I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
IHBB GOD

yeah when my mustang engine go's i hope to replace with v8.
Unread January 26th, 2013, 04:53 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Afraid who will know who you are? Fuck the nice ride, we all have a ride.....I am having my 71' MGBGT restored as I post Now that's a nice ride...oh pulling the 4 cyl. an putting in a small block v8
This type of car in which you state

VS

Remember my car is a forced induction ls7. Doesnt matter if your car has a rocket on the back its done; cooked by my car.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; January 26th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
Unread January 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
yeah when my mustang engine go's i hope to replace with v8.
yes most mustang owners replace it with ls1. HAHAH a gm engine.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread January 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
IHBB GOD

So working in La Jolla, there were a decent number of famous people who came in. I guess it's finally safe to name some. My favorite famous customer was Charlize Theron, who came in really late to get her movies, and was super friendly and chatty. Also Ben Affleck and Donnie Wahlberg came in once to rent a bunch of games. When they came in, my CSR got excited and pulled up his account (he was already in our system) and saw he owed a $4 balance. She begged me to credit it off because she didn't want to bother him with it-- I said no, so then she insisted that I let her pay it for him. I refused to let her do that and so when they came up to the counter to pay, she mentioned the fee and he was all "that's cool." (duh)

I've been sitting on this story though. And I'm still not sure I want to tell it-- even though ihbb is ending, I am still going to withhold his name. One of our regulars was a very famous TV personality (you would all know him). He was kind of a dick, but you wouldn't know it from his TV persona. This one time he came in wearing only his jogging stuff, had no ID or anything but just the cash to rent a couple of movies. However, my CSR decides to play it straight and refuses to rent to him because he doesn't have his ID. So I hear this going on, but I'm with my own customer, and I'm about to go over and say it's ok, because I (and everyone in the store) knows who he is. But when I get over there, before I can even open my mouth, the man goes off on me asking me what kind of business this is. Then he applies the worst logic I've ever heard: he said what if he brought his ID in, but the cash wasn't his.. he could have mugged someone for the cash. I shook my head in confusion at his point, but was overall taken aback that he didn't even give me a chance to say "it's ok, I recognize you, you can rent." He then said "doesn't either of you know who I am?" I was getting frustrated. I wanted to say to the rest of the customers: "excuse me? Does anyone recognize this man? He doesn't know who he is.." but I never had a moment to get a word in. He threw (yes, threw) his movies behind the counter and left. The customer behind him said "wow, was that <so and so>?"

A week later, his assistant called and asked that all record of "Mr. Assface's account be purged." I told her as she was clearly not Mr. Assface, I would not confirm nor deny the existence of his business with us.

Steve Mariucci also came in from time to time and was a very interesting conversationalist.
AbandonedDreams (January 26th, 2013), Antithesys (January 27th, 2013), djblade (January 29th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (January 26th, 2013), johnlow71 (January 26th, 2013), NowImNothing (April 1st, 2013), sar94pga (February 4th, 2013), SpiceCake (January 26th, 2013)
Unread January 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
i wasnt gonna take part in this but i want to be in the movie about this site when it is made and hit big screen as well i should be in it.

opened the first store in my town, worked at a video store called prime time video for like 2 yrs thru high school. Heard bbv was coming into town and boom saw $$$$$ raise.

Had to start off as csr but eventually managed store. Left after 3 N 1/2 yrs because didnt get raise i was asking for, yeah i roll like that.

Then was happy working another job for quite some time. Came back into bbv in july 04 because needed the part time work and cash. (im not rich)

So ive seen like 5 stores close the last few years and theres actually 1 left but well see wether i tear that one down .

I enjoyed my job and this site as you well know, it just worked for me. Gonna miss the free rentals and some great times, friends, and customers.

Where done march 31st.

My town naples, florida

My name john lowery

Please put me in the film hollywood!

And who would you like to play you in the movie, Mr. Jlow?
Unread January 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
So working in La Jolla, there were a decent number of famous people who came in. I guess it's finally safe to name some. My favorite famous customer was Charlize Theron, who came in really late to get her movies, and was super friendly and chatty. Also Ben Affleck and Donnie Wahlberg came in once to rent a bunch of games. When they came in, my CSR got excited and pulled up his account (he was already in our system) and saw he owed a $4 balance. She begged me to credit it off because she didn't want to bother him with it-- I said no, so then she insisted that I let her pay it for him. I refused to let her do that and so when they came up to the counter to pay, she mentioned the fee and he was all "that's cool." (duh)

I've been sitting on this story though. And I'm still not sure I want to tell it-- even though ihbb is ending, I am still going to withhold his name. One of our regulars was a very famous TV personality (you would all know him). He was kind of a dick, but you wouldn't know it from his TV persona. This one time he came in wearing only his jogging stuff, had no ID or anything but just the cash to rent a couple of movies. However, my CSR decides to play it straight and refuses to rent to him because he doesn't have his ID. So I hear this going on, but I'm with my own customer, and I'm about to go over and say it's ok, because I (and everyone in the store) knows who he is. But when I get over there, before I can even open my mouth, the man goes off on me asking me what kind of business this is. Then he applies the worst logic I've ever heard: he said what if he brought his ID in, but the cash wasn't his.. he could have mugged someone for the cash. I shook my head in confusion at his point, but was overall taken aback that he didn't even give me a chance to say "it's ok, I recognize you, you can rent." He then said "doesn't either of you know who I am?" I was getting frustrated. I wanted to say to the rest of the customers: "excuse me? Does anyone recognize this man? He doesn't know who he is.." but I never had a moment to get a word in. He threw (yes, threw) his movies behind the counter and left. The customer behind him said "wow, was that <so and so>?"

A week later, his assistant called and asked that all record of "Mr. Assface's account be purged." I told her as she was clearly not Mr. Assface, I would not confirm nor deny the existence of his business with us.

Steve Mariucci also came in from time to time and was a very interesting conversationalist.

I wanna know who Mr. Assface is!
If we guess will you tell us?
Unread January 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Or better yet can you PM us so we can bask in the knowledge that yet another Hollywood star is really an ass?

I promise not to tell anyone.

Please?

Pretty please?

With sugar on top?

Last edited by HelloItsMeMOM; January 26th, 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: I wanted to beg for the info :)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HelloItsMeMOM For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (January 27th, 2013), Baby Firefly (January 28th, 2013), inkedangel (January 26th, 2013)
Unread January 26th, 2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post

You've got us hooked, rk237 -- you have to tell us!

Is it an actor? A television host? Regis Philbin? Montel? Ryan Seacrest?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpiceCake For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (January 28th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (January 27th, 2013), inkedangel (January 26th, 2013)
Unread January 26th, 2013, 08:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Brian griffin of family guy:0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (January 27th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (January 27th, 2013), inkedangel (January 26th, 2013)
Unread January 27th, 2013, 04:59 AM
IHBB GOD

Fred Rogers?

Randy Jackson?

Jack Hanna?

NPH?