I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 8th, 2010, 04:40 PM
IHBB GOD

CSR vs Management

I just wanted to give some advice to you people. I read something disterbing that the storemanger blamed a lesser individual for the store's problems.

So the main point is that if you are a CSR; management is your enemy. They are not your friend. Line workers (CSR) and Management should never comingle the way they do in the store. Its bad for the lesser person on the todem pole. You are the CSR you are the lowest on the todem pole you are everyone's punching bag. Do not let them make you thier bitch. Distance yourself from the management team or the higher ups.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread December 8th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Then they are not a good manager! I would not blame my employees if they failed. It's my job to make sure they don't and if they do I am as much to blame.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spohiesmom2008 For This Useful Post:
sar94pga (December 14th, 2010)
Unread December 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
I just wanted to give some advice to you people. I read something disterbing that the storemanger blamed a lesser individual for the store's problems.

So the main point is that if you are a CSR; management is your enemy. They are not your friend. Line workers (CSR) and Management should never comingle the way they do in the store. Its bad for the lesser person on the todem pole. You are the CSR you are the lowest on the todem pole you are everyone's punching bag. Do not let them make you thier bitch. Distance yourself from the management team or the higher ups.
This person should not be a manager.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
Ninja (December 11th, 2010), sar94pga (December 14th, 2010)
Unread December 9th, 2010, 12:00 AM
IHBB GOD

i would never take a management position at Blockbuster. i have no desire to take responsibility for this company. i do what i do as a representative of my store, NOT this company. managers, on the otherhand, have some explaining to do.

but that being said, i'm friendly with all my managers. managers talk amongst their selves and of course you may become the subject of their conversation, but that's how it goes anywhere.

=3
Unread December 9th, 2010, 04:34 AM

it must be a thing just at you store. everyone is real cool at my store, we all have the same mindset, keep the upper ups happy, and everything is good.
Unread December 9th, 2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:

This is a pretty poor post. Not to sure what it's trying to accomplish. I think your talking about the post where the SM said he almost got fired for a CSR's actions? This is fairly common though. SM's will get threatened with termination for the actions of their employees because they are in charge. Store looks like shit while SM was on vacation? It's still the SM's ass that is going to get grilled. Just like the SM was probably hearing it from his DM about the mystery shop when the SM was not even at the store.

If anything be your MOD's friend. It works out so much better. Any "hardass" MOD that uses a CSR as a punching bag needs to realize its BB. At the same time, CSR's must know if they disregard something like say greeting a mystery shopper, the MOD gets blamed for not properly enforcing the rules, he is going to be pissed.

As a S/L I got blamed for stuff CSR's forgot to do. Better believe I told them about the 8am phone call I got on my day off and made sure they knew I got blamed for their fuck up.
Unread December 10th, 2010, 05:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlows View Post
This is a pretty poor post. Not to sure what it's trying to accomplish. I think your talking about the post where the SM said he almost got fired for a CSR's actions? This is fairly common though. SM's will get threatened with termination for the actions of their employees because they are in charge. Store looks like shit while SM was on vacation? It's still the SM's ass that is going to get grilled. Just like the SM was probably hearing it from his DM about the mystery shop when the SM was not even at the store.

If anything be your MOD's friend. It works out so much better. Any "hardass" MOD that uses a CSR as a punching bag needs to realize its BB. At the same time, CSR's must know if they disregard something like say greeting a mystery shopper, the MOD gets blamed for not properly enforcing the rules, he is going to be pissed.

As a S/L I got blamed for stuff CSR's forgot to do. Better believe I told them about the 8am phone call I got on my day off and made sure they knew I got blamed for their fuck up.
Whate fuck planet do you live on. You contridict yourself. You blame others, aka your friends. I would hate to be your friend. Your a fucking rat.

Its called real world line workers do not converse with management in an informal manor. In an autoshop or kitchen your manager or hospitel management tells you what to do. Your not there to befriend them because they will replace you with someone else. Its stupid to catch a feelings.

Cashiers try and suck up or try to make friends its fucking pointless because people like you will back stab them instead of covering for them.

Management covers for management. Cashiers should cover for cashiers. (line workers should cover for line workers.) When you befriend management you get fucked over they will use you.

All I am saying is dont think as management as your friend. The past doesn't lie.

Also, who the fuck are you to judge my posts?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; December 10th, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Unread December 10th, 2010, 08:54 PM

we work at Blockbuster hot head, it's a bit different. I am friendly to my entire staff, i think they are all great people. I don't hang out with them outside of work, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't.
Unread December 11th, 2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Whate fuck planet do you live on. You contridict yourself. You blame others, aka your friends. I would hate to be your friend. Your a fucking rat.

Its called real world line workers do not converse with management in an informal manor. In an autoshop or kitchen your manager or hospitel management tells you what to do. Your not there to befriend them because they will replace you with someone else. Its stupid to catch a feelings.

Cashiers try and suck up or try to make friends its fucking pointless because people like you will back stab them instead of covering for them.

Management covers for management. Cashiers should cover for cashiers. (line workers should cover for line workers.) When you befriend management you get fucked over they will use you.

All I am saying is dont think as management as your friend. The past doesn't lie.

Also, who the fuck are you to judge my posts?
Alright dumb fuck, do I need to break this down for you or maybe you could just improve your reading comprehension skills. I blame my friends when it is their fault. Like I should. Let me give you an example. I had a friend of mine lock of the doors 5 minutes early while I was in the back room. I had no idea but I got called out on it by my SM when someone bitched about it later because they came 2 minutes before close and couldn't get in. Does it make me a rat to tell my friend to NEVER close early again because I don't want to get blamed for it again? No.

I grab beers after work with a few of my CSR's. I have many of them over to play COD all night. I'm their friend, but I also expect them to do what needs to be done at the store so I don't get chewed out. But I'm just an S/L, not really "management", but I do get blamed if something goes wrong.

Finally, do you even work at Blockbuster? Most store management is great, its corporate that we hate. Telling people not to be friends with their ASM/SM is so fucking dumb and probably the worst advice I've ever heard on this forum.
Unread December 11th, 2010, 09:27 AM
IHBB Freak

How can we end up not being friendly with our employees?
I spend almost 40 hrs a week with some of those people and that's more than I see my significant other! With work, driving, practice and sleep, I've got very little time to do much else.
I'm a manager and I'm either nice with my employees or I don't say much haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja For This Useful Post:
wheresmikey (December 11th, 2010)