I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM

So I was reading this article online tonight and part of it kind of doesn't really make sense. They talk about the amount of stores closing and when the calculate the total number of stores open in the US, they use the numbers from the UK stores closing to come up with the total amount of stores remaining open to about 400... figured I would post the article for others....

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/9301...kbuster-stores
Unread March 3rd, 2013, 06:21 PM

Apparently, the author of the article is under the impression that the 530 BB stores remaining also included 129 in the UK. With those 129 UK stores closing, that would leave 401. Hmmmm... so are there really 530 BB stores left in the US, or is it really 401? Unfortunately, it isn't possible to get a listing of all BB locations using Blockbuster.com's location-search function. Ironically, though, it probably won't be too much longer before Dish makes another closing-round announcement.
Unread March 3rd, 2013, 09:09 PM

Yeah my thoughts as well. The numbers just don't jive. Would he nice if we could get hold of a list like last year.
Unread March 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM

Why doesn't Dish just release a list of closing stores? Are they embarrassed to admit that all those stores are closing?
Unread March 6th, 2013, 06:58 AM
IHBB GOD

None left her in a city of 400,000
The top Poster!