I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM
IHBB GOD

NR Wall

The other day I walked in and went to the Blueray NR section and it was gone! They now have blended in all the NR Blueray with regular DVD's. That pissed me off. As a Bluray renter it was so much better to go to the section and pick out what I wanted and then check out the wall for anything not on Bluray. Now it's a pain in the ass to find what is new on Bluray. I don't like it and my freinds don't like it.
I also would think more people without Bluray will be bringing up Bluray to rent and causing more credits .....

GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...way to go BBI fucked your customers again....
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (June 28th, 2011)
Unread June 28th, 2011, 06:49 AM

I already hate it, and we've yet to actually change our wall. We're stuck on stickering still cause, guess what, they didn't send us enough Top Pick stickers!

Not that this makes up for it, but the POS updates coming out are rather exciting...or as exciting as anything gets around here. Auto comment box popping up for credits, reminding you when a customer has already checked something out, seems like the Jedi Council is doing something progressive and useful.
Unread June 28th, 2011, 07:05 AM

The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Autosale For This Useful Post:
farmface (June 28th, 2011)
Unread June 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post
I already hate it, and we've yet to actually change our wall. We're stuck on stickering still cause, guess what, they didn't send us enough Top Pick stickers!

Not that this makes up for it, but the POS updates coming out are rather exciting...or as exciting as anything gets around here. Auto comment box popping up for credits, reminding you when a customer has already checked something out, seems like the Jedi Council is doing something progressive and useful.
Pos is short for piece of shit. Not point of sale Just fyi lmao

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
its_me_ASM69 (June 28th, 2011)
Unread June 28th, 2011, 07:37 AM
IHBB Freak

I like mixing the blu-ray. It forces my customers to walk the entire wall, so they don't miss out on the smaller dvd-only titles. Plus it cuts down on walk-outs as they're more likely to pick up a dvd since it's right next to the empty blu-ray spot.

We've been doing this for awhile, and only had a few issues right at first. But as long as the csrs are double checking, it shouldn't be a big deal. Don't underestimate your customers' intelligence. (Although I know that's sometimes difficult!)
Unread June 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM
IHBB GOD

You don't see best fusing their blurays with their dvds. Its doesn't seem organized
Unread June 28th, 2011, 09:16 AM

Blu-ray rental is mixed with DVD rentals and has been at my store for over a year now..... blu-ray retail is separated from the DVD retail tho........ and yep..... if you don't ASK each and every customer who brings up a blu-ray if they actually HAVE a blu-ray player, you're gonna have credits. Some people STILL don't know about blu-rays
Unread June 28th, 2011, 11:23 AM

it amazes me too that some people don't realize a Blu-ray player also plays DVD's.
Unread June 28th, 2011, 11:30 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
I like mixing the blu-ray. It forces my customers to walk the entire wall, so they don't miss out on the smaller dvd-only titles. Plus it cuts down on walk-outs as they're more likely to pick up a dvd since it's right next to the empty blu-ray spot.
Look, If I don't find it in the Bluray section then I'll walk the wall.and pick up[ a DVD..Your Bluray customers now have the hassle of trying to find them on the wall. It was easier since not everything comes out on Bluray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
it amazes me too that some people don't realize a Blu-ray player also plays DVD's.
Yes we do know that, asshole............
The top Poster!
Unread June 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by underemployed View Post
Yes we do know that, asshole............
whaaaa? Is my sarcasm detector failing? I was serious you know! I've had customers come in looking for a movie on Blu-ray and when I tell them we're out of Blu-ray but got loads of DVD's they have said "no, I only have a blu-ray player, not a DVD player."

BTW I think the idea of mixing Blu-Ray with DVD is dumb, but isn't that what they did years ago mixing DVD with VHS? Maybe it will lead to more people getting interested and purchasing a BRD player.