I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 4th, 2011, 03:13 PM
IHBB Freak

No! Why the hell did we have to mix in Blu Ray "to encourage customers to browse the entire wall" only to now group together all the new releases, thus telling customers "Hey! This is the new stuff. Don't bother with the rest of it!"????

Veruka_Salt (October 7th, 2011)
Unread October 4th, 2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Makes you wish they would make up their fucking mind, doesn't it. This was the way store were when I started BBI 13 years ago. A section for WEEKLY NR. Kids and family combine. Someone gets paid big bucks to sit on their ass a think off ways to redo the walls every time you turn around. And without extra hours probably .
The more things change, the more they stay the same. And that's honestly what I've seen in my time at Blockbuster. I love it when they come up with something "new" and I point to a time in the past when we did the exact same thing.
Unread October 4th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
No! Why the hell did we have to mix in Blu Ray "to encourage customers to browse the entire wall" only to now group together all the new releases, thus telling customers "Hey! This is the new stuff. Don't bother with the rest of it!"????

From a retail perspective, it is really stupid. I got my start in a grocery store and the rule of thumb was you don't put your best sellers in plain sight right where the customer can see them right away. Same with Blockbuster and the new releases...90% of customers come in looking for what just came out. So by forcing them to go to one section of the wall you prevent any impulse purchases. Wow...whatta a business!!!
Unread October 5th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
From a retail perspective, it is really stupid. I got my start in a grocery store and the rule of thumb was you don't put your best sellers in plain sight right where the customer can see them right away. Same with Blockbuster and the new releases...90% of customers come in looking for what just came out. So by forcing them to go to one section of the wall you prevent any impulse purchases. Wow...whatta a business!!!
This is why milk and bread are usually in the back of a grocery store-to make you walk through all the other products you might impulsively buy on your way in and out.
Unread October 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM

most stores have the blue carpet movies on the back of the stores, this forces people to walk between the aisle that has prp tables, games, and bsi.
Unread October 5th, 2011, 04:44 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
most stores have the blue carpet movies on the back of the stores, this forces people to walk between the aisle that has prp tables, games, and bsi.
Prp tables where always a fail to me

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
TheShooter87 (October 5th, 2011)
Unread October 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaroca View Post
The blue carpet isn't a bad idea. Its actually cool
Unread October 6th, 2011, 03:47 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
The blue carpet isn't a bad idea. Its actually cool
Ur right blue carpets are pretty cool especially when most store have blue carpet every where

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread October 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM

I wonder how my old store is handling this...they had blue carpet with yellow stars around it
Unread October 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
Ur right blue carpets are pretty cool especially when most store have blue carpet every where
hahah what are you talking about? Every blockbuster floor is pretty much black after what? 15 years without replacing it lol We all can see the customers trails around the store lol