I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 9th, 2010, 10:15 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky me View Post
I'm not sure why Ninja replied to that a year later, but I have to agree with him. Late is late. If you're not sure about traffic and such, leave earlier. Better to be early than late. Then, on the rare occasion you get stuck in really bad traffic from a wreck or something, call and inform them you may be late and people will understand since you're usually always on time.

Distance isn't an excuse. At one point I was driving about 50 minutes each way (!) to work. It sucked, but I did it. I was usually 15 or more minutes early because I wanted to leave enough wiggle room in case of traffic. To me that's just being a responsible person.
It was late, I was tired, I didn't realize! XD and zoo. You. You shush. XD
Unread September 9th, 2010, 10:36 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky me View Post
I'm not sure why Ninja replied to that a year later, but I have to agree with him. Late is late. If you're not sure about traffic and such, leave earlier. Better to be early than late. Then, on the rare occasion you get stuck in really bad traffic from a wreck or something, call and inform them you may be late and people will understand since you're usually always on time.

Distance isn't an excuse. At one point I was driving about 50 minutes each way (!) to work. It sucked, but I did it. I was usually 15 or more minutes early because I wanted to leave enough wiggle room in case of traffic. To me that's just being a responsible person.
Thought you guys didn't care about "late is late" or late replies. what is this?
Unread September 9th, 2010, 12:12 PM

I live 5 minutes away from my store and I'm still late every day. It's called apathy kiddies, and I has it.
Unread September 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdjectiveZord View Post
I live 5 minutes away from my store and I'm still late every day. It's called apathy kiddies, and I has it.
I am sure you employees enjoy getting off work late.....
The top Poster!
Unread September 9th, 2010, 01:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
knob
Unread September 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
I am sure you employees enjoy getting off work late.....
Yeah, that would probably be a bigger issue if our store actually scheduled people for day shifts. All I'm doing is making the MOD be alone in the store for another five minutes. And really, considering the majority of my managers have the inability to close the store on time, it's a wash anyway. What's being five minutes late when we're getting out twenty minutes after the time we should have been done?

I literally had a SM tell me she didn't mind me being late because it helped us cut back on labor.
Unread September 9th, 2010, 10:16 PM

[QUOTE = I have worked at 5 stores in the past 2 months. [/quote]

thought you been got fired from bb? you still work here?
Unread September 9th, 2010, 10:44 PM

sorry to but in as im still new to posting here, but been reading the forum for months.
anyhow...im a sm..and maybe its just my state, cuz ca is crazy on labor laws, but any employee i send to work at another store i ALWAYS ask first, my employees appreciate it, and they all get paid milage from their home store. if they refuse to pay you call ethics or get a lawyer. but again maybe its just our laws.
Unread September 9th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I literally had a SM tell me she didn't mind me being late because it helped us cut back on labor.
I had a few of those as well. But only when I was a CSR. Once I became an MOD, if I was a few minutes late, it was pretty unacceptable. And I admit, it wasn't a great habit to pick up nor was it a good way to be trained. But hey, it happens. They either are ok with it or you get written up.

Usually the latter in my case...
Unread September 10th, 2010, 09:21 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowncoatNada View Post
I had a few of those as well. But only when I was a CSR. Once I became an MOD, if I was a few minutes late, it was pretty unacceptable. And I admit, it wasn't a great habit to pick up nor was it a good way to be trained. But hey, it happens. They either are ok with it or you get written up.

Usually the latter in my case...
I never tolerated lateness, put out a schedule and go by it. If you have problems with getting to work on time, maybe you need to find a job that will fit your needs.
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
almondSM (September 12th, 2010), Ninja (September 10th, 2010)