I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 14th, 2011, 10:30 AM

"Good" or Better Retail companies to work

Alright, seeing as many people on here have recently found their stores closed and are looking for other jobs I figured we could start a list of places people should check out, as well as places people should stay away from...granted retail in general sucks there are definitely companies out there that are alot better than others.

Id recommend Best Buy, as i've heard they are pretty good to work for but that can depend largely on your managers.
Unread July 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosale View Post
Alright, seeing as many people on here have recently found their stores closed and are looking for other jobs I figured we could start a list of places people should check out, as well as places people should stay away from...granted retail in general sucks there are definitely companies out there that are alot better than others.

Id recommend Best Buy, as i've heard they are pretty good to work for but that can depend largely on your managers.
Best buy is like Blockbuster except you push credit cards to my knowledge. Also any Jon depends largely on the manager.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread July 14th, 2011, 10:44 AM

almost any retail job has you pushing something though
Unread July 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
IHBB GOD

i worked at best buy, i like it and was a sup there for a year. there on your a@@ just as much to sell at the level i was at but it comes with the pay and job, so if you like working in electronics and people then its fine work.
Unread July 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
IHBB GOD

I worked seasonal at Target last holiday, and it was great. Sales floor position keeps you busy with no real demands, and the cashier's only obligation is the red card which you only ask if it randomly prompts you.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread July 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Baby Firefly
I went to work at Wells Fargo. Better pay. No nights. No weekends. Paid holidays. They like people with sales experience but no banking experience...that way they can train you their way. I'm happy there.
Unread July 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM

I manage a Petco now and I could not be happier. It's nice to be a part of a growing business and not a floundering one and that atmosphere makes all the difference. I'd list off the benefits, but seriously, it's better than BBV in every conceivable way.

Well, except maybe that I have to pay $1 to rent a movie now instead of getting it free. But my salary and raises make up for that pretty well...

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 16th, 2011)
Unread July 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM

I thought of applying at PetSmart but I dont think I have a Petco near me
Unread July 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM

I was offered a store manager job at Gamestop today. Anyone manage a Gamestop before or know anybody who has?
Unread July 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
I manage a Petco now and I could not be happier. It's nice to be a part of a growing business and not a floundering one and that atmosphere makes all the difference. I'd list off the benefits, but seriously, it's better than BBV in every conceivable way.

Well, except maybe that I have to pay $1 to rent a movie now instead of getting it free. But my salary and raises make up for that pretty well...
Um weeny they on the brink of bankruptcy? ??????

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.