I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread November 29th, 2007, 12:17 PM
IHBB GOD

What about a new Blockbuster promotion like this: "Rent two new releases and get your shoes shined."

Redbox would have no answer!
Unread November 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
You have forgotten what I always say, MissH. Revenue doesn't matter, profits matter
Well of course, of course, of course...

I've no idea what goes into running a vending machine, in all honesty. But my point was - if I didn't make it very clearly - that Blockbuster shouldn't be fearing this too much. Even if they are very profitable, they aren't really going to take away an awful lot from the stores. So the fact they are on seemingly every street corner, I still don't think there is much to worry about.

Quote:
As for downloads, I think Apple is leading that market.
Probably. They have the package, really. They create a piece of hardware that's perfect for watching TV shows on, and then provide the medium to get those TV shows. TV shows are doing so well right now because they are small and simple. I can't really see a full-length feature film as being something you want on your iPod, but an episode of South Park to watch on your way to work? Absolutely.

In my eyes, Apple are already light-years ahead in this field, and can easily make the transition to rental-style film downloads, and create the technology to get them straight to the television. Unless Blockbuster can somehow merge with another company on this, I really do see them getting completely squeezed out in this area.
Unread November 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
What about a new Blockbuster promotion like this: "Rent two new releases and get your shoes shined."

Redbox would have no answer!
Actually, that might be one of the better things Redbox could do. Have you never seen those automated shoeshine machines?

Best thing would be to offer a free shoeshine with any rental of Underdog (let's see if anyone gets THAT reference )

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread November 29th, 2007, 12:26 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
In my eyes, Apple are already light-years ahead in this field, and can easily make the transition to rental-style film downloads, and create the technology to get them straight to the television. Unless Blockbuster can somehow merge with another company on this, I really do see them getting completely squeezed out in this area.
There are still rumours out there that (especially if BBI ends up in Chapter 11), Apple would be interested in buying BBI out and making the stores into a place to come and download movies onto your iPod, take them home, and hook up to the telly.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread November 29th, 2007, 12:29 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
There are still rumours out there that (especially if BBI ends up in Chapter 11), Apple would be interested in buying BBI out and making the stores into a place to come and download movies onto your iPod, take them home, and hook up to the telly.
Honestly... sounds like the best idea to me.

Now you know how much I love Blockbuster... ... but they SUCK at anything technological. They are always miles behind on the recent developments, and whenever they do move forward, they end up doing it years behind everyone else.

The thought of Blockbuster producing a television set-top box, or designing an interface for television is laughable. This isn't their area at all. Someone else has got to take this on, and if they want to survive post 2012, I think they're gonna need help from one of the big boys.

And why do I get the feeling Oz is spitting out his drink of the thought of Blockbuster still existing in 2012...?
Unread November 29th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Actually, that might be one of the better things Redbox could do. Have you never seen those automated shoeshine machines?

Best thing would be to offer a free shoeshine with any rental of Underdog (let's see if anyone gets THAT reference )
Unread December 3rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
I love Redbox. I've learned that whenever I go into blockbuster on the weekends to rent a new release, I have to get something that came out 2 or 3 weeks ago because all of the new product is checked out. Now that they took away my unlimited exchanges, I may just cancel my online altogether and go 100 % redbox.

All I ever got in the mail were shit movies anyway. I never even watched them.

I'll probably still stop by my local blockbuster for some popcorn or something, just so I can say hi to everyone, though.
Unread January 28th, 2008, 06:34 PM

Blockbuster threat #87

Update: 6,700 locations and 100M rentals thus far.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/new...ticle_ID=11972
Unread February 22nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...

YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED "DELIVERY" WHEN I TOLD YOU TO IDIOTS!! It probably wouldn't have worked but damn...what better ideas have come up since I suggested it???...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA