I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 5th, 2011, 06:21 PM

That would be pretty cool if everything dropped to .99! That would be a crazy ass week!
Unread February 6th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Well, shame on you, guy who did the exact same thing we all did! Hiding the movies so the customers couldn't buy them! How dare you, sir?
Unread February 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZappa View Post
Well, shame on you, guy who did the exact same thing we all did! Hiding the movies so the customers couldn't buy them! How dare you, sir?
lol, they should of bought movies before we closed down. We didnt hide them then.
Unread February 10th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to BBW[BlockBusterWorker] Send a message via Skype™ to BBW[BlockBusterWorker]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
I doubt it. I would be willing to bet all customer information is transfered. They aren't going to miss out on a chance to collect revenue. Server hard drives would be sent off and all information would be pulled and sent to collection agencies.
I remember when the stores in my area were closing their SM/ASM would come with their backup tapes and add in their customer accounts into our system which included members with balances.
Unread February 16th, 2011, 10:59 AM
IHBB Freak

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEZ View Post
There's not even enough time for that to happen... If you rent on the last day, the stores only there for another 1-2 months... once they take out the computers all balances are wiped out.
Forget "erasing balances": I took my debit card off my account when I got fired, and used free rentals to get BSI rentals, two days before they stopped rentals. That was two weeks ago.

Today, I checked my bank balance online. They still got me. Lucky they were all cheap movies!

So...my final word is: they will get you for rent-n-run.
Unread February 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post
Forget "erasing balances": I took my debit card off my account when I got fired, and used free rentals to get BSI rentals, two days before they stopped rentals. That was two weeks ago.

Today, I checked my bank balance online. They still got me. Lucky they were all cheap movies!

Did you rent them and then take your debit card off your account? Or did you take it off before before you rented them?
The Following User Says Thank You to chapter11buster For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (February 16th, 2011)
Unread February 16th, 2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW[BlockBusterWorker] View Post
I remember when the stores in my area were closing their SM/ASM would come with their backup tapes and add in their customer accounts into our system which included members with balances.
Yeah they used to do that, they transferred customer information, but it would just be their accounts, not the balances or rental histories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of AtlanticVamp View Post

Well, let me first say, that in the state I work in, we're not allowed to charge credit cards, so I guess that makes it easier. Although my managager recently told me that the DM had him talk to some customers from closed stores about their balances. So maybe Blockbuster finally wised up and is gonna try to collect those balances.
Unread February 16th, 2011, 05:25 PM
IHBB GOD

yeah, ghost you have to remember how the new rental transactions system works. it links your rental transaction to the card that was used/on the account. so you should have removed the card information or got rid of that account before renting them.

=3
Unread February 16th, 2011, 07:00 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter11buster View Post
Did you rent them and then take your debit card off your account? Or did you take it off before before you rented them?
I took it off a year ago, the night I got fired. I watched the SL who was working remove it, since she was a friend, and she thought I got shafted. Guess it didn't cover everything after all! I really am thinking about tracking down some of the folks I dismissed as loonies and apologizing for not believing them when they came in complaining that we'd charged them without having their credit card info on their account!

In further #92588 news: after the past week was $7.99 and less, they are due to mark things down again on Monday! I also hit them up for a free month of Total Access and got my free PRP movie. Remind me to cancel my free month trial...

Last edited by Ghost of AtlanticVamp; February 16th, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
Unread February 17th, 2011, 02:21 PM

Do they still only discount blu-ray 15%??