and check in movies....I see a huge clusterfuck of a weekend directly in front of me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (November 20th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (November 17th, 2011), inkedangel (November 17th, 2011), katiebell (November 17th, 2011)
Unread November 17th, 2011, 11:34 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVSTARMAKER View Post
i've heard 2 stores in my district are having a radio station attending the events.
That must be an awfully small town...
Unread November 17th, 2011, 03:16 PM

For all of you who lost hours for this event...I say you should change this shit. Have a day of telling corporate to shove it up their asses!

Run a normal shift....if it was advertised or people thought it was going to happen then tell them you canceled the event because corporate decided to screw you all over in available hours. Give them the e-mail to make complaints.

I could not hold this event for corporate if they were going to screw me like this. I've said this in other posts...you either take a stand or become a doormat.

Do something and make a point

or

stop complaining and let them wipe their feet on you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freemason220 For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (November 18th, 2011), katiebell (November 18th, 2011)
Unread November 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
IHBB GOD

That's easy for you to say. You're a freemason
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelloItsMeMOM For This Useful Post:
Freemason220 (November 18th, 2011), zooworker (November 18th, 2011)
Unread November 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM

Haha...

been awhile since i've seen anything here to make me laugh.

I understand people have the freedom to complain, but I do find it trivial if they do nothing for themselves. There has to be a line drawn in the sand. There has to be a limit to the madness that is corporate America, or Blockbuster as we limit it to here.

Sometimes you need to take a risk. What good is it to complain and do nothing? What will that accomplish? How will that bring about change that is needed?

Come together. Start out as a team among members of this board and grow it to well beyond that. It isn't impossible, and it isn't something they can ignore if you gain enough support. We all know DAMN well that the regular Joe's and Jill's working at Blockbuster can't stand the way they are being treated by the scumbags sitting in their nice offices in Texas and Colorado. You bust your ass every God Damn week to make your petty sales goals and keep your stores afloat and for what?! To be told time and time again that it isn't enough, and that you aren't doing what needs to be done.

Get people on your side, and do something! Stand up or sit down. Make a choice though because doing nothing accomplishes nothing.

I know that most on this board are better then to sit down though. I read the passion in your posts every week. I understand the anger and frustration pouring out of you.

Will you lose your job? Maybe, but what future do you honestly see in this company with the direction they are going? Change happens all around us, and there no reason why it can't happen in this company if enough people say that enough is enough.

I stand with all of you here against most of these irresponsible corporate decisions. Never forget that you are the backbone of this company, and you are the reason why it still exists. Without you in the stores, there would be no customers and likewise no Blockbuster.

I want to see something finally done about this. It is beyond time for change, or it is time for this company to finally die.
Unread November 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
IHBB GOD

had fun running our cod mw3 tourney today. about 25 people signed up early and we had 8 lol. it was cool, mostly youngens...
Unread November 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM

We actually gave up on the tournament. Our ps3 kept freezing. Eventually, it wouldn't turn back on at all. We had about 20 people sign up. Only 2 showed up on time, plus a few stragglers an hour late. So much for that.
Unread November 20th, 2011, 04:35 AM

Our PS3 died too, right before the tournament started. We had about 20 people there already. Our DM's solution--borrow one from one of the contestants that lived right up the block. I don't know why he let us use it, but the poor guy didn't even place high enough to get a poster so he got a free soda for helping us out.

And I just want to say, if one more customer yells at us because we're collecting food for the food pantry, I think I'll probably lose it. How dare we try to do something nice.

Or if they complain that we don't have a big enough of a variety of cookies and other snacks to choose from. THEY'RE FREE!!! To thank you for being a customer! Do these people go to their friends parties and whine because they don't offer them double-stuffed oreos?

Maybe I'm just sleep deprived this morning, and maybe it's because I hate kids, but I am not looking forward to day 3 of this mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to NowImNothing For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (November 20th, 2011)
Unread November 20th, 2011, 05:23 AM

Thank God I didn't have to deal with the game tourney. We didn't even get to partnering with a charity -why would people even know to bring in food or a toy for the different drives??? Double-Stuffed Oreos..that's food gold compared to the dreck my boss cheaped out and bought. Today is family day with games and I hope those little fuckers throw the game pieces all over the store so my SM can pick that shit up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (November 20th, 2011), johnlow71 (November 20th, 2011)
Unread November 20th, 2011, 08:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Well our Mw3 tournament was EPIC

We didn't have a lot of people but 90% were my friends that i haven't seen a while but we had a blast! It was kinda funny because we a lot of noise and customers customers kept asking "whats going?" and the employee reply "oh its the call of duty tournament. The Dish rep wanted to play so badly but couldn't lol. oh man it felt good being on the clock and doing this tournament. it lasted 3 hours We gotta do this some more

also our ps3 work fine since we got a new one before the tournament lol