I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM

I think the cc thing is a good idea:

-You don't have to physically handle the cc. I love customers who give you suspicious looks when you ask for cc like it's the most bizarre request in the world and I'm obviously trying to swindle them.

-Less complaints from account holders whose card is on file for X, Y or Z piling up late fees that the account holder has to pay for.

-Now people that aren't account holders can rent games if a card isn't on file.

-Less headaches from late fees on people's accounts that weren't charged to the main cc on file during the sweep, who I have to hear complaining about the late fees as they pay it in the store.

-Now (I think) people can rent D.A.s without having to store a card on file. The people who want a D.A. who don't already have a card on file may be the most ridiculous. How many have I lost a D.A. sale because someone wouldn't put a cc "on file" because they're suspicious of what I'll do with it. Now, I can just tell them it's for this one transaction.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky me For This Useful Post:
bbthompsonhaus (July 23rd, 2010)
Unread July 21st, 2010, 05:37 PM
IHBB Freak

is it just for this transaction? or does it work like setting up passes does? one slides the card to activate the pass and have it save to autocharge the pass each month. then it asks the employee if they'd like to update the current credit card on file with this new one.

is it doing the same thing with this new thing except asking the customer if they'd like to update their account with the new card, or is it just for this transaction?
Unread July 21st, 2010, 06:22 PM

There is no way I'd trust some antiquated system like Blockbuster with my credit card information in a new system they are trying to use that inevitably will have bugs in it.
Unread July 21st, 2010, 06:37 PM

Wrong thread!
Unread July 21st, 2010, 07:41 PM
IHBB GOD

i want to know the same thing as wheresmikey.

where is the card information being stored? on the account or on the transaction id?
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
wheresmikey (July 21st, 2010)
Unread July 21st, 2010, 08:21 PM

Pretty much I'll only be using cash at the Blockbuster anymore...Too creepy if they start tracking all sorts of CC numbers with that archaic system.
Unread July 21st, 2010, 08:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Person 1: Talking to freind "hey, got an idea , lets go rent some movies. Anyone have an acct?"
Person 2: " I do I'll go get them "
Person 1: " here take my debit card, I'll pay. Get about 4 of them and Bluray to"
Person 2: ""good deal man"

4 weeks later Person 1 gets notice in mail for large overdraft fees.
It appears Person 2 rented on his acct with Person 1's Debit card. And the CSR updated the acct with it, and he never brought them back.

This is something that can really happen a lot.
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AfricahereIcome (July 22nd, 2010), TheShooter87 (July 22nd, 2010)
Unread July 21st, 2010, 08:45 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Person 1: Talking to freind "hey, got an idea , lets go rent some movies. Anyone have an acct?"
Person 2: " I do I'll go get them "
Person 1: " here take my debit card, I'll pay. Get about 4 of them and Bluray to"
Person 2: ""good deal man"

4 weeks later Person 1 gets notice in mail for large overdraft fees.
It appears Person 2 rented on his acct with Person 1's Debit card. And the CSR updated the acct with it, and he never brought them back.

This is something that can really happen a lot.
and in no way is blockbuster at fault. right?
AfricahereIcome (July 22nd, 2010)
Unread July 22nd, 2010, 08:45 PM

I think my DM forwarded an email from higher up saying they still have to have a card on file to rent games. I don't remember, because I just ignored it since we're not in the test market for this.

It'd be nice if people could swipe their card to update the one on the account. I mean, we can do it that way when they get a pass. Why not all the time?
Unread July 22nd, 2010, 08:56 PM

It actually should make life easier for employees once the customer understands. Think about it, not have to ask members to update the credit card every time. Actually something the store employees and members ask for.

It is also the way Blockbuster Express and redbox works and customers like it. Maybe I am just only looking at the positive side here, but I think it is great.