I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM

Help with the Insurance Premium Rebate...

Long time no see!

I got a letter in the mail awhile ago about a rebate for health insurance from 2011, and it said I needed to contact my employer. I put it off awhile...but now I want to find out if I still can get that rebate.

The letter said that for employer insurance, the rebate would be given to the employer, who'd then decide how to distribute it to their employees. In many cases the employer may put it back into the insurance for 2012 to lower the costs rather than distribute checks.

The problem is...I left BB and all the stores here have closed down and now that Dish owns BB all the contact stuff is probably different than before. So I have no idea who to contact or where to find who to contact. Can anyone here help me? tia
Unread November 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM
IHBB GOD

I really doubt if if you will see any of that money, dish will take it and apply it toward what they pay....
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (November 28th, 2012)
Unread November 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
IHBB GOD

Exact date plz

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Exact date plz
Say what?
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (November 28th, 2012)
Unread November 29th, 2012, 01:45 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Say what?
Abandend stop riding on zooworker coat tales and it shows how much anyone one knows about what I was going for. There are 12 monthis in 2011 and if the op wanted help should of been more specific. Now that people ask tomany questions I dont want to help.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Basically the letter stated that there was a 1 or 2 % rebate for insurance paid in 2011 but it was only for the insurance paid thru BBI until that end date of 6/30/12. It said something about it most likely getting back to the current insurance which is kinda hard to do since BBI is gone... if you get anything it will only be a couple bucks back with what the percentage of the overpayment was.
Unread November 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
IHBB GOD

Am i getting any money out of this......
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (November 29th, 2012)
Unread November 29th, 2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
Am i getting any money out of this......
They are going to pay you back with coupons
The Following User Says Thank You to sarge For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (December 1st, 2012)
Unread November 29th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Exact date plz
I got the letter some months ago this year, and it said it was for the entire 2011 year. I'll take any help I can get, but I'm mostly looking for a BB contact number that I could call if any of you might know the best number to get help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedangel View Post
Basically the letter stated that there was a 1 or 2 % rebate for insurance paid in 2011 but it was only for the insurance paid thru BBI until that end date of 6/30/12. It said something about it most likely getting back to the current insurance which is kinda hard to do since BBI is gone... if you get anything it will only be a couple bucks back with what the percentage of the overpayment was.
Mine said it was for 2011, not until 6/30/12. Also, at first I also thought the same, only a few dollars probably, but I looked around online and googled about this rebate thing and it looks like most people getting a direct refund are getting a few hundred dollars each...definitely worth getting back for me! I guess through employer insurance that money's usually used to make the next years's insurance cheaper, but I'm not with BB anymore so I should get a refund check from them I hope. But it's all so confused...BB got bought out and corporate changed and moved, all the stores here are closed, I have no idea who to talk to in the company about it.
Unread November 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Send a PM to Blockbusterstore482. He doesn't come around much anymore but he is probably your best bet for finding an answer.